Norwegian Held

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Now I do not wish to besmirch this young girl reputation in any way, but is that makeup and lipstick I see on her? If so why the heck is a 6 year old wearing those items? Could it be to make her look older? If so then one must ask ones self why? As this story unfolds with a child pimp being one of the witnesses, kind of has to make one think. 89.gif
Don't little girls sometimes play by putting on lipstick and makeup?
The answer is probably yes, but of all the little girls I know, and I know of many in just my wifes family and surrounding families, and the many young ladies that I see walking around the malls here in the Philippines, rarely if ever do I see any wearing makeup unless it is for a show or something along those lines. Heck my wife hardly ever wore makeup before she met me and not too many adults here seem to get all dolled up either. Added, and if she was my little girl then she would not be wearing makeup. Most Filipinas are naturally beautiful and do not need makeup.
I am not sure if she is wearing make up,looks to me like a reflection off the red top she has on,her arms look the same as her face to me. I cant make out any lipstick either.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I read the article, and the first comment I noticed after the article said "remember he is a computer engineer and photograpy artist at that, he knows how to manipulate evidence, especially if he is a criminal minded person"Looks like there are many people who have already convicted the poor bastard and if he gets a chance he needs to get out of the country and don't look back.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I read the article, and the first comment I noticed after the article said "remember he is a computer engineer and photograpy artist at that, he knows how to manipulate evidence, especially if he is a criminal minded person"Looks like there are many people who have already convicted the poor bastard and if he gets a chance he needs to get out of the country and don't look back.
We don’t know all the facts. Unfortunately from what we read in the papers the police don’t have any facts ether and they seem to think the crime is solved. Right or wrong it looks like those two are going down As much as I like the Philippines and enjoy visiting, always in the back of my mind I know there is a very small chance of something very bad occurring to me or my family. Sadly it is the honest reality of the very real dark side over there.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well finally some good news for the couple Report of NBI favors couple, now I just hope they catch the real killers. What I still do not understand is why the police did not follow up these leads before even charging the couple?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Well finally some good news for the couple Report of NBI favors couple, now I just hope they catch the real killers. What I still do not understand is why the police did not follow up these leads before even charging the couple?
To be fair, they were on their way out of the country so I can see why they would want to charge and hold the couple until they could thoroughly investigate. I just think there are nicer ways to do it than leaking their pics and names to the press with a caption "case solved" or something similar.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
To be fair, they were on their way out of the country so I can see why they would want to charge and hold the couple until they could thoroughly investigate. I just think there are nicer ways to do it than leaking their pics and names to the press with a caption "case solved" or something similar.
A normal process is to detain them while they check out their alibi, and especially if the couple is cooperative, as seems the case here. Time wasted on this couple has allowed the trail to go cold on the killers. I just hope they catch the actual killer and I hope it is not a foreigner.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well it seems the couple is not off the hook yet, even with video showing they were in the hotel. All I know is that if they continue to hold this couple with their alibi so strong, then there is no justice at all in this country.Victim’s family satisfied with police inquiry on case Renante said he wasn't convinced by the NBI-7 report that confirmed the alibi of the couple that they remained in Cebu City on Feb. 8.Adelaida Caparida, the victim's 61-year-old grandmother, said they are 100 percent sure that Berger and Esdrelon are responsible for the kidnap-slay of Ellah Joy.“We trust the police who are doing their best to help us. Berger and Esdrelon were identified as the real culprits by children who are trustworthy compared to older persons,” Adelaida said in Cebuano.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

This is scary. I can't get my head around this...If the video evidence is showing them to be in another place from the crime scene...what is the problem?

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

And I will add to above post this encounter...couple of years ago I came into contact with an Aussie guy in Labangon.He didn't live too far from where I was staying at that time. I'd pop over some evenings for a beer with him.He had a wife, to and froed to Oz to do work, 6 months here, 6 months there.He was basically setting up a sari sari store in the squatters area where his wife lived...along with the multitude of family members. He was doing a real good job with the whole thing.Anyway, as said, I'd pop round 2 or 3 times a week for a beer, sit in the square whilst karoake was going on and I'd buy the local kids, about 20 of them a bag of nuts or something from his shop...that's every visit. 1 peso a pack so not a wallet breaking venture...just a gesture. The kids loved it..as they do and would be friendly, happy which was great.Anyway, one night on leaving I said my farewells, as usual, and picked up a kid and gave her a peck on the cheek...5, 6, 7 yrs old...don't really know...doesn't matter cos some kids are more friendly and outgoing than others.Bugger me... one of my mates' relatives...some sister or cousin of his wife, about 17 yrs old herself, commented..."I can have you reported for child abuse, you kissed that girl."Immediately I thought...you sick bitch, but just proceeded home but it stuck in my mind.Now, after coming across this Norwegian's situation it makes you wonder.There's a lot of spite in the mentality...even here in Oz I have witnessed backstabbing, jealousy, dobbing in of each other...and they are supposed to be fellow country folk, looking out for each other in a foreign land!Well that's how I would behave to my fellow compatriots in another country.Just be careful...my naivety is long gone and the looking over shoulder for such miserable wretches prevalent. Shame really cos I won't be too forward in spending 20 pesos an evening to see some kids happy and smiling and then possibly be accused of being a molester...

Edited by roy2cebu