Smart Offers Cheapest Prepaid Phone Kit At P499

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting, a very cheap way to get a phone and sim. I see phones in all the stores new for p999 but this offer tops even that. Seems like a good deal but what is the difference between talk and text and what I think I have, an old Smart Gold sim? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to the new sim?Smart Communications has introduced the country’s cheapest prepaid phone kit under the Talk ‘N Text brand in a bid to gain more ground in the lower D and E income market.With the Talk ‘N Text Panalo phone, the kit includes a brand-new handset with a built-in Talk ‘N Text SIM and preloaded with free SMS for only P499.The Talk ‘N Text Panalo phone, which will be initially manufactured by Cherry Mobile and ZTE, is designed to work exclusively with the Talk ‘N Text Panalo phone SIM. The phone will be out in the market beginning March 21.“This innovative product allows us to offer real value to this fresh market of unserved, potential mobile subscribers,” Smart wireless consumer division head Danilo Mojica said.According to him, there are more than 11 million Filipinos who still do not have or cannot afford a mobile phone. Of this, only 12 to 16 percent are in Luzon and the rest are in Visayas and Mindanao.“This is key to our overall strategy of slicing and dicing the market and making sure we have a unique and relevant product to offer to this particular segment. With this new product, we will be able to cover all segments of the market,” he said.Mojica said Smart will deploy over 250,000 phone kits this year through Smart and Talk ‘N Text sales agents and provincial distributors.The complete article HERE