Sws: 51% Of Pinoys Prefer Someone Rich But Ugly

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting and very telling, so possibly this explains why many Filipinas seem to be happy with some of us old farts. 89.gif Can you blame them?MANILA, Philippines - "If you were to choose one of the following two persons to be your lifetime partner, who would you pick: A person who is rich but ugly, or a person who is good-looking but poor?"wedding_hands.jpgSuch was the question posed last November 27-30, 2010 by Social Weather Stations in its Fourth Quarter 2010 Social Weather Survey.A total of 1,200 adults nationwide were asked this question via face-to-face interviews, and overall results showed that 51% prefer to have someone rich but ugly, and 46% prefer to be with someone good-looking but poor. Two percent did not give an answer.And, when asked whether they were happy with their love life, majority of Filipinos (55%) said they were not just happy, but were "very happy" with their love life.Thirty-four percent said their love life "could be happier". Eleven percent, meanwhile, admitted to not having any love life.Women value wealth more than looks?The complete story HERE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So the 10% who want rich AND good looking are attracted to the gwapo foreigners?AddEmoticons04230.gifInterestingly, this choice is self defeating. Many girls have told me they 'want ugly because' then other girls won't want him. The problem is that other girls want him because they are all looking for the same thing. I'd rather be loved for being ugly than shunned for being beautiful.

Jake
Posted
Posted
So the 10% who want rich AND good looking are attracted to the gwapo foreigners?AddEmoticons04230.gifInterestingly, this choice is self defeating. Many girls have told me they 'want ugly because' then other girls won't want him. The problem is that other girls want him because they are all looking for the same thing. I'd rather be loved for being ugly than shunned for being beautiful.
I wonder if that survey has a multiple choice answer of:If the foreigner is both ugly and poor -- I would certainly fit that category.Fugly -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifI don't know about you guys, but my wife married me for my good looks and money! And she never had to work all the time we were married up to the time we retired in the Philippines! Now she has an old, unfugly well to do re(tired) honey ko (me)! The unfuglymocking.gif