Would You Live Here Without Air Conditioning?

Would you live here without air conditioning?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you live here without air conditioning?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Again, but in just two words, "NO way"! mocking.gif

i agree,

NO WAY. i do require the nightly AIR CON to help me & my child sleep better.

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

I have went with out Air-con most of my life. I prefer to have it or the choice to turn it on. Mostly because of training & P.T.ing really takes it out of the Solider / Athlete. Air-con in really humid, hot environments helps with recovery and rehydration for the next training session and can help to extend one's energy during skill acquirement. Still, Not much of a deal breaker at this point.....

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would have to say no. Here in Texas I keep my thermostat set on 70 degrees year round. I don't care if my heat or A/C is running just as long as my house is comfortable. So I can't imagine I will be much different there. (Unless the electricity bill really kicks my ass!)

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

YES AND I DO

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are other ways to keep cool...

And though I haven't been to the Philippines, I have been to other places just as hot and humid if not even more so! And no ac there at all! So...

I would say Yes too!

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I never really use air con unless i'm in the city in a hotel and make use of it otherwise i never use it for several reasons:

1./ Once you rely on air/com going outside in the natural heat is much harder

2./ cost, if I used it I would have to add a lot more for electricity bill.

3./ I don't think it's as healthy to have air con air breathing in all the time. I think your body was made to deal with any situation.

Fans at home by the beach do me fine, sometimes i just open my windows and the fresh salt sea air could be coming through enough and not even need the fans. Plus I swim usually at least once a day. Exercising like running along the beach for a jog at the hottest time of the day is a good workout and makes hot days and sitting around much easier. ...just some examples on how to deal with the heat although I have to admit some days are really hot at this time of year... But I did live in the city and I also only used fans and had my 12th floor apartment windows opened most of the time..

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 3

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

Yes I would and do live without A/C. Between the cost of power, the unreliability of said costly power and my inherent comfort with the heat, I am good to go without it.

:23_11_60[2]:

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

No problem for me living without AC. Hand held fan works good if it gets to hot.

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

can you provide some suggestions?

Curley
Posted
Posted

can you provide some suggestions?

Hang a wet towel over any window where air enters the house.

Wash the floor with plenty of water.... as it evaporates it takes heat out of the air.

I have a fan that has a revolving "blanket" that travels through a trough of water and the air is sucked through that.

• Like 1