The Cars We Drove In The 50's & 60's

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

HERE is a site of the famous Barrett Jackson Auctions of old collectible cars, bikes, trucks etc. Past auctions will show just how much some of those oldies can go for. For instance a 1966 Mustang convertible went for $38,500 and a 1969 Z28 Camaro went for $60,500. I sure wish I still had some of my cars of the past, but who could have afforded to keep them back then. sad.gif

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

hey jake..we used to run at the GDHS access road, when the AFP. would let us . at 85cents.a gallon, and 25 cents for a pack of camels. we put some san migs.away fast at 3pesos a bottle. then again the exchange rate was 1dollar US to 5piso PH.the cyclone was my daily driver back then, a lot of the other cars were chick magnets, and show cars.they would talk the talk but wouldnt walk the walk..now the BUICK GRAN SPORT, that bobby has ,was the car to recon with, with a stage 2 motor that ran on AVGAS, he spent a small fortune on tyres. and liked to run his headers open. Come to think of it , i had just installed twin CHERRYBOMB glasspacks in my car before i left.she is no hot rod, just a top end job. oversized valves, ported, edelbrock scorpion intake, and mallory magnaspark cdi. ignition , running twin holly 650cfm. carbs. and a s tock main.:10001:

Jake
Posted
Posted
hey jake..we used to run at the GDHS access road, when the AFP. would let us . at 85cents.a gallon, and 25 cents for a pack of camels. we put some san migs.away fast at 3pesos a bottle. then again the exchange rate was 1dollar US to 5piso PH.the cyclone was my daily driver back then, a lot of the other cars were chick magnets, and show cars.they would talk the talk but wouldnt walk the walk..now the BUICK GRAN SPORT, that bobby has ,was the car to recon with, with a stage 2 motor that ran on AVGAS, he spent a small fortune on tyres. and liked to run his headers open. Come to think of it , i had just installed twin CHERRYBOMB glasspacks in my car before i left.she is no hot rod, just a top end job. oversized valves, ported, edelbrock scorpion intake, and mallory magnaspark cdi. ignition , running twin holly 650cfm. carbs. and a s tock main.:10001:
Ahh, what memories along the access road of George Dewey HS. I even remember the dug out at the HS baseball fieldwhere we used to make out. My prom date was Ronda Bangle, aka "spread eagle". I ran around with the Sevilla brothersand Phil Havins, who had a nice CB750 Honda. Didn't hang out too much in Subic because I lived on base at San MiguelComm Station. But at the ripe of age of 14-15, I learned the facts of life in PO City -- a sensory overload for a virgin guylike me. Even at 5 piso to a dollar back then, PO City was kickin'.Thanks for the memories -- Jake