Sexpats

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Sexpats and military guys are not quite the "best" example of comparison Tom, and IMHO, it seems you are looking for an argument to excuse ALL sexpats.
No I'm not looking for an argument to excuse sexpats but I some times read stories from hypocrites that state they knocked off all the girls in the Philippines in their military days and crawled from one bar to another but many years on people still do this but they are looked down on by the same people who did it themselves years ago.Maybe they see it differently now that they are older but its still the same thing in my opinion.
You state that it is hypocrites who look down on these people. Some are, I think. Some just seem to have old fashioned, out of date, belief systems. Those people believe that the young sailors are performing a rite of passage. When that is repeated at 60 if it is it is referred to as second childhood. Those same people admire a young girl with a baby but would mock a 60 year old lady if she were giving birth.I don't defend what those people are doing. I just think hypocrites is a strong and argumentative term where I would use the expression 'outdated moral attitude' or something similar.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Sexpats and military guys are not quite the "best" example of comparison Tom, and IMHO, it seems you are looking for an argument to excuse ALL sexpats.
No I'm not looking for an argument to excuse sexpats but I some times read stories from hypocrites that state they knocked off all the girls in the Philippines in their military days and crawled from one bar to another but many years on people still do this but they are looked down on by the same people who did it themselves years ago.Maybe they see it differently now that they are older but its still the same thing in my opinion.
:th_thholysheep:I'm guessing this post is directed at me and my first visit post...and that certainly is a strong word.Well, you are surly entitled to your opinion Tom, but IMHO, a military guy who is single and forced to spend hours away from females, that arrives in a port as per instructions by his superiors and is given a chance to pay for sex from any hooker, weather that is Subic, New York City or Hotel (shet) street in Hawaii...well, that's what many of these single 18-22 year old guys do. It's not as if a military guy has many "options"....well, aside from stroking it in the head and getting caught. A sexpat has a CHOICE, while the young military guy has few options and choices...well, aside from being a masturbating virgin. Understand that CHOICE part?...cause that part is the HUGE difference between a sexpat, and a young sailor boy. The military says where you go, and that you will be around many guys for long periods of time...at an age where the sex drive is beyond control. Good...now that we realize the sexpat has a choice to not only be with woman in his western country, he also makes it a choice to come to the poor impoverished country to "use" the woman, and take the blue pill...while it can be said, both parties use each other, MANY sexpats flaunt lies of promises to gain a bedroom visit, while a bargirl makes no bones, and can be using the said sexpat herself, for financial reasons. Choice....:cheersty:As I said, the part you snipped out...being a sexpat does not make you a bad person Tom, nor does being a bargirl or marrying one...but it it is what it is. Once you take away the why's, you are stuck with the do's...and the do makes the what it is, or was. It's sort of why drunks begin AA meetings saying their name, and that they ARE a drunk...despite not being drunk. Got that part?Choice, it is yours. MANY military guys I know still live in Subic...and many in Angeles, many married. Many also single, and still playing around in bars. Are the last types sexpats now? Hell yeah...and as said, it doesn't make them BAD people Tom. It's what they are...and if they are good sexpats, who cares what is said about them.You seem quite defensive about sexpats and bargirls...any reason? :horse:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:th_thholysheep:I'm guessing this post is directed at me and my first visit post...and that certainly is a strong word.Well, you are surly entitled to your opinion Tom, but IMHO, a military guy who is single and forced to spend hours away from females, that arrives in a port as per instructions by his superiors and is given a chance to pay for sex from any hooker, weather that is Subic, New York City or Hotel (shet) street in Hawaii...well, that's what many of these single 18-22 year old guys do. It's not as if a military guy has many "options"....well, aside from stroking it in the head and getting caught. A sexpat has a CHOICE, while the young military guy has few options and choices...well, aside from being a masturbating virgin. Understand that CHOICE part?...cause that part is the HUGE difference between a sexpat, and a young sailor boy. The military says where you go, and that you will be around many guys for long periods of time...at an age where the sex drive is beyond control. Good...now that we realize the sexpat has a choice to not only be with woman in his western country, he also makes it a choice to come to the poor impoverished country to "use" the woman, and take the blue pill...while it can be said, both parties use each other, MANY sexpats flaunt lies of promises to gain a bedroom visit, while a bargirl makes no bones, and can be using the said sexpat herself, for financial reasons. Choice....:cheersty:As I said, the part you snipped out...being a sexpat does not make you a bad person Tom, nor does being a bargirl or marrying one...but it it is what it is. Once you take away the why's, you are stuck with the do's...and the do makes the what it is, or was. It's sort of why drunks begin AA meetings saying their name, and that they ARE a drunk...despite not being drunk. Got that part?Choice, it is yours. MANY military guys I know still live in Subic...and many in Angeles, many married. Many also single, and still playing around in bars. Are the last types sexpats now? Hell yeah...and as said, it doesn't make them BAD people Tom. It's what they are...and if they are good sexpats, who cares what is said about them.You seem quite defensive about sexpats and bargirls...any reason? :horse:
No I'm not directing this post at you,I read lots of forums ,blogs and websites and generally I see the same thing where its NOT OK for someone to do something but these people live in glasshouses and should not be throwing stones.You can try all you like as its twice now you are implying something with your last line,if you have something on your mind just say it. yes.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
No I'm not directing this post at you,I read lots of forums ,blogs and websites and generally I see the same thing where its NOT OK for someone to do something but these people live in glasshouses and should not be throwing stones.You can try all you like as its twice now you are implying something with your last line,if you have something on your mind just say it. yes.gif
Gentlemen, good valid comments from both sides of the house. I would not want to amplify either pro or against.The discussion(s) can open a lot of minds, especially from those that are unfamiliar of travelling abroad in theFar East. Thank you guys for some good read!Respectfully -- Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted
No I'm not directing this post at you,I read lots of forums ,blogs and websites and generally I see the same thing where its NOT OK for someone to do something but these people live in glasshouses and should not be throwing stones.You can try all you like as its twice now you are implying something with your last line,if you have something on your mind just say it. :)
Me?...speak my mind? :lol:You can say many things about me.... hypocrite, sarcastic, unfunny, rude...some might be true, others might not believe so...but ONE thing I have NEVER been told, being afraid to speak my mind.If I had ANYTHING that was on my mind...it would be said. 100% assured. :yes:I'm asking YOU...is there anything on YOUR mind?You are the one who delves into this frenzied bargirl defense mode on every post negative about them, or now, a topic you opened, cause a person "says" sexpat, followed up with a tag of being a hypocrite, with what I would call a silly comparison of a 19 year old ship sailor versus a aged retired western guy who decides to move to third world countries loaded up with the blue pills and stalking malls and date sites with lies, or no lies and hitting bars and purchasing fantasy girls. I'm just asking YOU...what's the deal with the the VERY defensive mode with the word sexpat, and bargirl/whore? :lol:I have NO IDEA why...thus, the question. :551:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
No I'm not directing this post at you,I read lots of forums ,blogs and websites and generally I see the same thing where its NOT OK for someone to do something but these people live in glasshouses and should not be throwing stones.You can try all you like as its twice now you are implying something with your last line,if you have something on your mind just say it. :)
Me?...speak my mind? :lol:You can say many things about me.... hypocrite, sarcastic, unfunny, rude...some might be true, others might not believe so...but ONE thing I have NEVER been told, being afraid to speak my mind.If I had ANYTHING that was on my mind...it would be said. 100% assured. :yes:I'm asking YOU...is there anything on YOUR mind?You are the one who delves into this frenzied bargirl defense mode on every post negative about them, or now, a topic you opened, cause a person "says" sexpat, followed up with a tag of being a hypocrite, with what I would call a silly comparison of a 19 year old ship sailor versus a aged retired western guy who decides to move to third world countries loaded up with the blue pills and stalking malls and date sites with lies, or no lies and hitting bars and purchasing fantasy girls. I'm just asking YOU...what's the deal with the the VERY defensive mode with the word sexpat, and bargirl/whore? :lol:I have NO IDEA why...thus, the question. :551:
Notes from a person on the outside looking in:Some discussions are taken much more seriously by readers who perceive logic in your words rather than sensing a member in either attack or defense mode. In this post you have stated that BossMan is in a "VERY defensive mode". While some believe fighting fire with fire is the ultimate winning strategy, I believe it merely results in a bigger fire.What bothers me is your use of "frenzied bargirl defense mode", "silly comparison", and other such exaggerations. You seem to be belittling another member's words in order to justify your position. Not cool.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

