Not Using This Forum

No name
Posted
Posted
Opps, I just changed my site. And I never added the links back. LOL Guess I will go do that now. :th_thholysheep:
Its all about helping each other Rusty.Matt has no right to post misleading information which was 12 months old and incorrect,I feel it was a low act of what he posted no matter what else pissed him off.
Well, I did still have that article up that I wrote for the site. Its fixed now.You sold a book recently. :) Thanks!

Inspector
Posted
Posted

How can you not use a forum, if you're well, not using a forum? :unsure:Well, I guess if you're using a forum....:lol:Tom might not get my sense of humor, and I don't get his....but I get him here. :yes:I don't write on or run sport sites to make money, but for those who do run sites as money makers....totally understand the ethics involved. Boring UK dude...you fail, and Tom wins.SHEEN-WINNING-CHICKS-450x252.jpg

Gerald
Posted
Posted

Interesting post! Thanks guys for adding your comments. Sometimes a post can be completely misunderstood if more facts aren't give to make it clear what happen.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

My question is, "Why not this forum"? It's one of the better ones amongst all the others that are out there! All of the other forums I've seen and read are disrespectful, indiscreet, rude, crude, mean, sarcastic, imposing their will and POVs onto other members! That's why I personally don't participate on those kind of forums! And if Boss Man's forum ever turns into one of those kind of forums, I'm out of here indefinitely! I'll just be one of those joining thousands from the "silent majority" as a "lurker" again just on the outside looking in just accessing useful information for my own personal use and not sharing what I know! I came from both sides of the tracks from the Philippines and the U.S., which makes me a Filipino/American where my inputs should mean something or be useful on this forum, because most of the forum's topics on-line are all about the Philippine culture and lifestyle, most foreigners want to know about! So, I'll be around a little bit longer as long Boss Man's forum stays the way it is and continues to weed out the trouble makers!

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

No name
Posted
Posted

Hey Art2ro,The other day I stumbled onto what was once a very popular forum. I was searching for human trafficking information. Two guys with over 6000 post on that forum (between the two of them) were wondering why human trafficking applied to a case where there was no transportation of the girls. LOL No one had explained why it applied. Maybe they did later but it isn't a forum I enjoy visiting so I didn't bother to check back.So while this is not the biggest it is a good one. With the recent changes made around here, it has potential to grow now. The newer better domain name should help. I think it has, I see the site come up in searches sometimes now.These things take time.Personally, I wish they'd let people duke it out a little more but hey, it is their site. And the verbal combat can get out of hand. But it can be good for traffic. But in those kinds of battles the language often gets out of line.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

If any one wants to duke it out, join another forum besides this one! Battles or heated confrontations on forums are non-constructive most of the time, but at times I notice that Boss Man allows such things to go on until it gets out of hand which has happened here numerous times, but usually the topic either gets deleted, modified or locked in it's tracks! So, what's your flavor? Are you a trouble maker or a kind and thoughtful individual that shares one's good or bad experiences in life that may well help others in their future endeavors when they come for a vacation or to retire in the Philippines?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
So while this is not the biggest it is a good one. With the recent changes made around here, it has potential to grow now. The newer better domain name should help. I think it has, I see the site come up in searches sometimes now. These things take time. Personally, I wish they'd let people duke it out a little more but hey, it is their site. And the verbal combat can get out of hand. But it can be good for traffic. But in those kinds of battles the language often gets out of line.
Not sure what recent changes you are talking about? its been called what it is now for a very long time.It depends on what search term you use to search but most of the time we are on the first or second page in Philippines related things and then theres about 6 others sites I have up which point people here which come up on most first and second pages of google. As for duking it out, it does not work on a small forum,good for traffic in the short term but then the members leave so then theres no posts.We dont want to be a big forum with all the riff raff arguing and carrying on everyday. There is a new forum for those who want to duke it out, http://rantersforum.com/ Edited by Kuya Lee
change link to a valid link

No name
Posted
Posted

Yeah the changes were a while back. Things take time.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted (edited)
Its a little odd for me as I was a strong supporter of this forum when it first started purely because it was looking to move away from the heavily moderated other forums out there in fact if I remember right this is why it was formed???But as I found out this is probably worse than others I have been on as like today I popped back for the first time in a while to find my Avatar removed, Signature and the little ad they put with their friends on the list.. Now before you think I am petty I am not its purely annoying as they kept my photos and comments as these benefit themselves. A while back there was a dispute between the Admin and someone else at which point I was dragged into the conversation even though my only connection was knowing the 2 people involved. It involved a discussion they had over a bikini bar on this forum as the admin complained about how unethical it was etc. yet the guy he was arguing with had seen him in the bar himself and not for the first time. The admin here got the total wrong end of the stick as I wasn't actually getting into the conversation as these things generally flair up due to the two sides of the story always being complete opposites. Which is why I assume he is still chewing a wasp somewhere..Anyway the point being I would like everything I ever posted here removed as it seems everything else you were already happy to remove purely because I want no association with this forum as an Admin who lies about his sex habits must have other members on here in a similar situation and I want no connection with them. Disappointing the forum has gone this way and probably why its lagging behind everyone else. Buddy club?? who knows.. but one thing is for sure this is the last time I will be on here.
I guess that means you won't be coming to the get together on 18th.!I will never forget the help that Tom and the owner of the other forum gave me when I decided to set up a business here in Cebu; when i first started up, 80-90% of my business came from members of the 2 forums and without that kick start I would never have got off the ground. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to those who helped me in the early, "shaky' days and will do all I can to try to repay them.Most of my business now comes from my web site and I meet on average 8-10 new clients week and give each one a business card. Without fail I always write the links to the forums of the 2 people who got me started on the back.If I ever have am issue with either of you I will handle it the Aussie way - face to face or at the very east by PM. You our our full support for a great forum. Thanks Tom and Lee - we love your forum and will continue to support its growth forever!!Paul and Elsa Edited by ancienrocka

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I guess that means you won't be coming to the get together on 18th.!I will never forget the help that Tom and the owner of the other forum gave me when I decided to set up a business here in Cebu; when i first started up, 80-90% of my business came from members of the 2 forums and without that kick start I would never have got off the ground. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to those who helped me in the early, "shaky' days and will do all I can to try to repay them.Most of my business now comes from my web site and I meet on average 8-10 new clients week and give each one a business card. Without fail I always write the links to the forums of the 2 people who got me started on the back.If I ever have am issue with either of you I will handle it the Aussie way - face to face or at the very east by PM. You our our full support for a great forum. Thanks Tom and Lee - we love your forum and will continue to support its growth forever!!Paul and Elsa
Thank you Paul and Elsa for the kind words. It is good to know that someone appreciates the help we try to give to them. All too often people are too critical of the things others try to do for them, or do not appreciate what we try to do, and all the time and effort it takes to run one of these forums, or they never take the time to say thank you, and those two little words let us know that all the effort and time we put into this forum, which sole purpose if helping people, has been appreciated by some. I find it very discouraging when a person such as Matt keeps putting forums down, yet mines them for information for his blog and learns from them, yet refuses to give back and then has the nerve to make posts such as Dropping Off Forums and then on top of that the one above. I lost all respect for Matt after the above post and if it were not for people such as yourself and many of the others on this forum, then I would just pack it in and say the hell with everyone. So to all who appreciate what we at least try to do, but obviously sometimes fail according to some members, thank you for being a part of this forum, and to people like the op, all I can say is that he really needs to get a life and stop telling others how to live theirs and stop making posts on his blog how bad forums are, because that is just his opinion and obviously an opinion of a very unhappy, bitter and selfish man.