A Sad Day In Cebu, Badgers Appears To Be Closing

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

While I did not enjoy that place too much because of all the smoke, it was a great sports bar and it will be sad to see it go.The whole write up HERE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There have been rumors for a while that the owners wanted out but now I see why they could not sell the business as a going concern. Its a shame when landlords can hold up the business owners for ransom like that. You can bet the lease would have been renewed if enough money was paid.Oh well, This is Philippines.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
There have been rumors for a while that the owners wanted out but now I see why they could not sell the business as a going concern. Its a shame when landlords can hold up the business owners for ransom like that. You can bet the lease would have been renewed if enough money was paid.Oh well, This is Philippines.
In my opinion if it was making money then it could re locate rather than sell the assets,therefor maybe more to the story than one sees.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

The other problem is the amount of competition that has opened up in the last 18 months in Cebu as well as a lot of the tourist trade amongst the "western foreigners" seems to have dropped with the recessions going on.