Norwegian Held

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Berger, Esdrelon fate known today I sure hope so since this has gone on way too long already. Why the heck can't the family understand facts and not smells. sad.gif A person cannot fake a videotape showing them somewhere else at the time of the crime, and a person cannot get a bunch of witnesses to swear that they were at their school prior to the crime, so far it seems all they have to go on is kids as eyewitnesses and the father sniffing them and saying yes that is them. ohmy.gifCEBU, Philippines - Lawyer Salvador Solima is optimistic that his clients Norwegian engineer Sven Erik Berger and Cebuana nurse Karen Esdrelon will be freed from detention later today as the Cebu Provincial Prosecutor’s Office is expected to resolve the criminal complaints for kidnapping with homicide.Berger and Esdrelon have been detained at the Cebu Provincial Police Office since February 12 following their arrest at the Mactan Cebu International Airport for the kidnapping and murder of six-year-old Ellah Joy Pique.Solima said he is confident that the couple will be exonerated from the charges because they are innocent. In fact, the National Bureau of Investigation, the country’s premier investigating agency, have found evidence validating their claims of their whereabouts during the time Pique was snatched by a female and a Caucasian companion on board a black Sports Utility Vehicle outside the Calajoan Elementary School in Minglanilla last February 8 in the afternoon.According to Solima, he expects a resolution dismissing the complaints today.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
MCase vs Norwegian, fiancée dismissedThe article says they are still not free. :SugarwareZ-034: :23_11_62[1]: Man if I were that poor guy I would be on the next flight out of the country regardless of the destination. It seems he has a good attitude and his Fiancée a steady supportive woman.This kinda stuff is a real wake up call it could happen to any of us.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
MCase vs Norwegian, fiancée dismissedThe article says they are still not free. :SugarwareZ-034: :23_11_62[1]: Man if I were that poor guy I would be on the next flight out of the country regardless of the destination. It seems he has a good attitude and his Fiancée a steady supportive woman.This kinda stuff is a real wake up call it could happen to any of us.
AddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gif Now I hope they release them soon, and no one does them harm, and most important of all, I hope they catch the real perpetrators

softail
Posted
Posted

CEBU CITY (2nd Update, 5:13 p.m.) -- The Norwegian national and his fiancée who were accused in the kidnapping and killing of a six-year-old girl in Cebu walked out of prison Monday afternoon.It looks like they finally have there freedom. http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/norwegian-fiancee-released-jailDoug and Sally

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
CEBU CITY (2nd Update, 5:13 p.m.) -- The Norwegian national and his fiancée who were accused in the kidnapping and killing of a six-year-old girl in Cebu walked out of prison Monday afternoon.It looks like they finally have there freedom. http://www.sunstar.c...e-released-jailDoug and Sally
freeman1hires.jpg Edited by Old55

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am not sure I could be so forgiving, could you? Basically by not taking them to court, they are not holding those who did wrong accountable to do a better job the next time, so that they would be sure to follow up leads and catch the real killers. This has given the Philippines a real black eye IMHO. Berger, Esdrelon to forgive, forget: Couple won't sue CPPO over arrest The officials of the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) responsible for the arrest of a Norwegian and his Filipina girlfriend in relation to the death of a six-year-old girl can heave a sigh of relief as the erstwhile suspects would not pursue charges against them.Despite the shame brought upon them because of the arrest, Norwegian Sven Erik Berger and Filipina nurse Karen Esdrelon, said they will not anymore file charges against those who had them arrested for the kidnap-slay of Ellah Joy Pique.The couple has been released after the provincial prosecutor’s office found no ground to charge them.The couple said that they want to “bury and forget everything.”Lawyer Salvador Solima, counsel of the couple, told The Freeman yesterday that although his clients suffered emotionally and psychologically because of their arrest, the two are currently enjoying their freedom after they were detained for 16 days at the CPPO detention cell.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

They screwed up and should be accountable! I would try to get every nickel and dime I could get for mental anguish and lost of income due to the ordeal! How often can one turn the table around where one is on the giving side instead of the one getting it, screwed over that is by the Justice Department of the Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I am not sure I could be so forgiving, could you? Basically by not taking them to court, they are not holding those who did wrong accountable to do a better job the next time, so that they would be sure to follow up leads and catch the real killers. This has given the Philippines a real black eye IMHO.Berger, Esdrelon to forgive, forget: Couple won't sue CPPO over arrest The officials of the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) responsible for the arrest of a Norwegian and his Filipina girlfriend in relation to the death of a six-year-old girl can heave a sigh of relief as the erstwhile suspects would not pursue charges against them.Despite the shame brought upon them because of the arrest, Norwegian Sven Erik Berger and Filipina nurse Karen Esdrelon, said they will not anymore file charges against those who had them arrested for the kidnap-slay of Ellah Joy Pique.The couple has been released after the provincial prosecutor’s office found no ground to charge them.The couple said that they want to “bury and forget everything.”Lawyer Salvador Solima, counsel of the couple, told The Freeman yesterday that although his clients suffered emotionally and psychologically because of their arrest, the two are currently enjoying their freedom after they were detained for 16 days at the CPPO detention cell.
Art & Lee, keep in mind all this went down in da Philippines and Miss. Esdrelon’s family would be at risk for retribution if “someone” important were to lose face. :emostrongbow:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am not sure I could be so forgiving, could you? Basically by not taking them to court, they are not holding those who did wrong accountable to do a better job the next time, so that they would be sure to follow up leads and catch the real killers. This has given the Philippines a real black eye IMHO.Berger, Esdrelon to forgive, forget: Couple won't sue CPPO over arrest The officials of the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) responsible for the arrest of a Norwegian and his Filipina girlfriend in relation to the death of a six-year-old girl can heave a sigh of relief as the erstwhile suspects would not pursue charges against them.Despite the shame brought upon them because of the arrest, Norwegian Sven Erik Berger and Filipina nurse Karen Esdrelon, said they will not anymore file charges against those who had them arrested for the kidnap-slay of Ellah Joy Pique.The couple has been released after the provincial prosecutor’s office found no ground to charge them.The couple said that they want to “bury and forget everything.”Lawyer Salvador Solima, counsel of the couple, told The Freeman yesterday that although his clients suffered emotionally and psychologically because of their arrest, the two are currently enjoying their freedom after they were detained for 16 days at the CPPO detention cell.
Art & Lee, keep in mind all this went down in da Philippines and Miss. Esdrelon’s family would be at risk for retribution if “someone” important were to lose face. :emostrongbow:
Well I would sue anyway and tell the family that all proceeds above the cost of the lawyer would go to the family in the form of an immediate annuity, so they would get a monthly income for life. That would not make up for the loss of their child but it would help them and make it where the police and municipality might wish to settle quickly.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Well I would sue anyway and tell the family that all proceeds above the cost of the lawyer would go to the family in the form of an immediate annuity, so they would get a monthly income for life. That would not make up for the loss of their child but it would help them and make it where the police and municipality might wish to settle quickly.
I see where you’re coming from Lee, not to be negative but I am doubtful. Risk-benefit analysis… would you ever seen any cash? And if so, how many years and how much effort would be required? What risk? I think it unwise to take on the powers to be especially as a Foreigner with vulnerable family living there. Finding fairness and justice in Philippines is daunting.:cool_beans: