S & R Warehouse, Anyone Tried It?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I looked it up online HERE and I see they charge p700 for a Gold membership, so is it worth it? Would we save enough in the 4 months we are here to pay for the card? Do they allow free first time visits, so I can look the place over, or do you have to be a member to even get in?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

We have an S & R in Alabang, but we only go with our good friends and neighbor twice a month and buy good cuts of meats when available and afterwards we have lunch at Alabang Town Center (ATC) like at T.G.I.F., Tony Roma's or The Outback, my treat! Anything else, one can usually buy anywhere!

• 5 months later...
HAPPY
Posted
Posted

YES, someone will show you around but you cannot buy until you join. Prices are not cheap, but you can find things that you cannot find anywhere else. I hope this info helps you.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

the service under "S&R" compared Pricesmart which was the old store until the "local" management took over then sold it to the "puregold" group. IS very poor.compared to previous management. Example, the senior employees who could go out of there way to help/assist you ,No longer have the ability or capability to do this, some even no longer "understand"english as they had before, 700 php for membership in many ways IS WELL WORTH , they dont have "exclusive" items as they did in the past but the selection of GOODS from back home all in 1 place is convenient. you may save some on large appliances & its not as "shark infested" as SM or other stores. what i mean by "shark infested" is their is not alot of "sales clerks" to distract or hassle you, as stated in other topic, the PIZZA is Very good,worth the visit , they did allow a 1 time shopping "visit" but this was discontinued by the Philipino /puregold management.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Is the P700 fee one time or per year?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Is the P700 fee one time or per year?
It is a once a year fee.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

We only go to S & R in Alabang with friends of ours who are members about twice a month, because we only buy imported cuts of meats now and then, when we can't find good quality beef in the local markets near us! All of the other stuff they sell in S & R at Alabang doesn't really empress me, because I find better stuff at SM mall and Abensons near us! S & R here is no where near what Costco is in the U.S. which has alot more selections and lower prices!

United Army
Posted
Posted

Anyone been to S/R in Cebu? If so what did you think of it?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Anyone been to S/R in Cebu? If so what did you think of it?
My wife and I have been there a few times, so while I can say they do have lots of choices, and much more than in the supermarkets, many items seemed very overpriced to us, but they did have some fair prices on meats, cheeses, cakes, cooked chickens and soda by the case, and their ready to eat pizza is just like Costco here in the US, so I give that a big thumbs up and will probably join when we get back even though we would only use them 4 months a year.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
cra
Posted
Posted

I joined back when they first opened. Every trip to Cebu I wold go and I would leave empty handed each time. I found it to be a complete waste of time. You would think they would employ marketing and management methods found in Costco, Sam's Club etc. but unfortunately they are following the Philippine marketing tradition of "Peter Principle"