Tourist Visa To The Usa For Pinay Wife

4thDan
Posted
Posted

I am 13A...am planning on a trip back to the States this fall to see new grandson and want to take wife with....I understand the tourist visa is valid for 10 years and is multiple entry...what i need to know are the following:Embassy hours in CebuCost of Visa?time to procure once application is madeanything else i need to know but was too stupid not to ask...Thanks all

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am 13A...am planning on a trip back to the States this fall to see new grandson and want to take wife with....I understand the tourist visa is valid for 10 years and is multiple entry...what i need to know are the following:Embassy hours in CebuCost of Visa?time to procure once application is madeanything else i need to know but was too stupid not to ask...Thanks all
Sorry I can't answer your questions as I am not American but I want to wish you good luck, sincerely. I hope you and your wife both have a wonderful time. My wife would love to do a trip like that, back to Canada for us, but us 'pooreigners' have to watch our centavos.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello 4thDan,I have invited member Ancienrocka (Paul) to this thread. I'm sure he will be more than willing to assist you and your wife. See his link below:Not at this address /Respectfully -- Jake

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Hello 4thDan,I have invited member Ancienrocka (Paul) to this thread. I'm sure he will be more than willing to assist you and your wife. See his link below:Not at this address /Respectfully -- Jake
Thanks Jake, but US visas is a subject I know little about and I refer all my enquiries to a friend who deals with the subject as his business.If the OP wants to PM or email me I will pass on his number.Paul

• 2 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

According to the embassy website NO OFFICE is listed for Cebu.

• K – Fiance(e) or Spouse of U.S. citizen category visa: $350.00
  • Non-petition-based nonimmigrant visa (except E): $140.00
  • http://manila.usembassy.gov

Hope that this helpful.I know of a child (under age 10)who has an valid appointment w/USCIS for citizenship hearing/receive US citzienship but this child cant obtain a B1/B2 travel visa to attend. GOOD LUCK

Edited by ed villas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's one paragraph below that can partially start to answer your questions about visas.I was told by a travel agent that immigrant visas are hard to get, and my wife should go into the United States with only a tourist visa... Unfortunately, there are people who, usually for a tidy sum of money, will offer inaccurate or bad advice. Such advice can waste time and distract one from the necessary paperwork. At worst, it can lead to fraudulent statements that can see one’s new spouse found ineligible for any visa to travel to the United States. It is always the type of travel -- a short visit or a new life living and working in America -- which governs what visa is appropriate. Immigrant visas do require more time and preparation than a simple tourist visa, but in the end will allow an American citizen and his/her spouse to begin their new life in the United States without the worry and hardships that fraud can place on their relationship. If they begin early, and follow the instructions carefully, his/her new spouse can begin life in the United States with legal permanent resident status that will allow him/her to live, work or study as desired. LPR status is also the first step toward naturalization, the process by which a foreign person becomes an American Citizen.However, under the new LIFE Act, there are now some instances where spouses and children are eligible for a special nonimmigrant visa while waiting for their immigrant visa. For information on the new K and V visas, and to find out whether one qualifies for them, please see the Immigrant Visa Section.Other FAQs at this link: http://manila.usemba...v/wwwhniv5.html My only advice, do it on your own if you're confident to do so or hire a good reputable Immigration Attorney, if you can afford it. Link below is one reputable and famous Immigration Attorney. They have an office in Manila.http://www.gurfinkel.com/contact.htm

Edited by Art2ro