If, being a single sailor and fooling around with many girls in many ports made me a sex...pat, ummmm... sex squid seems a better term, then I am guilty. :SugarwareZ-034:I was very good looking back then though....and they should all be thanking me. :whistling:But I will still call older, less attractive men who come here and third world countries to find just woman, sexpats.As a positive term, for Tom.... :cheersty:Because...sex is GOOD! :woohoo:Inspectorsexpat! :horse:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I was very good looking back then though....and they should all be thanking me. :horse:
By my personal definition you were not a sexpat at that time in your life. You were just doing what would come naturally anywhere in the world, at home or abroad. And yes, I bet there are a lot of girls who still think of you. For some of them, at that time, you were the highlight of their life.Just ask any girl you meet today if they still remember someone special from long ago who only spent one night with them. I would bet that there is always someone special in their memories.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
No I'm not directing this post at you,I read lots of forums ,blogs and websites and generally I see the same thing where its NOT OK for someone to do something but these people live in glasshouses and should not be throwing stones.You can try all you like as its twice now you are implying something with your last line,if you have something on your mind just say it. :yes:
Notes from a person on the outside looking in:Some discussions are taken much more seriously by readers who perceive logic in your words rather than sensing a member in either attack or defense mode. In this post you have stated that BossMan is in a "VERY defensive mode". While some believe fighting fire with fire is the ultimate winning strategy, I believe it merely results in a bigger fire.What bothers me is your use of "frenzied bargirl defense mode", "silly comparison", and other such exaggerations. You seem to be belittling another member's words in order to justify your position. Not cool.
Oh the drama! :89:What's not cool? :lol:I made a post about my first trip to the Philippines, and stated I slept with bargirls by the scores, as well as many other ports...as did many other sailors. I then said sexpat a bit, and Tom in a roundabout way called me a hypocrite in a separate thread, made right after I said this, despite the fact I never quite used sexpats in a negative term. Now I'm being analyzed by you?....lol... because I said "frenzy"...an adjective, one that I stand 100% behind. Listen, I post on message boards to have fun, laugh and not get worked up over a few words...wizardofoz.jpgFrenzy, sexpat and bargirl, oh my. :)

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I was very good looking back then though....and they should all be thanking me. :horse:
By my personal definition you were not a sexpat at that time in your life. You were just doing what would come naturally anywhere in the world, at home or abroad. And yes, I bet there are a lot of girls who still think of you. For some of them, at that time, you were the highlight of their life.Just ask any girl you meet today if they still remember someone special from long ago who only spent one night with them. I would bet that there is always someone special in their memories.
Thank you Dave...and for the record, NOBODY would ever forget me after I whipped it out. 1%20%28172%29.gifYou do realize I've made many a woman giggle and point back in my day. Wait a second.....:551: