Calcium In The Local Water, How Safe Is It?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I just returned to our condo in Cebu City, only to find the shower heads extremely clogged from all the calcium. To me it is strange since they were not clogged before we left, so there must be an awful lot of calcium in the water and I have to wonder how safe it might be even for daily things such as brushing teeth or cooking? 89.gif Anyone else notice this issue or have other issues with the water?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My wife and I just returned to our condo in Cebu City, only to find the shower heads extremely clogged from all the calcium. To me it is strange since they were not clogged before we left, so there must be an awful lot of calcium in the water and I have to wonder how safe it might be even for daily things such as brushing teeth or cooking? 89.gif Anyone else notice this issue or have other issues with the water?
Yes, same problem. I used to have that problem in Canada and fixed it by soaking the shower head in CLR but I cannot find it here.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

We too have calcium in our tap water, but I guess who hasn't? I guess the levels of concentration depends on where one lives. Our shower heads takes years to clog up and I just use a safety pin to clean out the tiny whole in the shower heads. We also always wipe down all of our shower walls and bath room chrome fixtures after each use because if the water isn't wiped up, calcium will build up and leave water marks or stains every where! So, never leave water to dry on it's own on tiles and chrome fixtures! We don't drink from our home tap water, but it's safe for bathing and brushing our teeth with! I believe our home tap water is cleaner than most coming from our water treatment plant and I wouldn't hesitate to drink it if I have to, but only once in a while. Untreated well water, no way! Even while in California on vacation we drink nothing but bottled water or from a water dispensing machine! th_thholysheep.gifWhat's the world coming to in the U.S. when no one even trusts their own home city or suburb tap water to drink? welcome.gifback 551.gifLee and Nila! Check out some of the video clips here on google search especially inventor Dean Kamen:http://www.google.co...fcd4ae4dccf3232

Edited by Fil/AmArt

• 3 months later...
Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
Even while in California on vacation we drink nothing but bottled water or from a water dispensing machine! th_thholysheep.gifWhat's the world coming to in the U.S. when no one even trusts their own home city or suburb tap water to drink?
when I went to the USA recently I did not drink 1 drop from tap water....watch this: