Rp May Lose Us Aid On Low Convictions In Human Trafficking

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

A friend told me about this a couple of weeks ago, so I guess this has been in the works for a while now, and he said they will be cracking down on foreigner, so be aware all, stay clean or suffer the consequences. Those of us who are clean have nothing to worry about, except being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or hanging out with the wrong people. Know your friends!

“Clearly, the most important thing is how many convictions you have, so, we’ll see,” Thomas told reporters after a human trafficking forum in Pasig City.
The complete story HERE

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Always a numbers game. I see the real problem as being those trafficked overseas. Instead of focusing on that aspect of things they go for the easy convictions. Prime example is the guy doing the video of the girls cat fighting topless. I agree with Mr. Lee, know your friends. Last thing one needs is to get caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time to. I would not want to be a sacrificial lamb for political sake.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

The other issue is the figures. Some NGO or NGO's have made up a figure so that they can continue to con people into giving them money.Some of the figures I have seen are absolutely ridiculous. Obviously human trafficking happens but personal experience tells me that the numbers are nothng like they claim. So what happens when the problem is not as bad as the made up figures? Is that why the Philippines now gets penalised because there isn't enough trafficked people around to match the made up figures?Regards: Jim

Jake
Posted
Posted

One of the Philippine cultures to learn and understand is the "Culture of Impunity". Politicians, high ranking Army and PNP officials are all big fish that seem to get away with everything. Hopefully, the Aquino administration willmake a difference finally.Respectfully -- Jake