Sleep Stories?

sleepy123
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heya, Just wondering if anyone has any interesting or unusual tips for getting their babies off to sleep? Singing, dancing, switching the hoover on?? Any cultural differences I should be aware of? Whatever works/worked for you would appreciated.Thanks,KieranEdited: Corrected formatting

Edited by MikeB

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

For Starters,  :SugarwareZ-034:As to your question, when my daughter was a baby putting her in one of those wind up baby swings would always put her right to sleep.  If we were going to be out of town for a few days the swing came with us.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

DRIVE!I know fuel is more expensive now, but when one of our babies would cry for long periods, we would take them for a drive. It would take less than 4 minutes and they would be sound asleep! Upon returning home, they would be left in the car seat and parked under a shade tree in the yard with the radio playing soft. Worked almost every time. Of course all the basics need to be serviced first. Food, drink, and diaper. intrepid

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

In the provinces, the mothers often hang a sheet from a strong tree or bush branch and put the baby in the sheet and allow the wind and spring action of the branch to rock the baby, seems to work like a charm.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Heya, Just wondering if anyone has any interesting or unusual tips for getting their babies off to sleep? Singing, dancing, switching the hoover on?? Any cultural differences I should be aware of? Whatever works/worked for you would appreciated.Thanks,KieranEdited: Corrected formatting
emostrongbow.gif puts them to sleep fast. My question is why do you want to know?Dont worry I have my suspicions as to why,google is our friend.buttkick.gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I usually just google some loud rock song with lyrics on youtube and sing away. They'll be sleeping by the second song.... no longer than third.