My Thoughts After 4 Years With My Man

Elsa
Posted
Posted

East meets West

After almost 3 years long of friendship online we finally met in person when he visited Cebu, Philippines and then it makes our friendship more stronger. I like him far more than talking online. I love spending time with him, and most of all talking with him because he is the most interesting person. He got the total package of characteristics and a quality which attracts like a magnet ( despite of whatever gender) to me. I fall in love to him ( without knowing that he felt the same ), and wishing that his feeling was the same thing or else I only end up dreaming. Everyday all I want is to see him and to be with him despite of all such important task to do in my own life. And it doesn’t take so long, He confess his feelings to me and wants me to be his wife!- I was speechless for a few minutes , - I feel so, so much joy in my heart, thinking that the man itself who is perfectly in my criteria wanting me! I found the world so kind to me, Everything I see are smiling, Every objects are colourful and happy and Every tiny things and creatures has its own wonderful meaning and value. It changes my life- It brings me smile with deepest joy in my heart before the morning starts and after the end of my day. Few weeks after Engagement Party which took place at The Waterfront Hotel with all the people I ,love- my family and friends, he went back to Australia to give up everything he has just to be with me and I believe that this was one of the hardest steps for him to do. I don’t want him to go away from me anymore but, we both know that he has to- to sort things out there, I missed him already even his not leaving yet! I want to hold time so it won’t move! But fact is still the fact- the time has come that he needs to leave to go back to Australia. What I can I do? My only option is to let him and giving the sincere hug and kiss that means- until I see you again, with full of knowledge that he LOVES me and that He will keep me in his heart as how I keep him in mine, with all the HOPE that he will come back for me, with TRUST that God will bless all his ways and keeping him safe whatever he does and wherever he goes. For that two months apart I know it was not long but my heart is contrary to that fact.- It was horrible feelings being apart when all you can do is to Hope and Pray! After that such long length of period we’re apart, we got back together again and since then we promised to each other that it will never happen again because it was the worst feeling that we both had. After 1 year and few months of being engaged and living together we finally got officially married at The White Sand Beach Resort, Mactan Island and It was the most special and magical day that ever happen in my whole life! And one thing I am certain that it was Magic and Special because I am marrying the person whom I Love, whom I can be my very own self, whom I can be natural, whom I can be the craziest creature in the world, whom I find so easy being with, find so comfortable sharing every thing with( all the most stupid things and secret that I did and all the thoughts that I hadn’t had yet) including all the things that I am ashamed of. And most above all that He loves me back. Living with a person from the west who has their very own cultures, practices and beliefs is another Big Big PLUS!- it’s another greatest gift! I remembered in our early stage of relationship that my husband told me that we might argue for 3 reasons: First, is “ I am a man and You are a woman”- Paul bought me a bunch of flowers for 500 pesos with his knowledge that in this way he would please me, but I would think that 500 pesos is too much for 1 bunch of flowers, I would rather have a 50 peso bunch of flowers each week for the next (10) ten weeks. Second, Is- “ I speak English as my first language while, You speak English as your second language”- Many words in English have two or more meanings and Paul may intend to say something nice to me but because I’m not a native English Speaker I hear it as something different. Example: Paul said to me one day, “ You look wicked!” which is slang for “ You look beautiful” and of course I heard it as “ You are evil”. Third, is- “ Culture Differences”- I love cutting his nails especially his toe nails which nobody in the west has ever done for him before. But I did not realize that he was embarrassed when I first did it for him. And to solve all these major potential conflicts? - COMMUNICATION!- because we both believe that communication is the most essential in a relationship. For me, life with him is more interesting and fascinating because of these 3 major differences I mention above, Because this is where I grow more by learning the fun of differences between us- as a people who came from different planets! The moment we share the beauty of our differences it creates spectacular beauty which produces more beauty. I adore my husband as he is not just loving and supportive to whatever are my decisions.- He is an amazing teacher who has a gift of making even what seems to be the most complicated or difficult matter in the world seem simple and easy to understand for me. Everyday I discover so many more different beauties in him which I failed to discover during our early stage where I thought that he is as that brilliant man but, nope! Because there’s so much more beauty in him. I know that there is no such perfect in this world but I am humbly to claim that he is the closest one and that whoever is the next is too far away beyond. Having Paul as my husband is beyond my dream as I dreamed to have a good ( even not perfect) partner who will love me and adore me as me for the rest of his life and this I am happy Yet, it turns more than just that- truly unbelievable!!!!!!!!! I treasure him because I know that He is my ONLY TREASURE in life. I hate myself when I can’t do anything to take his pain away when he is sick- like having flu occasionally and during his gout attack every once or twice a year. I hate seeing him in pain and it breaks my heart even more upon seeing him upset and unhappy caused by other people. Because I see him as my very own little boy who is very fragile that needs my care emotionally and physically all the time- this is one of the reason of not liking being away from him as I myself feel incomplete and not being myself as a whole when he is not with me. I know that my words of vocabulary are not enough to for me to put up together in order to express of how much I love my husband. I also believe that nobody can understand of how much I love my husband not even my own husband but only myself and God. Lots of people- acquaintances and good friends have commented that we are obviously in love with each other but, actually they only see the radiation of our Love and Happiness to each other because in reality it was just the tiny spark from our Love- They didn’t see our love as a whole which can be found behind doors. To me, to give all my pure love and to be loved is the only things I want in life! Because it gives me fulfilment and satisfaction, And I got this- I am the Luckiest woman in the universe. We’ve known each other now nearly 6 years and continuing to enjoy and treasure or Love while striving our goal in life as a best friend and as a married couple wherever the journey lead us. Happily married woman, Elsa

