Wait Your Turn!

Jake
Posted
Posted
Yeah this is number one on my pet peeve list. When i'm opening a door and someone just busts through i make sure i say "you are welcome" in a loud enough voice so that they and those around hear it. Having done this enough at the local eatery I have noticed that I am not getting "rushed" at the door as much. Also when I go to JolliBee or McD's and i'm done with my food,,, I take my tray of empty stuff to the trash can and dump it myself, just like we do in states. That causes some eye brow raises and weird looks....But being 6'2" and 195 pounds and working out at the gym several times a week,,,I have found that i am Not getting pushed out of line all that much. When a cut in occurs I just get their attention, smile,,shake my head no and point behind me. I don't know what they are saying and I don't care...but i can guess...but as their voice is now coming from behind me....it doesn't matter. I'm finding that you can politely stand up for your own common courtesy rights and not be overly offensive. LOL what i have found that DOES confound the "natives" is when i purposely open a door and step aside and wave them through first. I can see the headaches forming inbetween their ears as they try to figure out what the heck that was all about. LOL I love to do that...man, woman, child...LOL...a demonstration of manners on a daily basis...maybe it'll catch on...ya never know.
I like your style! Consistently demonstrating good manners (opening the door and cleaning up after yourself)will eventually get the message across. And being a black belt 4th Dan will certainly get you out of troublegracefully and quickly.Respectfully -- Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The tray at MacDonalds thing I don't do. People here will eat pagpag so I have no qualms about leaving fries and coke on the tray for one of the local rug rats to run over and steal when I leave the table. I just don't like it when they run over and steal your food before you are finished.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The tray at MacDonalds thing I don't do. People here will eat pagpag so I have no qualms about leaving fries and coke on the tray for one of the local rug rats to run over and steal when I leave the table. I just don't like it when they run over and steal your food before you are finished.
Left over food ohmy.gif now that is bad manner. biggrin.gif Joke lang, but momma always taught me to clean my plate because there was starving people in the Philippines, so I am fat and they are skinny. SugarwareZ-034.gif Well I also hold the door for people and often let people go in front of me in a line by waving them on, most often those same people will say no and let me stay where I was. I have let a number of people in front of me who only had one or two items in their hands, and one time I was rewarded when their kids showed up with the rest of the days take. sad.gif but I still do it anyway. Now pick up a tray, no way that gets nasty looks from the workers who have the job of picking up those trays and must feel like they will be out of a job should that good habit take off. laugh.gif Good manners can be contagious, even here in the Philippines, so keep on doing it and we can all hope that maybe someday it will catch on. :AddEmoticons04230: