2011 Forum Get Together

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Just a comment on the Wine Shop. Have been going on and off to Cebu over last 6 years. Initially the Wine shop was very good. However, have noticed on last couple of occasions that the portions have been drastically reduced. The fries are barely a mouthful for example. On my last visit there...last November, it was terrible. Almost an hour to wait for food...and not because of too many customers, the place only had about 10 customers and the steak was undercooked. Has put me off wanting to go there again.Have seen comments here about people not wanting a smokey atmosphere..which is fair enough.The Kiwi Lodge has an open air bar / restaraunt that doesn't get smoke filled and the food is pretty good. Just a thought

Inspector
Posted
Posted

So, have you all decided where to meet? I'm ready to get it on with Lee, Tom and the rest...Cebu style! :morning1::cheersty::grouphugg:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So, have you all decided where to meet? I'm ready to get it on with Lee, Tom and the rest...Cebu style! :565: :7522: :nudie:
Nope as I'm not there in Cebu and Lee's not there yet to arrange anything either,so when we can confirm with the venue owner that we have the space needed for us then it will be posted which will most likely be mid February for the official unofficial announcement. 89.gif I anticipate the date of the get together will be the 18th of March if not then 19th of March but either way on one of these dates its party time no matter what.So pencil in those dates and in your case Inspector my date will be plugged as I have suspicions about you laugh.gif 540.gif

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
So, have you all decided where to meet? I'm ready to get it on with Lee, Tom and the rest...Cebu style! :565::cheersty::grouphugg:
Nope as I'm not there in Cebu and Lee's not there yet to arrange anything either,so when we can confirm with the venue owner that we have the space needed for us then it will be posted which will most likely be mid February for the official unofficial announcement. :89: I anticipate the date of the get together will be the 18th of March if not then 19th of March but either way on one of these dates its party time no matter what.So pencil in those dates and in your case Inspector my date will be plugged as I have suspicions about you :morning1: 540.gif
:Mad:123:dance:Will this party be lasting past 8 PM?:89: Edited by Jollygoodfellow
changed to mid Feb

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
So, have you all decided where to meet? I'm ready to get it on with Lee, Tom and the rest...Cebu style! :565::cheersty::grouphugg:
Nope as I'm not there in Cebu and Lee's not there yet to arrange anything either,so when we can confirm with the venue owner that we have the space needed for us then it will be posted which will most likely be mid February for the official unofficial announcement. :89: I anticipate the date of the get together will be the 18th of March if not then 19th of March but either way on one of these dates its party time no matter what.So pencil in those dates and in your case Inspector my date will be plugged as I have suspicions about you :morning1: 540.gif
:Mad:123:dance:Will this party be lasting past 8 PM?:89:
Sure did last year cheersty.gif Edited by Jollygoodfellow
changed to mid Feb

