Jeepney Driver

brock
Posted
Posted

Something you might like to watch....part 1 of 6http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMm85CKWJk

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Something you might like to watch....part 1 of 6http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VNMm85CKWJk
WOW! Tha nks for the youtube link that was very interesting Brock.I was able to watch part one will view more when I get off work.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thank you Brock for that reality check. If you drive anywhere in the Philippines, one needs to completely change your driving mentality. Using the horn constantly, acquiring bigger gonads than the other driver and expect the unexpected. Believe me, it's pure road anarchy. If you try to maintain your western thinking, you will be frustratedin the first 5 seconds. As they say, you need to go with the flow......Respectfully -- Jake

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

WOW is all i can say !!! i watched all parts of it and its a very touching story with some funny moments especially when that guy from london actually drove and took fares hahaha , EVEN I got a new perspective on jeepney drivers and what they have to go threw everyday , i guess that saying is true " you learn something new everyday " OldUgly&Cranky

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
WOW is all i can say !!! i watched all parts of it and its a very touching story with some funny moments especially when that guy from london actually drove and took fares hahaha , EVEN I got a new perspective on jeepney drivers and what they have to go threw everyday , i guess that saying is true " you learn something new everyday " OldUgly&Cranky
Ditto! I remember my first week of driving in Cebu. Because I spent my life as a career bus driver in the west, one of the local expats thought I should fill in for his V Hire driver on a couple of occasions. Harrowing to say the least, so I could identify with the guy from London.I didn't like the propaganda that made everyone in the Philippines look like poor, hard done by, squatters. As they said, that is about 1/3 of the pop but the video made it appear that everyone in the Philippines is like that. Would have been more fair to show how the other 2/3 live as well. Perhaps even explain why the rich people in the Philippines do not do more to help the poor of their own country?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ditto! I remember my first week of driving in Cebu. Because I spent my life as a career bus driver in the west, one of the local expats thought I should fill in for his V Hire driver on a couple of occasions. Harrowing to say the least, so I could identify with the guy from London.I didn't like the propaganda that made everyone in the Philippines look like poor, hard done by, squatters. As they said, that is about 1/3 of the pop but the video made it appear that everyone in the Philippines is like that. Would have been more fair to show how the other 2/3 live as well. Perhaps even explain why the rich people in the Philippines do not do more to help the poor of their own country?
There are approximately 36 million Filipinos living below and just on the poverty level out of a total population of 95 million people living in the Philippines! So, 1/3 of the poor people is right about on, what YouTube depicts in their video clip, because everyone else knows how the other 3/3 of the population lives in this country. What can anyone do with a population explosion like that? The government and private sectors do what they can, but it's still not enough and the annual calamities of devastation from mother nature makes it even worst for the poor every year! That's just the facts of life here in the Philippines! Edited by Art2ro

softail
Posted
Posted

My wife and I watched all the segments last night. We thought it was really well done. I think it would be a great watch for someone contemplating a trip to the RP. We laughed in some parts, cried in others, anyway thanks for bringing this to our attention.Doug and Sally

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I made it easier for others to watch all 6 parts by putting them all here. Thanks Brock for posting it, neat. :th_thholysheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMm85CKWJkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a56fmu5RNpo