Priest held after airgun goes off

News Reader
Posted
Posted

CEBU CITY, Philippines—A 60-year-old priest was arrested after he allegedly shot with an airgun a criminology student in Danao City.View the full article

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

". . . the parents of 19-year-old Mark Robert Cecilio Ymbong, whom the priest allegedly shot, refused to sign an affidavit as complainants."Does anyone else find it surprising that a 19 year old needs his parent's permission to have someone charged with shooting at them? Of course I would have the same view as his parents. "The priest, however, admitted getting mad at Ymbong for being too noisy as he climbed a tree at the back of the convent where the priest was staying.The noise, Lao was quoted as saying, disrupted the priest’s sleep."It doesn't say it but it sure sounds like the priest was a foreigner. Locals never seem to complain no matter how much noise there is.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
". . . the parents of 19-year-old Mark Robert Cecilio Ymbong, whom the priest allegedly shot, refused to sign an affidavit as complainants."Does anyone else find it surprising that a 19 year old needs his parent's permission to have someone charged with shooting at them? Of course I would have the same view as his parents. "The priest, however, admitted getting mad at Ymbong for being too noisy as he climbed a tree at the back of the convent where the priest was staying.The noise, Lao was quoted as saying, disrupted the priest’s sleep."It doesn't say it but it sure sounds like the priest was a foreigner. Locals never seem to complain no matter how much noise there is.
Like usual there’s probably more to this story. I am surprised the Priest is in jail I always thought they can more or less do what they want.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Like usual there’s probably more to this story. I am surprised the Priest is in jail I always thought they can more or less do what they want.
They do but many years later it comes back to haunt them. yes.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Hey Dave, you called it………. Cha Ch’ing!$!$!$!$!“Dakay said Fr. Lao came from the US and was assigned to parishes in Liloan town then Danao City.”“Ymbong’s mother, Bernardita Ymbong, wanted to settle the case amicably. Bernardita, with her three children, signed an agreement with Fr. Lao in the presence of the latter’s legal counsel. The document stated that the victim, a student at the Colegio de San Antonio de Padua, would not press charges if the priest shoulders his hospital bills and educational expenses.”