St Jude

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I've been giving to this group for years with a monthly deduction...IMHO, nothing sadder then a child facing a battle for his life. :(Hardest thing for me personally here in a third world country are the kids...breaks my heart seeing a kid sleeping on a street.Although once they start begging it does personalize them as annoying...but a kid deathly sick?...crap, hard time for me to handle. Help some kids outNow, in the Philippines, I am not aware of any charity for sick children, but please advise. I have time, a few extra pesos... and a heart. :thumbs-up-smile:

Jake
Posted
Posted
I've been giving to this group for years with a monthly deduction...IMHO, nothing sadder then a child facing a battle for his life. :(Hardest thing for me personally here in a third world country are the kids...breaks my heart seeing a kid sleeping on a street.Although once they start begging it does personalize them as annoying...but a kid deathly sick?...crap, hard time for me to handle. Help some kids outNow, in the Philippines, I am not aware of any charity for sick children, but please advise. I have time, a few extra pesos... and a heart. :728:
Hey shipmate,You're not only funny with a bull eyes sarcasm but with a heart of gold. Last week a new member introduced himself as Gunniane2000 (Ted) who is from your neighborhood of Olongapo. Maybe you could PM him regarding charitable work for the young and poor.I salute you Sir -- Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Want to find out how strong a person somebody might be, just walk through a children's hospital without tearing at some point.I am weak. :(However, I have learned when to try and help a kid, and when not to. I was walking up the highway the other day with my pup, and seen a kid, filthy and packed with dirt... with another, older, just as unkempt.... the younger kid looked around 8, but of course very small. I noticed he was smoking a butt as his brother walked collecting plastics and the sort...I felt bad, and of course I suggested smoking was not good at his age..and the kid then proceeded to lace out a barrage of angry words with a look that said, "I will now kill you, chop you up and eat you slowly starting with your big mouth"...Funny thing, I did not know if he even knew what I said...but his tirade terrified me so much I began walking like a bat out of hell. :oNext time I see him I will give him some hope....a pack of it. :728:

Jake
Posted
Posted
Want to find out how strong a person somebody might be, just walk through a children's hospital without tearing at some point.I am weak. :(However, I have learned when to try and help a kid, and when not to. I was walking up the highway the other day with my pup, and seen a kid, filthy and packed with dirt... with another, older, just as unkempt.... the younger kid looked around 8, but of course very small. I noticed he was smoking a butt as his brother walked collecting plastics and the sort...I felt bad, and of course I suggested smoking was not good at his age..and the kid then proceeded to lace out a barrage of angry words with a look that said, "I will now kill you, chop you up and eat you slowly starting with your big mouth"...Funny thing, I did not know if he even knew what I said...but his tirade terrified me so much I began walking like a bat out of hell. :oNext time I see him I will give him some hope....a pack of it. :728:
Hey Inspector,That kid is part of the ten percent of bad apples. The other ninety percent is waiting foryou to bless them with your heart.Good luck -- Jake