Bringing In Coffee

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It makes a nice story, Lee, but your act was passed June 8, 1960 and subsequently REPEALED on March 28, 1996Republic Act No. 8178
Thank you Dave, :thats-funny: that is great news. :yes: That is the wonderful thing about forums, there is always someone like yourself who is good at doing research and finding information such as that which you just provided. I searched out this bill when it was sent to me in an email and I never found this repeal, so again this forum and our forum members rock. Just goes to prove how the forum and our great forum members such as yourself, are very important for all the rest of us. :yes: Now I just hope Doug did not unpack his BB boxes and take his coffee out.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
It makes a nice story, Lee, but your act was passed June 8, 1960 and subsequently REPEALED on March 28, 1996Republic Act No. 8178
Thank you Dave, :541: that is great news. :yes: That is the wonderful thing about forums, there is always someone like yourself who is good at doing research and finding information such as that which you just provided. I searched out this bill when it was sent to me in an email and I never found this repeal, so again this forum and our forum members rock. Just goes to prove how the forum and our great forum members such as yourself, are very important for all the rest of us. :yes: Now I just hope Doug did not unpack his BB boxes and take his coffee out.
But, it's been re-reappealed ....as in, no food items with NO EXEMPTION being allowed shipping from the USA department of homeland security. :89::lol:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:541: :lol:

softail
Posted
Posted

I just got off the phone with Forex and asked them directly if canned food or instant coffee was a problem and was told that it was OK. Doug and SallyI

Thank you Dave, :541: that is great news. :lol: That is the wonderful thing about forums, there is always someone like yourself who is good at doing research and finding information such as that which you just provided. I searched out this bill when it was sent to me in an email and I never found this repeal, so again this forum and our forum members rock. Just goes to prove how the forum and our great forum members such as yourself, are very important for all the rest of us. :yes: Now I just hope Doug did not unpack his BB boxes and take his coffee out.
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that was a good find alright! But I don't deal with Balikbayan boxes anymore! So, ship away for those who do! th_thholysheep.gifThere are so many ambiguous laws in the Philippines, one just have to dig into all of the RA, memorandums, revisions and current House or Senate Bills on-line to determine what is up to date! It's truly a tedious tasks with tons of information on their government websites!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Jake
Posted
Posted

I just got off the phone with Forex and asked them directly if canned food or instant coffee was a problem and was told that it was OK. Doug and SallyMan, I love this forum! Doug and I could double team together and find the same outcome. I also e-mailed Manila Forwarder inSan Diego just this morning with their response:

Hi Master Chief Fune,

The restrictions on food items are of commercial quantity only. Care packages of food items that are not perishable is fine.

Manny Paez

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I really dont see the problem as most of these rules are the same in any country as to what is allowed to come in through checked luggage/carry on. You might want to look at your own country before packing the bags to head home.Most people just dont understand the risk such as spread of disease to native wildlife or things like fruit and vegetables etc by bringing in certain products.It is common in Australia to see Asian travelers having their bags searched at the airport because they pack suit cases full of food items thinking they cant get it here or what ever,anything that is a risk like things that could have seeds or bugs are destroyed.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I will let all know the S&R price of 3 pounds of columbian coffee tomorrow, Kirkland brand (good costco stuff)....the better half is stopping there before her flight to Davao City to get a can.:grouphugg:

Inspector
Posted
Posted

P 750 :AddEmoticons04230:

Jake
Posted
Posted
P 750 :AddEmoticons04230:
OK, thank you shipmate! 750 pesos is approximately 17 bucks for a 3lbs Columbian ground coffee Kirkland brandsold in S&R. About the same price at Costco in the States:http://www.costco.co...=C&topnav=bdoffJake