My Thoughts After 4 Years With My Man

Elsa
Posted
Posted
Very touching story Elsa. God Bless you both! PS...can you send him for singing lessons.....bloody awful at karaoke....just joking!
Need to fix the karaoke as I am sure that the karaoke itself it the bloody awful! lolElsawww.Denial of service
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Mavrick
Posted
Posted (edited)

That right there is heart of love between two people.I hope I can find someone like that over there.:AddEmoticons04230: To a long a happy life God bless.

Edited by Mavrick
  • Like 1

Elsa
Posted
Posted
That right there is heart of love between two people.I hope I can find someone like that over there.:dreams: To a long a happy life God bless.
Hi Mavrick, Of you can can find it If you BELIEVE it! Just be you are and leth things fall into its right place.Elsawww.Denial of service

Elsa
Posted
Posted (edited)
That right there is heart of love between two people.I hope I can find someone like that over there.:dreams: To a long a happy life God bless.
Sorry about this! It was me replying to Mavrick post but I forgot to sign in. I am not good in computer either he he he.Elsa
It is OK Elsa, I deleted the extra post.
Edited by Kuya Lee
add note

• 3 weeks later...
Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I was sitting as I usually do each night reading through the different threads here and came upon this fantastic Love Story. Just then my wife came down to check on me as she usually does, and says as she does every night "I can't sleep without you hugging me".I know how you feel Paul, I am 55 years of age, and my wife is 24 years young, (although you would wonder sometimes which of us is the wiser!). My wife and I met on the internet 4 years ago April 28th 2007, while I was living in Malaysia. (I was born in Canada, but living in both the UK and Malaysia because of work, when we met online). I came to visit her, soon after we met on-line, and then she came to Malaysia several times for visits and to get to know each other. I eventually decided to move full time to the Philippines, and on Sept 08 2010 we finally married. We now have a 6 month old daughter to add to our happiness.Although the only time I think of the age difference between us, is when I see other expats with younger wives, or when sometimes I see the looks on other peoples faces, however,,,, no regrets, it was the best move I made in my life. My wife (and now daughter) are the joys of my life, and my only regret is that I wish I could have done this 20 or more years ago, although maybe I would not have been the same person back then.I truly believe that we love each other completely, and I know that even though there are problems right now (financial), it has not come between us. In fact I am not sure I could have handled things this well without her support and love.Good on you both. From one happy couple to another, we wish you love, happiness, health and contentment for many years to come.:SugarwareZ-034:Ela, thank you for your post, my wife says that she knows exactly how you feel...., and I believe her. :thats-funny:Carl

Elsa
Posted
Posted
I was sitting as I usually do each night reading through the different threads here and came upon this fantastic Love Story. Just then my wife came down to check on me as she usually does, and says as she does every night "I can't sleep without you hugging me".I know how you feel Paul, I am 55 years of age, and my wife is 24 years young, (although you would wonder sometimes which of us is the wiser!). My wife and I met on the internet 4 years ago April 28th 2007, while I was living in Malaysia. (I was born in Canada, but living in both the UK and Malaysia because of work, when we met online). I came to visit her, soon after we met on-line, and then she came to Malaysia several times for visits and to get to know each other. I eventually decided to move full time to the Philippines, and on Sept 08 2010 we finally married. We now have a 6 month old daughter to add to our happiness.Although the only time I think of the age difference between us, is when I see other expats with younger wives, or when sometimes I see the looks on other peoples faces, however,,,, no regrets, it was the best move I made in my life. My wife (and now daughter) are the joys of my life, and my only regret is that I wish I could have done this 20 or more years ago, although maybe I would not have been the same person back then.I truly believe that we love each other completely, and I know that even though there are problems right now (financial), it has not come between us. In fact I am not sure I could have handled things this well without her support and love.Good on you both. From one happy couple to another, we wish you love, happiness, health and contentment for many years to come.:SugarwareZ-034:Ela, thank you for your post, my wife says that she knows exactly how you feel...., and I believe her. :thats-funny:Carl
I am glad to hear that you are both happy like us . Do you have any secrets for success in a relationship so that others may benefit.? Elsawww.Denial of service

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Great story! I enjoy reading about others who have found true love and happiness like my wife and I have. Adversity will bring you both closer together and strengthen your bonds. I hope you can find a way to better make ends meet there in the Philippines. The worst that could happen would be for you all to move back to Canada for a few more years until you have the means to make the move back full time.

