Brgy Execs: Temporary Ids, Registration For Foreigners

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thholysheep.gifAnother form of an I.D. and registration system for foreigners is overkill! Passports already have the electronic chips for all the data for identification purposes encoded in them. What about the ACR I-Cards? Balikbayans and 21 day to 59 day tourists aren't issued ACR I-Cards until after the 59th day and Balikbayans, 59 days after their BB stamp has expired and they are on their first 2 month tourist visa extension. BTW, we just returned here just this past November on a BB stamp and my wife as a Dual Citizen and we still have our ACR I-Cards from our last visa extension. But I do plan to get my Dual Citizenship eventually and avoid all these immigration hassles! No problem with 13a and 13g permanent resident visa holders, they already have ACR I-Cards and renewable after 5 yrs I believe it is! Immigrations should just issue ACR I-Cards to all foreigners from the 1st day they enter the Philippines and that's the end of it concerning identification registration or any other form of an additional I.D. system! I rest my case! Edited by Fil/AmArt

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifAnother form of an I.D. and registration system for foreigners is overkill! Passports already have the electronic chips for all the data for identification purposes encoded in them. What about the ACR I-Cards? Balikbayans and 21 day to 59 day tourists aren't issued ACR I-Cards until after the 59th day and Balikbayans, 59 days after their BB stamp has expired and they are on their first 2 month tourist visa extension. No problem with 13a and 13g permanent resident visa holders, they already have ACR I-Cards and renewable after 5 yrs I believe it is! Immigrations should just issue ACR I-Cards to all foreigners from the 1st day they enter the Philippines and that's the end of it concerning identification registration or any other form of an additional I.D. system! I rest my case!
I’m with you a passport is enough. More than likely this new requirement will never come to be due to cost and hassle for the local Filipino authorities unless they can find a way to make Peso’s off it from us. It could be someone smells money to be had from those Action Groups outside Philippines pushing that agenda not to say some of what they do is not needed and good.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I believe under the current regulations, everyone is supposed to obtain a residence certificate from the baranguy office anyway.Too bad, this new proposal is based on illegal detainment and false accusation of the foreigner and his wife. Respectfully -- Jake
If that is true then I have never heard of it and my guess is that a lot of foreigners may also not know of that regulation. I know my wife and I had to register with the barangay when we bought our condo but if you could supply a link to said regulation then I am sure it would be helpful to many of us. I for one do not wish to violate any laws/regulations of any country.
Hello Lee,I'm still researching for the residence certificate regulations. Although, I have never applied for one in the past,isn't there a requirement to provide your residence certificate for new ACR application?Respectfully -- Jake
I do not know because a lot of people such as myself do not need an acr card because we come on BB stamps in our passports, so when you stated everyone, I wanted to make sure we have not been breaking the rules. I also think short term tourists do not need an acr, but it might be a good idea for everyone to have to get one if they stay prolonged periods in the country.
OK, I believe I have "mis-stated" as what Hillary Clinton did. Getting a certificate of residence does not apply to "everyone".If you use the Philippine postal system, then getting registered at your local barangay should facilitate correct delivery ofyour mail. Additionally, I thought all along when you apply for ACR-I, don't you need to provide a document (certificate ofresidency) to fill out your ACR-I application? Or do you just fill your current address without showing proof?Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I believe under the current regulations, everyone is supposed to obtain a residence certificate from the baranguy office anyway.Too bad, this new proposal is based on illegal detainment and false accusation of the foreigner and his wife. Respectfully -- Jake
If that is true then I have never heard of it and my guess is that a lot of foreigners may also not know of that regulation. I know my wife and I had to register with the barangay when we bought our condo but if you could supply a link to said regulation then I am sure it would be helpful to many of us. I for one do not wish to violate any laws/regulations of any country.
Hello Lee,I'm still researching for the residence certificate regulations. Although, I have never applied for one in the past,isn't there a requirement to provide your residence certificate for new ACR application?Respectfully -- Jake
I do not know because a lot of people such as myself do not need an acr card because we come on BB stamps in our passports, so when you stated everyone, I wanted to make sure we have not been breaking the rules. I also think short term tourists do not need an acr, but it might be a good idea for everyone to have to get one if they stay prolonged periods in the country.
OK, I believe I have "mis-stated" as what Hillary Clinton did. Getting a certificate of residence does not apply to "everyone".If you use the Philippine postal system, then getting registered at your local barangay should facilitate correct delivery ofyour mail. Additionally, I thought all along when you apply for ACR-I, don't you need to provide a document (certificate ofresidency) to fill out your ACR-I application? Or do you just fill your current address without showing proof?Respectfully -- Jake
Jake, I'm too lazy to do any research, but as for ACR I-Cards goes, just your passport is required and nothing else, because the resident certificate aka SEDULA pertains to Filipinos only and not foreigners! That's why I made a comment in my previous post, that immigrations should just issue ACR I-Cards to all foreigners upon arrival to the Philippines to avoid creating an additional I.D. or registration system! Anyone would think that passports would suffice as an identification because most of the new passports being issued has the (IC) integrated chip embedded in the passport for all the identification data to be encoded into the chip! It's just overkill to create another I.D. & registration system for all foreigners! The ACR I-Card should have never been created to begin with! When will Philippines Immigrations stop gouging foreigners who just want to visit or reside here? Everyone knows all too well how the Philippine government find ways to generate revenue by way of immigration overkill and a red tape government bureaucracy! If they keep this up, eventually visitors and retirees will go elsewhere to vacation or retire and it's getting to that point now due to the global recession and people are considering other options than to visit or retire in the Philippines! Edited by Fil/AmArt