Second Reactor Explodes In Japan

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I was just watching the news and they said a second reactor just exploded, so things are looking pretty bad for them, and since we are pretty far from Japan, I think we are safe unless the winds shift southwest. Japan is at the top of the map I have provided and the Philippines is pretty far away but maybe not far enough away. unsure.gifmap_southeast_asia.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

FUKUSHIMA, Japan (Reuters) - A hydrogen explosion rocked the earthquake-stricken nuclear plant in Japan where authorities have been working desperately to avert a meltdown, compounding a nuclear catastrophe caused by Friday's massive quake and tsunami.The core container was intact, Jiji news agency said, quoting the plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), but the local government warned those still in the 20-km (13-mile) evacuation zone to stay indoors. Seven people, six of them soldiers, were missing in the blast, Jiji said.A TV station also reported a new tsunami on Monday but it turned out to be a false alarm.Japan battled through the weekend to prevent a nuclear catastrophe and to care for the millions without power or water in its worst crisis since World War Two, after the huge earthquake and tsunami that likely killed more than 10,000 people.