Is It Really Cheaper To Live In The Phils

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thholysheep.gif Just for a box of Kellogs brand non-frosted corn flakes! I flunked out of math in high school! So it's meaningless to me! SugarwareZ-034.gif 1753-4631-4-3-i56.gif We don't buy cereal anymore, because they are always out of what I want! My wife buys me Philly cheese steak "Hot Pockets" at S & R, Alabang! Great for anytime of the morning, day or midnight snacks! Yeah, I know it may cost more than a box of corn flakes, but it still fits in our weekly grocery budget! mocking.gif Edited by Art2ro

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Well Art, I have bookmarked that conversion site for any future, on topic, cereal cost debates. :lol:Oh crap....back on topic. :89:What about the cost of a car?...I have heard cars are more expensive here, but I was wondering how that holds up with Japanese cars with it being closer. Does the Philippines tax the hell out of Japanese cars like they do many other, well all other, imports? Anybody?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Well Art, I have bookmarked that conversion site for any future, on topic, cereal cost debates. :lol:Oh crap....back on topic. :89:What about the cost of a car?...I have heard cars are more expensive here, but I was wondering how that holds up with Japanese cars with it being closer. Does the Philippines tax the hell out of Japanese cars like they do many other, well all other, imports? Anybody?
Now you know why I'm still driving my "Little Red" 1979 Toyota Corolla! "It's cheaper to keep her", but I don't how much longer!SugarwareZ-034.gif Still saving my centavos to buy a more decent vehicle soon! I still plan to keep "Little Red" as a back up!

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

I had a reply on the begining of this topic about cost of living, no need to repeat.Why comparing prices of Philippines with prices of US or else where? Unless one lives here because he cannot survive on his own country from his income then there is no point comparing two different things. I live here due to so many other reasons than cheap living. As for a car, they are not that much expensive unless you want the bulky SUV's and 4X4 monsters. I drive a 2006 honda city 1300cc engine. Bought it in 2006 650.000p (should have been about 15000$). I used to have better and FASTER cars before (it is my 22nd car...) but here that would be such a waste, cannot speed anywhere (other than NLEX and SLEX) anything more than 70- 80km/h and being safe. The maintenance and parts of the good cars is extremely expensive since there is the thought "you drive this you have money" the loss on the resale price is tremendous after the second-third year, even if you want to sell it not many can afford the high price you request so if you do need to sell it then you end up selling it for a bargain. So i stay with my honda city. In 5 years has asked me very few and minor things and i can still sell it on more than half the price i bought it. Takes me from A to B nicely, it has gone through huge floods and it never stopped (thankfully). Now it is asking for shock absorbers since the roads i drive it here are asphalt for a 4X4....When it comes to gas very economical.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thholysheep.gifMy wife is always kidding me that she's ashamed of being seen riding in my 1979 Toyota Corolla while all her lady friends have nice newer or slightly used vehicles! I always reply, "you can always walk under the hot sun and bake your ass off if you're ashamed riding in my car" and she usually shuts up after that for about a few months and she's at it again, this time saying, "why don't you sell your old car to a Filipino movie company where they blow up cars in their action chase scenes"! devil.gif "Yeah, it's cheaper to keep her", including my wife! SugarwareZ-034.gif mocking.gif Edited by Art2ro

piglett
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thholysheep.gifMy wife is always kidding me that she's ashamed of being seen riding in my 1979 Toyota Corolla while all her lady friends have nice newer or slightly used vehicles! I always reply, "you can always walk under the hot sun and bake your ass off if you're ashamed riding in my car" and she usually shuts up after that for about a few months and she's at it again, this time saying, "why don't you sell your old car to a Filipino movie company where they blow up cars in their action chase scenes"! devil.gif "Yeah, it's cheaper to keep her", including my wife! SugarwareZ-034.gif mocking.gif
Hey Art2 why is she banging your car sooo bad ??does she want to go get a job & buy you a newer but maybe not better car???chicks....... can't beat them, can't sell them, so what ya gonna do ???piglett Edited by piglett

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thholysheep.gifMy wife is always kidding me that she's ashamed of being seen riding in my 1979 Toyota Corolla while all her lady friends have nice newer or slightly used vehicles! I always reply, "you can always walk under the hot sun and bake your ass off if you're ashamed riding in my car" and she usually shuts up after that for about a few months and she's at it again, this time saying, "why don't you sell your old car to a Filipino movie company where they blow up cars in their action chase scenes"! devil.gif "Yeah, it's cheaper to keep her", including my wife! SugarwareZ-034.gif mocking.gif
Hey Art2 why is she banging your car sooo bad ??does she want to go get a job & buy you a newer but maybe not better car???chicks....... can't beat them, can't sell them, so what ya gonna do ???piglett
th_thholysheep.gifBecause I bought this old car in 1998 to begin with and it's still running! I'm stuck with her for better or for worst, including my wife! SugarwareZ-034.gif Edited by Art2ro

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Hey Art2 why is she banging your car sooo bad ??does she want to go get a job & buy you a newer but maybe not better car???chicks....... can't beat them, can't sell them, so what ya gonna do ???piglett
th_thholysheep.gifBecause I bought this old car in 1998 to begin with and it's still running! I'm stuck with her for better or for worst, including my wife! SugarwareZ-034.gif
You know Art2, it sounds to me as though you know how to get the most out of what you pay for "in one way or another" for anything you purchase or own, and that can never be laughed at or looked down upon. I commend you and wish I had your ability to do the same in my life! Thankfully my wife doesn't want a car, which is good because I can't afford one right now! Even if I could I would be just as happy with an "owner jeep" or a VW beetle as it was the best car I ever owned, and I too have owned quite a few cars in my life, including Cevys, Olds, Chrysler,Mercs, BMW's, Jaguars and even a TVR.Papa Carl

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifBecause I bought this old car in 1998 to begin with and it's still running! I'm stuck with her for better or for worst, including my wife! SugarwareZ-034.gif
You know Art2, it sounds to me as though you know how to get the most out of what you pay for "in one way or another" for anything you purchase or own, and that can never be laughed at or looked down upon. I commend you and wish I had your ability to do the same in my life! Thankfully my wife doesn't want a car, which is good because I can't afford one right now! Even if I could I would be just as happy with an "owner jeep" or a VW beetle as it was the best car I ever owned, and I too have owned quite a few cars in my life, including Cevys, Olds, Chrysler,Mercs, BMW's, Jaguars and even a TVR.Papa Carl
Before anyone mentions that I did not own a Japanese car, I also owned a Toyota, Honda and even a Datsun 510 before they were bought out. I don't discriminate, even with cars!! Ha HaPapa Car

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I bought my "Little Red" 1979 Toyota Corolla in really bad condition in 1998 for P45,000 as is and had her restored back to her old glory for P42,000 just interior and exterior cosmetics, but the engine hasn't been touch all this time except for oil seals, A/C compressor and radiator! A newer car would cost more for parts! post-682-0-18577000-1307261053_thumb.jpg post-682-0-63320200-1307261009_thumb.jpg