Sun Cellular Usb Internet Device, Anyone Use One?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sun is running a special (is it really?) for p799 a month unlimited internet using one of their USB thumb drive devices but it is only post paid and only with a 2 year contract, so what other options are there? I have a Smart Bro device and it seem to work OK here in our condo but is slow and it cost me p10 per half hour which could be pretty expensive if I were to use it as much as I usually do, because I turn my computer on in the morning and leave it on all day and night until bed time, so either I alter my ways or I may be stuck with my terrible PLDT service, which is now causing me other problems because it keeps losing the ip address when I shut the computer at night and I can no longer use my router because I cannot access any of the sites Boss Man has on the server he is using, but I seem to be able to access everything else. SugarwareZ-034.gif23_11_62[1].gifSun's site

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sun is running a special (is it really?) for p799 a month unlimited internet using one of their USB thumb drive devices but it is only post paid and only with a 2 year contract, so what other options are there? I have a Smart Bro device and it seem to work OK here in our condo but is slow and it cost me p10 per half hour which could be pretty expensive if I were to use it as much as I usually do, because I turn my computer on in the morning and leave it on all day and night until bed time, so either I alter my ways or I may be stuck with my terrible PLDT service, which is now causing me other problems because it keeps losing the ip address when I shut the computer at night and I can no longer use my router because I cannot access any of the sites Boss Man has on the server he is using, but I seem to be able to access everything else. SugarwareZ-034.gif23_11_62[1].gifSun's site
Smart Bro seems slow to me,speed test shows0.44 download and 0.10 upload,surly in the modern world they could get it a bit better than that?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Smart Bro seems slow to me,speed test shows0.44 download and 0.10 upload,surly in the modern world they could get it a bit better than that?
Maybe now you know why I do not wish to get spoiled by having a very fast internet while we are in the states part of the year, because then we have to come back here to the terrible internet service again, for our other part of the year. SugarwareZ-034.gifBTW, that unit is supposed to be up to 2 mbps, so try finding a spot that your cell phone has full pin on the s-meter all the time, and you may get the faster of the speeds available on it.