post-1391-0-18758300-1300268109_thumb.jp

post-1391-0-65816100-1300268123_thumb.jp

post-1391-0-95086800-1300268140_thumb.jp

post-1391-0-08046300-1300268164_thumb.jp

post-1391-0-67655900-1300268178_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
th_thbestpost.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the wonderful story of your love. Since my wife and I know you both, we know you both are great people, and a perfect match surely made in heaven. I do not believe there is anyone anywhere who has even one bad word to say about either of you, and rightfully so because you are both great people. Heres to another hundred, happy, healthy and prosperous years together for you two lovebirds. cheersty.gif

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Wonderful story Elsa.  Thanks for sharing with us.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Elsa,Nice story! No wonder Paul is always smiling from ear to ear! You're are a good looking Filipina! As you quoted in Paul's words "You look Wicked"! Actually, Paul is the lucky one having a young gorgeous, lovable, kind, thoughtful and intelligent wife! My wife and I are both Fil/Ams, we had a long distance courtship of 6 years, while I was in California and she in Olongapo, but I visited her twice or three times a year in the 6 yrs! We got married when I turned 39 and she was 24! We've now been married for 23 yrs, I'm now 62 and my wife 47ish. I retired in 1997 and we've both been living in the Philippines for 13 years now! We didn't have any kids, but that's OK with us, at least we have each other! We call Sta Rosa, Laguna home! I'm Artand my wife is Jho (Josephine)

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Elsa
Posted
Posted

The post that Elsa has put up was, among other more mundane things, one of my birthday presents and it was the best I have EVER received. I love my her but, even though English is my first language, would have great difficulty expressing my love so eloquently - one day soon I will try.We are best friends, lovers, husband and wife and soul mates. We are many years apart in terms of years but so close in our love. To those who decry large age gaps in relationships I say - you are wrong!! Every relationship depends upon the people within it and how much they want it to work!We both hope to catch up with many of you on friday,Paul

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
The post that Elsa has put up was, among other more mundane things, one of my birthday presents and it was the best I have EVER received. I love my her but, even though English is my first language, would have great difficulty expressing my love so eloquently - one day soon I will try.We are best friends, lovers, husband and wife and soul mates. We are many years apart in terms of years but so close in our love. To those who decry large age gaps in relationships I say - you are wrong!! Every relationship depends upon the people within it and how much they want it to work!We both hope to catch up with many of you on friday,Paul
Mabuhay Paul and Elsa,Dang Paul, although I have not met you yet, I would marry you in a heart beat! Your lovely wife Elsa's East meets West story is a prime example of a match made in heaven. I am also very fortunate that my wife Judy have enough patience to put up with me after all these years. Any other woman would have dumped me a long time ago. We will be celebrating our 26th anniversary this coming June. Very nice photos of you two! Respectfully -- Jake
  • Like 1

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Thanks Elsa, For sharing your story, as you start a new life with Paul

• Like 1

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Thankyou for a wonderful story Elsa ! I hope you have many more years of happiness ahead. There is a 22 year age gap between me and my wife, so I can assure anyone, that age differences make absolutely no difference whatsoever, as long as you are both happy. Again my best wishes to you and Paul.

• Like 1

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Very touching story Elsa. God Bless you both! PS...can you send him for singing lessons.....bloody awful at karaoke....just joking!

Edited by roy2cebu
  • Like 1