Router Weird Computer Issues I Am Having

Jake
Posted
Posted
OK so here is the info that helped me, in case it might help someone else someday. I am sure MikeB will not mind me posting it as he deserves the credit for fixing my problem. Now if I wake up tomorrow and it still works then we know it is fixed for good but in the mean time, below is the info.Kioskea One Certain Site will not load! Help!! The correct answer to this problem is as follows: 1. You must go into your router. 2. Enter the setup section. 3. Select MAC address. 4. Select user defined. 5. Change a few numbers and letters in the MAC address. 6. Save settings and reboot your computer and reset your MODEM. Google DNSConfigure your network settings to use the IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers
Way to go MikeB! And thanks Lee, I will keep this info for future reference.Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well all, as you can see I am back online this morning our time here in Cebu, and I also booted up my laptop and it is working as well, so MikeB, my wife thanks you, I thank you, and I am sure Tom (Boss Man) will appreciate your help on this issue, because now he will be able to use my slightly faster connection than the Smart Bro which he said is working very slow for him. From reading the links MikeB provided, it seems I am not the only one who has had this problem, so it might also happen to you, and as Art2ro said, he had a similar problem, so possibly his problem is the same as mine was. Below is what was said on the page Mike provided me, and then I provided above.This problem occurs when viewing the same site over a router from more that one computer or application at the same time for a period of time. This activates something in the server software that puts your IP address on a so called "BAND LIST". Your web hosting company will not be able to correct it because they don't know what is going on because they can see that it is working fine from their point of view. Most common response is: Replace your router. It works for them... But it is not the correct answer and it costs money to do so. See, and all along I thought it was Boss Man who banned me. whistling.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Thanks MikeB and Lee for sharing! I saved the info for future use just in case I get around to tinkering with my router! AddEmoticons04230.gif

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

Thank you MikeB I am now able to get on the forum again.