Brgy Execs: Temporary Ids, Registration For Foreigners

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It appears that because of the killing of that little girl, that they may tighten up on all of us foreigners. I am sure that they will make this as much red tape as possible and of course at a fee, so the end result will probably be less foreigners visiting. I have no problem registering, as long as they make it easy to do and at a low cost, what do you think about all this? A temporary identification card and registration of foreign nationals, more checkpoints and strict implementation of curfews in the barangays in Cebu City are among the proposals of barangay officials to prevent human trafficking in the city.The proposals were made during a seminar orientation of barangay officials in Cebu City amid the kidnapping and killing of six-year-old Ellah Joy Pique from Minglanilla town southern Cebu.Punta Princesa Councilor Caroline Grace Baquero said that human trafficking is a global issue and everyone should act on it.“Most of the time innocent children are being held as victims is this inhuman violation,” she said during the seminar organized by the Cebu City Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking The complete story HERE

Jake
Posted
Posted
It appears that because of the killing of that little girl, that they may tighten up on all of us foreigners. I am sure that they will make this as much red tape as possible and of course at a fee, so the end result will probably be less foreigners visiting. I have no problem registering, as long as they make it easy to do and at a low cost, what do you think about all this? A temporary identification card and registration of foreign nationals, more checkpoints and strict implementation of curfews in the barangays in Cebu City are among the proposals of barangay officials to prevent human trafficking in the city.The proposals were made during a seminar orientation of barangay officials in Cebu City amid the kidnapping and killing of six-year-old Ellah Joy Pique from Minglanilla town southern Cebu.Punta Princesa Councilor Caroline Grace Baquero said that human trafficking is a global issue and everyone should act on it.“Most of the time innocent children are being held as victims is this inhuman violation,” she said during the seminar organized by the Cebu City Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking The complete story HERE
I believe under the current regulations, everyone is supposed to obtain a residence certificate from the baranguy office anyway.Too bad, this new proposal is based on illegal detainment and false accusation of the foreigner and his wife. Respectfully -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I believe under the current regulations, everyone is supposed to obtain a residence certificate from the baranguy office anyway.Too bad, this new proposal is based on illegal detainment and false accusation of the foreigner and his wife. Respectfully -- Jake
If that is true then I have never heard of it and my guess is that a lot of foreigners may also not know of that regulation. I know my wife and I had to register with the barangay when we bought our condo but if you could supply a link to said regulation then I am sure it would be helpful to many of us. I for one do not wish to violate any laws/regulations of any country.

Jake
Posted
Posted
If that is true then I have never heard of it and my guess is that a lot of foreigners may also not know of that regulation. I know my wife and I had to register with the barangay when we bought our condo but if you could supply a link to said regulation then I am sure it would be helpful to many of us. I for one do not wish to violate any laws/regulations of any country.
Hello Lee,I'm still researching for the residence certificate regulations. Although, I have never applied for one in the past,isn't there a requirement to provide your residence certificate for new ACR application?Respectfully -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hello Lee,I'm still researching for the residence certificate regulations. Although, I have never applied for one in the past,isn't there a requirement to provide your residence certificate for new ACR application?Respectfully -- Jake
I do not know because a lot of people such as myself do not need an acr card because we come on BB stamps in our passports, so when you stated everyone, I wanted to make sure we have not been breaking the rules. I also think short term tourists do not need an acr, but it might be a good idea for everyone to have to get one if they stay prolonged periods in the country.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I read the story and all I can say is hogwash. Just blame the foreigner for their own problems. I bet 95% of trafficking as they like to call it is done by the locals but they wont admit that.Anti foreigners is what I see almost every time I read some crap from the Philippines these days.The big word RESCUED is just another ploy,most of those who are rescued dont want to be because they are working not being held against their will or being forced into something.If the Philippines keeps up this anti foreigner thing I wouldn't mind betting that soon they will be begging for foreigners to come back when some one with half a brain figures out the country will always be a third world country if it discriminates against foreigners and no one comes there anymore to spend money. It sure does seem like we are not welcome there.The Philippines needs to get their head out of the sand and look at other developing nations which are leaving them for dead.grrrrrrrrr

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

From what I understand what Cebu is proposing is something new and is not the same thing as the resident certificate for permanent residents living in the Philippines by the local Filipinos aka SEDULA which is a requirement plus an NBI clearance in order for Filipinos to register to vote in their local elections! They give the SEDULAs away like toilet paper for a few pesos at city hall as ass wipe, but for the locals only. I had one before long ago, but never got another one ever since then, cause you see I look like a Filipino and I am! Just have to wait what the Philippine Government will implement later via Immigrations! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Maybe they will sell us a T Shirt that we have to wear that says "Caution! I am a foreigner, therefore I may engage in illegal acts such as human trafficking. Please keep an eye on me!"23_11_62[1].gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Maybe they will sell us a T Shirt that we have to wear that says "Caution! I am a foreigner, therefore I may engage in illegal acts such as human trafficking. Please keep an eye on me!"23_11_62[1].gif
I have to wonder how any of us could really get away with much since we are always in the public eye, just because most of us stand out anywhere we go. I hope the govt wakes up before it is too late for their country. If all of us picked up and left and stop sending support to our extended families, then where would the Philippines be then. You do not punish all for the actions of one, you punish that one and make an example of them.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sometimes I think we wear a (invisible to us) T Shirt with a bulls eye on the back of it.I've not made up my mind about this yet so far I'm not sure I would be willing to register. Edited by Old55