2011 Forum Get Together

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Sadly I'm going to miss this, but i was a week away from being blind in the left eye. Sitting now at mom and dad's in Arizona recovering, still can't see out of the eye, just blurry, bloodshot and bruised up...like I was popped a good shot in the eye. Doctor visit on Tuesday, and I have this cool gas bubble in my eye that makes me dizzy when I look down (think leveler).......no altitude over 2500 feet until the bubble dissolves or it can pop in the eye....hopefully the bubble is keeping the detachment in place. Sick operation as they went inside the eye to put the bubble...cut the sucker open from the back, and I was lucky enough to be awake the entire time...with some lala drugs. BTW.....Korea is cold. Walking to the shuttle to take us to the layover hotel was a short walk made long being I was in a tank top and shorts....12 degrees F. :yes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
OK, so the March get together in Cebu City, at a place to be announced later on, will be March 18 or 19th and start around 5 PM and go to whenever the last person leaves. Below is an update of who is coming so far.So far it is Tom (Boss Man) and his wife AnnOf course my ugly self and my beautiful wife and hopefully our adult daughters Charity and May and any of their teacher friends they may wish to bring.Frank and his lady, if we have it on the 18th because he leaves the night of the 19th and won't be able to come.Paul Ancienrock and his wife ElsaMike (Ekimswish) and his wife, if he is in country at the time????? Inspector (yes I know his and her name biggrin.gif but you will have to be there to find it out biggrin.gif ) and his ladyCheChe but maybe no Brock, but she will bring a friendPossibly Rusty and his lady Jessie if he is feeling up to it.Hopefully Old and cranky and we sure know he is not ugly. :yes:possibly MikejwoodnzProbably Pedra because my wife and I will bring her if she wishes to comeAdventureguy and I am going to do my best to keep it smoke free because I get sick from smokeDave Houndriver plus oneHopefully Talisay but I have not seen him on for a while?Loardblacknail and MariePossibly Britster and his son Paul but again I have not seen him on for a whileRoy2Cebu ????RudderlessLars (Panserhansen)Terrance and his wife ShemieAnyone else I missed that would like to join us, and anyone who is a possible that would like to confirm or cancel??? Sorry it is a little confusing, Tom (Boss Man) wrote that we would all know where early Feb, but since I will not be there until Feb 10th and then I have some other personal things to deal with before going to lay the ground work in the places Tom has suggested to me, so therefore I changed his post and all succeeding posts to mid February which will still give everyone about one month to know where we will have the get together and since we all know when and that it will be somewhere in Cebu City, please mark all your calendars and please keep an eye on this section of the forum for updates.
Sadly I'm going to miss this, but i was a week away from being blind in the left eye. Sitting now at mom and dad's in Arizona recovering, still can't see out of the eye, just blurry, bloodshot and bruised up...like I was popped a good shot in the eye. Doctor visit on Tuesday, and I have this cool gas bubble in my eye that makes me dizzy when I look down (think leveler).......no altitude over 2500 feet until the bubble dissolves or it can pop in the eye....hopefully the bubble is keeping the detachment in place. Sick operation as they went inside the eye to put the bubble...cut the sucker open from the back, and I was lucky enough to be awake the entire time...with some lala drugs. BTW.....Korea is cold. Walking to the shuttle to take us to the layover hotel was a short walk made long being I was in a tank top and shorts....12 degrees F. :yes:
Sorry you will not be able to make it to the get together and happy you got there in time to save your eye. Get well soon my friend. Anyone else wish to confirm or cancel? The get together will be March 18th at the Ranch starting at 5 PM and going until whenever the last person wishes to leave.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey Shipmate,We appreciate your update and relieved that you are recovering from your ordeal. I could just imagine youtaking that freezing short walk in just a tank top and shorts. Hey, save some of those "lala drugs" for me.Respectfully -- Jake

No name
Posted
Posted
Sadly I'm going to miss this, but i was a week away from being blind in the left eye. Sitting now at mom and dad's in Arizona recovering, still can't see out of the eye, just blurry, bloodshot and bruised up...like I was popped a good shot in the eye. Doctor visit on Tuesday, and I have this cool gas bubble in my eye that makes me dizzy when I look down (think leveler).......no altitude over 2500 feet until the bubble dissolves or it can pop in the eye....hopefully the bubble is keeping the detachment in place. Sick operation as they went inside the eye to put the bubble...cut the sucker open from the back, and I was lucky enough to be awake the entire time...with some lala drugs.
That's an awful way to get to lala land. :)Sounds like your recover is going well.Hate to hear my free taxi ride is gone. :th_noproblem: hahaI'm probably not going to be there. I need to keep putting cash away before I take any trips.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Now my seperation is almost complete I expect to be there plus with a friend.However, my only concern is the anti-smoking feeling.I like a smoke but don't want to be frowned upon for that.Any other smokers attending?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Now my seperation is almost complete I expect to be there plus with a friend.However, my only concern is the anti-smoking feeling.I like a smoke but don't want to be frowned upon for that.Any other smokers attending?
As it is a restaurant there is no smoking inside but as per last year the smokers were happy to go outside when they felt the need, there are tables and chairs as well as cover outside.cheersty.gif

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Ok...thanks.Is there any entertainment at this venue...ie, a band, music, whatever?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Ok...thanks.Is there any entertainment at this venue...ie, a band, music, whatever?
Maybe its best to have a look at last years photos,it is a small western theme restaurant with a bar. If enough people are coming and any wants it I may be able to arrange a karaoke set up with Paul "Ancienrocka"as the main singer. Thats if he wants to be.But if no wants it then there is no other entertainment but a good chat and a few laughs.Suggestions are what we need now before its too late.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It is a restaurant owned and operated by a US expat and his filipina wife. They serve reasonable western and local foods at reasonable prices. Some people REALLY like the place and some people are lukewarm about it, thus I say reasonable.I like it. They have tables inside and outside. On a Friday evening they are quite busy with locals and expats. The quiet time is just after lunch if you want to drop by to check things out. There is no music or entertainment there except for the tv which is invariably turned on. Its kid friendly and there are often lots of youngsters running around. It is close to Badgers pub if anyone wants to go to the pub after eating. It is not close to anywhere that I can think of for live music or that kind of entertainment (but close enough if you have 100 pesos or less for a taxi)I'm going to throw this out there as discussion . . . many of the local girls like to go to Sunflower disco. It does not start to rock until after 10 or even later so, if there is an interest for people to take there ladies out dancing then perhaps we can organize that as an after-party? Personally I hate the place because the music is so loud and distorted but I am thinking what my wife and possibly your wife or girlfriend would like.?
  • Like 1

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted
Maybe its best to have a look at last years photos,it is a small western theme restaurant with a bar. If enough people are coming and any wants it I may be able to arrange a karaoke set up with Paul "Ancienrocka"as the main singer. Thats if he wants to be.But if no wants it then there is no other entertainment but a good chat and a few laughs.Suggestions are what we need now before its too late.
Well we all know the filipinos love karaoke...would be good to have that and let 'em run...then after a few san migs will probably venture forth myself.. Oasis..Wonderwall...hic! Who else wouldn't?And after aaalllll, you're my wonderwaaallll...hic!!Gotta have a laugh hey.