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Hi Elsa, not sure there are any secrets? I had a better understanding of what life would be like with a Filipina from a previous (and like many others) very expensive failed relationship with a Filipina, and that helped.I learned to be more laid back, to relax, observe and most of all talk openly with Ellie when something was bothering me. It is appropriate that you should reply now, because just last night in a previous thread, (I'm not sure which one, as this seems to be a big problem with me, keeping track of the threads that I have written in) I was saying how members of Ellie's family keep breaking things. Other than the obvious which is they seem to lack respect for things belonging to other people some times, and are not very careful when using them. I should have kept my thoughts to myself! (tempting fate)As right now one of Ellie's brothers is staying with us after being in Samar for about a year. I was having a nap earlier and Ellie came in the room and woke me up, I could tell by the look on her face something was wrong. (This is the secret) I hugged her, told her I loved her and she might as well tell me what was wrong! Her brother sat on the coffee table and broke it! :SugarwareZ-034:Now we have a 4 seater sofa, and 4 large single chairs in the room, so you ask yourself, why would he sit on a coffee table? 1%20%28103%29.gifWho knows the answer, but at any rate, it is not her fault and does not need to come between us.I guess what I am saying is, expect the unexpected, take stock of what you have and appreciate it. Ellie is truly a wonderful person, and she has given me a beautiful little girl. We talk daily and about everything. We have no more secrets and we discuss everything. We also do everything together, the laundry, the cleaning up, the groceries etc etc. That also helps as it is not something I ever did before. Especially when it comes to Chiya (my daughter), every night I walk her to sleep, I help with feeding, playing and just about everything. (I draw the line at changing diapers! My gag reflexes are too immediate)Maybe it is being with a good women, who loves me. I am older, wiser, and have more patience and that also helps.There are some things that I can not change (or choose not to) in regards to my Western upbringing and expectations. In most of these cases Ellie compensates and understands. In other areas, I have learned to not be so set in my ways, and let things be. Most of the time when this happens I see there is some logic in the way Ellie is doing things and in fact it turns out even better. So I guess remembering I am in The Philippines, not the UK or Canada, try and go with the flow, until it bothers me too much, then discuss it with your partner and come up with a solution that is good for both of you.Not sure about wisdom, but common sense? (if there is such a thing anymore).Hope this helpsKuya Carl

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Thanks Old55, but I am determined not to leave here, and I will do everything possible to ensure we don't have to. I will work at anything, and I mean anything to make sure we stay together and in the Philippines if possible.Besides I am not sure returning to either Canada or the UK would help with me finding work, as with the economy the way it is in both countries it would not be easy for a 55 year old man to find work, and if I did it is going to cost us considerably more to live.No we will stay, and do what needs to be done to survive.Ellie is always saying "it is OK, we have each other and we have Chiya, that is all that matters" This is a perfect example of the simplicity of how Filipina's think of things, as of course love will not buy food, or find a place to live, but you know... She is right, while we have and love each other even the huge problems seem smaller.Thanks for your support and encouragement, it is greatly appreciated.Carl

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted (edited)
From Wallaby's postOh WOW.....this is really a great thread!And congrats to such a lovely couple!Mind you telling where should I look??Thank you
Hi Wallaby:I think it is like most things..., when you are looking for it, you never find what you are looking for!When you get on with your life and your plans, .... it finds you!I think if anyone has plans to move and live here in the Philippines, they should visit, travel, look around, return home, plan their move and then just do it. Once you are settled where you want to be, and are getting on with your life here, the rest will happen.I may have just been lucky with Ellie, and admit that I have made my mistakes the first time around. Typically trying to solve everyones problems, and spending money where it should not have been spent. It was costly financially, but without learning those lessons I would not be here now. So I guess it was meant to be. Alternatively it was more than likely because I did not do my homework, did not take the advice of others who have experiences the same, and thought I knew best.Lesson learnt! Hope things work out well for you, and that you find what you are looking for, when the time is right.All the bestCarl Edited by Boss Man
Sorry I stuffed up and Wallabys original post is now missing