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The posts above has been changed to read mid February because we will be arriving on the 10th of Feb and then we need to get on that time zone as quickly as possible and get a few of our own things done, and then go over to the places Tom has in mind and see if they will work with us. So yes the last couple get togethers lasted way past 8 and it will be totally up to those who wish to come if they will stay one hour or stay until the end, since we usually start them early like 5 PM so it will fit everyones schedule.I would like to have some more replies in this section, so I have a better head count before we go ask the restaurants if they would be willing to reserve a whole section or whole restaurant for us alone, so guys and gals please let me know if you will be coming or are pretty sure you be coming to the March 18 or 19 get together and how many adults will be in your party, to give me a better idea of what size venue we will need. So far it is Tom (Boss Man) and his wife AnnOf course my ugly self and my beautiful wife and hopefully our daughters Charity and May and any of their teacher friends they may wish to bring.Paul Ancienrock and his wife ElsaMike (Ekimswish) and his wife, if he is in country at the time????? Inspector (yes I know his and her name biggrin.gif but you will have to be there to find it out biggrin.gif ) and his ladyCheChe but maybe no Brock, yet she is definitely welcome to come on her own or to bring a friend and we hope she doesPossibly Rusty and his lady JessieHopefully Old and cranky and we sure know he is not ugly. :yes:possibly MikejwoodnzProbably Pedra because my wife and I will bring her if she wishes to comeAdventureguy and I am going to do my best to keep it smoke free because I get sick from smokeHopefully Dave Houndriver and ?? or alone??Hopefully Talisay but I have not seen him on for a while?Loardblacknail and MariePossibly Britster and his son Paul but again I have not seen him on for a whileRoy2Cebu ????Anyone else I missed that would like to join us, and anyone who is a possible that would like to confirm or cancel???
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
The posts above HERE has been changed to read mid February because we will be arriving on the 10th of Feb and then we need to get on that time zone as quickly as possible and get a few of our own things done, and then go over to the places Tom has in mind and see if they will work with us. So yes the last couple get togethers lasted way past 8 and it will be totally up to those who wish to come if they will stay one hour or stay until the end, since we usually start them early like 5 PM so it will fit everyones schedule.I would like to have some more replies in this section, so I have a better head count before we go ask the restaurants if they would be willing to reserve a whole section or whole restaurant for us alone, so guys and gals please let me know if you will be coming or are pretty sure you be coming to the March 18 or 19 get together and how many adults will be in your party, to give me a better idea of what size venue we will need. So far it is Tom (Boss Man) and his wife AnnOf course my ugly self and my beautiful wife and hopefully our daughters Charity and May and any of their teacher friends they may wish to bring.Paul Ancienrock and his wife ElsaMike (Ekimswish) and his wife, if he is in country at the time????? Inspector (yes I know his and her name biggrin.gif but you will have to be there to find it out biggrin.gif ) and his ladyCheChe but maybe no Brock, yet she is definitely welcome to come on her own or to bring a friend and we hope she doesPossibly Rusty and his lady JessieHopefully Old and cranky and we sure know he is not ugly. :yes:possibly MikejwoodnzProbably Pedra because my wife and I will bring her if she wishes to comeAdventureguy and I am going to do my best to keep it smoke free because I get sick from smokeHopefully Dave Houndriver and ?? or alone??Hopefully Talisay but I have not seen him on for a while?Loardblacknail and MariePossibly Britster and his son Paul but again I have not seen him on for a whileRoy2Cebu ????Anyone else I missed that would like to join us, and anyone who is a possible that would like to confirm or cancel???
What about Frank and his lady? Edited by Jollygoodfellow
add link to post I changed

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
The posts above HERE has been changed to read mid February because we will be arriving on the 10th of Feb and then we need to get on that time zone as quickly as possible and get a few of our own things done, and then go over to the places Tom has in mind and see if they will work with us. So yes the last couple get togethers lasted way past 8 and it will be totally up to those who wish to come if they will stay one hour or stay until the end, since we usually start them early like 5 PM so it will fit everyones schedule.I would like to have some more replies in this section, so I have a better head count before we go ask the restaurants if they would be willing to reserve a whole section or whole restaurant for us alone, so guys and gals please let me know if you will be coming or are pretty sure you be coming to the March 18 or 19 get together and how many adults will be in your party, to give me a better idea of what size venue we will need. So far it is Tom (Boss Man) and his wife AnnOf course my ugly self and my beautiful wife and hopefully our daughters Charity and May and any of their teacher friends they may wish to bring.Frank and his ladyPaul Ancienrock and his wife ElsaMike (Ekimswish) and his wife, if he is in country at the time????? Inspector (yes I know his and her name biggrin.gif but you will have to be there to find it out biggrin.gif ) and his ladyCheChe but maybe no Brock, yet she is definitely welcome to come on her own or to bring a friend and we hope she doesPossibly Rusty and his lady JessieHopefully Old and cranky and we sure know he is not ugly. :yes:possibly MikejwoodnzProbably Pedra because my wife and I will bring her if she wishes to comeAdventureguy and I am going to do my best to keep it smoke free because I get sick from smokeHopefully Dave Houndriver and ?? or alone??Hopefully Talisay but I have not seen him on for a while?Loardblacknail and MariePossibly Britster and his son Paul but again I have not seen him on for a whileRoy2Cebu ????Anyone else I missed that would like to join us, and anyone who is a possible that would like to confirm or cancel???
What about Frank and his lady?
Whoops, th_thanx.gif I forgot about that since he did not reply here and I was only looking at those who replied, but I am pretty sure he will be coming because he does not leave Cebu until the 21st. I have now added him to the above. th_th7.gif Edited by Mr. Lee
add link to post I changed

Rudderless
Posted
Posted

I am interested! Gonna set a reminder on my phone right now for March 17. I'm sure I'll forget otherwise.Cheers,Rudderless

No name
Posted
Posted

Lee,I really want to be there. I hope I'll be able to. I can't plan anything. I just have to play things day by day or hour by hour.