Would You Live Here Without Air Conditioning?

Would you live here without air conditioning?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you live here without air conditioning?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Been living here for over 5 years with no A/C ..... but I do use the A/C when I drive because of all the pollution ...... but as soon as we get out of the city I turn it off and roll down the windows ..... but then I did the same in the US .....

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Do the old Louisiana trick... Before going to bed, mist your sheets with water. Just a fine mist and not too much. Keep Windows on the sunny side of the house closed and curtains drawn. Put reflective blinds on windows that get afternoon sun. Or even get a window tint that blocks UV and put on the windows that get afternoon sun as well. Ceiling fans throughout the house on low speeds. Keep as many appliances off as possible - especially those that use external power adapters! Have a good strong venting fan in the kitchen over your cooking area - or at least a window with a fan venting out. Wear light weight cotton clothes - or if you prefer, wear nothing at all!

:mocking:

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

I used to have a house with one window at the side of the lounge that received the full blast of a hot sun every day, sun reflecting curtains drawn across the window for months at a time helped but some of the heat still entered the house and the glass in the window was very hot to touch. I came up with the idea of putting a sheet of 1" thick white polystyrene over the outside of the glass. It was fantastic, it let in far more light than the curtains and yet the window was cool to the touch. I did a similar thing for a Fillipino family that had a see through fibre glass panel in the ceiling of their kitchen..... I wonder if it's still there? Probably blown away in a storm and forgotten about. :)

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Do the old Louisiana trick

Your Louisiana trick is similar to my Canadiana trick. I don't like to sleep in wet sheets so I soak in a lukewarm tub until my body temp drops a little bit then I dry off and go to bed. I'll be cool all night while my filipina partner is crying for air conditioning.

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

can,t go without it mine is on 24/7 I tried it without for 1 night and I coud,nt sleep the whole night.But it does give me problems sometimes my mouth dries up and my breathing gets difficult .when you see the crap on the filter when I clean it every 3 months its shocking how much pollution is coming in off the street .

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm living without it right now but I would not enjoy it for the long term.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Been living here for over 5 years with no A/C ..... but I do use the A/C when I drive because of all the pollution ...... but as soon as we get out of the city I turn it off and roll down the windows ..... but then I did the same in the US .....

fuddy duddy :hystery:

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

air con is a drug, if you use it you can't live without it, simple as that, never used it for several years and several different places. I realize if you live in the central city it's almost vital otherwise you would breathe in dirty stinking air all day but out of the city you don't really need it.

jojones
Posted
Posted

Essential for me in the daytime here. I've got used to and now actually prefer it off at night with just a fan on (unless its a super hot day/night)

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i dont like it when its to cold, plus the noise, i do like a fan plus its cheaper too

• Like 1