Humor On The Tarmac (Flight Line)

Jake
Posted
Posted
I dont know about you flyboys :SugarwareZ-034: but for me, an m1a2 ABRAMS IS THE ONLY WAY TO FLY. as i blast my way in and jitterbug my way out,nothing but raw fun compliments of the US.ARMY :36_6_3[1]: not to mention the ever so awsom 50cal. topside. and all without leaving the ground................tanks fur sure.....ej.:23_11_60[2]:
Hey EJ, I salute you too! I didn't realize you were part of the "whispering death" crew. I have to do a bonercheck every time I see an Abrams. An awesome killing machine!Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Local Manufacturing/FMS/AMS/OMS/EMS/MMS Branches
Still 30 years of service to your country still deserves respect IMO...and in aircraft maintenance the entire time just adds to it. Pilots get all the glory but they couldn't get off the ground without us maintainers! Looks like you spent lots of time SE Asia during your time, but we still stomped some the same ground. My tech school was at Chanute, I was stationed down the road from Luke at DM and I was in Korea twice (once at Osan and one with the Wolf Pack). What did you do as far Local Manufacture? These days all Local Manufacture requests (ones for aircrafts parts anyway) come thru my flt, Fabrication Flight. I know what you mean about time going by fast, hardly seems I've been in 19 years already with all my moves (10 in 19 years) and deployments. Anyway my plan is to finish out 5 more years which will take me to 24, then retire in Cebu on my pension and a small nest egg. I just want a nice simple stress free retirement.
With a Production Scheduler AFSC background, I worked in the Local Manufacturing Section in the Field Maintenance Squadron Production Control/Repair Cycle at Luke AFB, Az. and Travis AFB, Ca. When anything is ordered on base, whatever it is and coded local manufacture, we get the order, I do the research, order all the raw stock whatever it is if the part can not be repaired or refurbished and I forward, schedule and monitor all the raw materials onto the fabricators/assemblers to get it made on base or locally in town whoever has a government contract in manufacturing and monitor all the aspects of the manufacturing process since there are due dates to be made to whom ever ordered the items. Most Base Supply warehouses is a pretty huge operation and the finished products are sent there for holding storage and delivered to the customers on their scheduled due dates! Edited by Art2ro

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I was no Chief by rank, but just of longevity as a USAF E-6/Tsgt in the military for 12 yrs! I was always busy and going to a lot of different places, Armillo & Lackland, Texas, Chanute, Ill, Travis & Castle AFB, Ca, Luke AFB, Az, Clark AB, PI, Utapao AB, Thailand and 180 days temporary duty at Anderson AFB, Guam, Takli Field, Thailand, Laos, Taiwan, Korea, China, Cambodia, Yokota AB, Japan, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Hickam AFB, Hawaii and Anchorage, Alaska during my 30 yr career! Actually I retired 6 yrs early at age 49 from Civil Service with an immediate pension and U.S. Air Force Reserves in 1997 and received my full military benefits at age 60, I'm now 62 collecting my Social Security pension too! We moved to the Philippines in 1998 when I was 50 and we've been here ever since!
Dang Art,looks like you've been around the block a few times. You Air Force pukes had it made with nice and modern air bases, PX and nicer looking women in uniform. As a senior electronics technician (retired as an E-9), most of my troubles were from Junior officers and green operators (the Indians)! Respectfully -- Jake
th_thholysheep.gifJake, My almost hairless SS buddy, that's why you E-9/Chiefs lost most of your hair short after retirement, because during your military career, there were too many Chiefs and not enough Indians to do the job or the other way around, not enough Indians and too many Chiefs, so you had to get your hands dirty and do the menial labor yourself or delegated it to your junior grade! Yeah, I've been around the block alright and I loved every minute of it, because I knew how to avoid all them E-9/Chiefs!mocking.gif Edited by Art2ro

Jake
Posted
Posted
I was no Chief by rank, but just of longevity as a USAF E-6/Tsgt in the military for 12 yrs! I was always busy and going to a lot of different places, Armillo & Lackland, Texas, Chanute, Ill, Travis & Castle AFB, Ca, Luke AFB, Az, Clark AB, PI, Utapao AB, Thailand and 180 days temporary duty at Anderson AFB, Guam, Takli Field, Thailand, Laos, Taiwan, Korea, China, Cambodia, Yokota AB, Japan, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Hickam AFB, Hawaii and Anchorage, Alaska during my 30 yr career! Actually I retired 6 yrs early at age 49 from Civil Service with an immediate pension and U.S. Air Force Reserves in 1997 and received my full military benefits at age 60, I'm now 62 collecting my Social Security pension too! We moved to the Philippines in 1998 when I was 50 and we've been here ever since!
Dang Art,looks like you've been around the block a few times. You Air Force pukes had it made with nice and modern air bases, PX and nicer looking women in uniform. As a senior electronics technician (retired as an E-9), most of my trouble calls were operator problems. Junior officers and green operators would call in the middle of the night to complain about no radar video or no comms. I would simply point to the on-off or standby-radiate switch or confirm they're on the right frequency.Respectfully -- Jake
th_thholysheep.gifJake, My almost hairless SS buddy, that's why you E-9/Chiefs lost most of your hair short after retirement, because during your military career, there were too many Chiefs and not enough Indians to do the job or the other way around, not enough Indians and too many Chiefs, so you had to get your hands dirty and do the menial labor yourself or delegated it to your junior grade! Yeah, I've been around the block alright and I loved it, because I knew how to avoid all them E-9/Chiefs!mocking.gif
My last tour of duty was on a nuclear powered missile cruiser. Never came close to the reactors (not my specialty code) but I can assure you, either the RF radiation (working on high powered radars) or ambient nuclear radiation probably caused my hair to fall out. Additionally, I got "volunteered" to be the CMC (Command Master Chief), which is equivalent to CCM in USAF. That position of CMC was the most challenging and the most stressful job. Fed up with Nuclear Navy, I bailed out after 21 years of service. My retirement speech was probably the shortest in the US Naval history: "I detest leadership by fear and leadership by arrogance".The captain (full bird) was a nuclear trained engineering officer and had a personality of a rock. Actually, a petrified turd. Jake