Water Quality

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Any of the major hardware stores or home improvement centers like Citi Hardware will have a bot load of them. I would suggest a two stage filter, [charcoal and sediment] for basic needs if you are not going to drink it, but just cook with it.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Any idea how much they run? How much do the replacement filters go for?

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Because we just use it for cooking, I just bought the single cartridge filter that has two stages within it. The unit was about P1200 at Citi Hardware and the cheapest replacement cartridges are at Ace hardware for P360.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
1. I think most everywhere in the PI the water should be boiled or run through a special filter.2. don't know about Cebu specifically.3. A lot also depends on you as an individual...I guess I had a cast iron stomach...I drank the tap water and used it for ice most everywhere I ever lived in the PI...Did not get sick any more than I have ever here in the states which could never be linked to the water. I also ate off most any street vendor or toro toro on the side of the road, again all over Luzon. Don't remember ever getting sick from it. Could I have cought some ugly bugs and lived to regret it?? you betcha.I recently heard of a new filter available, not cheap, but will make cattle pond stagnant water safe to drink. It isn't cheap, but it last for like 6000 gal. before needing a $100.00 filter change. The unit is like $400.00, but it would make perfectly safe water for a very long time to drink 6000 gals. Thinking real serious of getting one to bring over with me, or balikbayan box it. Some of the stuff they are finding in bottle water is not exactly safe, just being ignored right now because it is a big market. Another one of those FDA blind spots. Hell some of the plastic bottles they put the water in could be killing us. That is the latest thing being looked at seriously. I will correct myself, I have pulled tap water that you couldn't see through in the glass, that I didn't drink..heheheJim
I would be interested in buying one of those filters. Do you have info on where they can be purchased ?
I had it written down, now can't find the place, but know where to find out again. I'll get the info....Understand this is not the typical household filter being referrred to here in another post, like you get at the hardware store. This thing would take direct input to the sewage plant and make it safe to drink..which is why it is so expensive...will get back and post the info when I find it again.Jim

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Safe or not I'm not drinking it.You'll find my dry bones next to the full bottle. :woohoo: :thumbsup:

scianna54
Posted
Posted

The water quality gets really bad during rainy season. I put tab water into a bottle last week and it was brown, MCWD.My relatives won't drink it, why should I. I still brush my teeth with it, you will be OK if you drink it I think. But have in mind that most of us are resistant to those little bacterias in it already, so a nasty LBM might be in order the first time you try the good stuff, hmmmm..

• 1 year later...
dnunez69
Posted
Posted

These may be of interest to those looking for a good water filter. I'm definitely taking one with me when I invade, I mean reside, in the Philippines! http://www.aquarain.com/http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/z-water-filter-ceramic.htmhttp://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/portable_systems.htm

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

We drink purified water which is actually made with reverse osmosis system. Everyone does so, why risk it...The city water though is used for ice, and we shower with it. Eventually we drink some...nothing happens.

brock
Posted
Posted

To make a nice cup of tea.....use San Mig Light

Jake
Posted
Posted
To make a nice cup of tea.....use San Mig Light
Dang Brock, there must be something in the water you're drinking. I can't put my finger on it,but you look a little different today. Actually, you look awesome......!Respectfully -- Jake