Would You Live Here Without Air Conditioning?

Would you live here without air conditioning?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you live here without air conditioning?

Inspector
Posted
Posted
bbd663fd067cae35be02cbd4c2530e6f.jpghaha...had to buy two pizza pies before the NY Ranger game....and after, almost was in three fights cause of Jackie Gleason, once with a taxi driver, another a bus driver and my own son in law for not stopping for a shrimp roll :lol:I vote...daughters, marry a older nice guy!:540:

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I find it curious that I can go out jogging in the heat of the afternoon, sit outside in an open air restobar and enjoy it, go sit by the pool and soak up some rays, go visit a friend who has no air conditioning. I frequently do all of these things without even thinking about air conditioning,BUTAs soon as I am home relaxing, frittering away time on my computer, having a nap, watching tv, or anything like that I HAVE to have air conditioning or I become a bitchy miserable person to live with. So, I could live here without a/c but I wouldn't.
Dave...out here in Davao City we were looking at a house at a Solariega ...a place WITH a community pool. We ended up in Ecoland, no pool, because the house is a LOT larger, and walking distance to the SM mall...I mean a 3 minute walk. Still, I miss the pool....I LOVE pools. :yes:Makes me wonder too...why are there not more pools being built in middle class filipino's houses?...this country is probably the BEST place to have one...hot ALL year long, and cheap pool boys. :540:

Inspector
Posted
Posted
3c224db00e3318fd3a6a8566253a00d7.jpgI died in Tombstone...the heat, or the pancakes.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Here's a fact and I'm not just boasting either which some people thought I was! We've alway'd had and will have our master bedroom air conditioning on 24/7 all year round, except for the cooler months in the evening between late November and February! But I knew some real frugal people who are tight with their budget and wouldn't think of doing such a thing and would rather forgo A/C and just use electric fans in order to save a penny here and a penny there! So, each to their own in the name of comfort or expense! Different strokes for different folks! th_thholysheep.gif I personally won't do without air conditioning!

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

The last house I rented in CDO had a huge aircon. I had it running every minute I was in that house. The electric bill was 12,000 pesos a month. Aircon for sure for this wimpy westerner.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The last house I rented in CDO had a huge aircon. I had it running every minute I was in that house. The electric bill was 12,000 pesos a month. Aircon for sure for this wimpy westerner.
I heard gossip that electricity rates were cheaper outside of Manila and Cebu. Any idea what that huge aircon would run you by Cebu's prices?

sjp52
Posted
Posted
I heard gossip that electricity rates were cheaper outside of Manila and Cebu. Any idea what that huge aircon would run you by Cebu's prices?
I have found that most things are very close in price between CDO and Cebu. So I don,t think it would be much difference in price for the aircon

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted

I would rather play a fancy piano naked in a gay brothel somewhere in the moderate climes rather than live in the PH without aircon.

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I think I could do it, but it would take some time to get acclimated.  The hardest part would be at night because its gotta be nice and cool for me to sleep well, but a nice big fan would do the trick.I survived being in the sandbox (Saudi) for a couple months with no A/C and it hotter than Cebu.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I would rather play a fancy piano naked in a gay brothel somewhere in the moderate climes rather than live in the PH without aircon.
Oh NO, another naked guy playing the piano -- just like Inspector's avatar! Excuse me while I puke again.....But, if you have a nice tattoo above your butt crack, I might be entice to sing a duo of My Way in F sharp.Tempted -- Jake