Man Invents Machine To Convert Plastic Into Oil

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Maybe this can help the Philippines and the rest of the world too.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the Japanese guy's invention is great, but how much does one unit cost? Just think how much plastic it would take to make a liter of oil or fuel from trash madeup of plastic? I believe this process is nothing new and is already being done in a large scale somewhere?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yeah, the Japanese guy's invention is great, but how much does one unit cost? Just think how much plastic it would take to make a liter of oil or fuel from trash madeup of plastic? I believe this process is nothing new and is already being done in a large scale somewhere?
I searched to find out that you are correct. It is being done large scale in the UShttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNcht2x4m8g?version=3 Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I searched to find out that you are correct. It is being done large scale in the UShttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNcht2x4m8g?version=3
Dave, good find! Looks pretty recent! What's the waste by product besides oil when they said 80% can be converted into oil from all sorts of plastics? Where did the other 20% go after the process? What about stock piles of old rubber tires? Something had to be burned off and go somewhere like into the atmosphere! Green Peace says it's not renewable energy and has the same questions about the conversion process!