Concrete Walls

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)
Nice one Dave! One would have to suspect construction in general (roads, bridges, high rise) are not builtto code or for that matter, repeated urination....he, he. And thank you for allowing us to finally see the face behind Mr. Hounddriver. One of these days, maybe you could explain the name as well.Respectfully -- Jake
Dave took the pic, I was talking to him about the obvious fact that there was no footing other than under the post and that was only about 8 inches thick by a foot square.No way a cement fence could stand up for very long on the side of the hill with Mother nature peeing on it all of the time. Edited by Kuya Lee
Please post below the last [/quote]

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Question for BrucewayneIn case I forget to ask you when I see you in person, are the bags of cement they sell here all the same size? I mean is it a standard 25kg sack or do they sometimes sell different sizes? And if they do sell different sizes what size were you using when you were making blocks?It only matters when you are figuring things like 100 blocks to a sack. If it is a 50 kg sack then that would be a lot different than a 25 kg sack.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

That's the same way they mixed cement in front of my house, while building it. I loved watching it. If a guy made a mistake, everyone would ride him for it. Down by the beach they're always scooping out black sand from the water to make cement blocks with. That's a physical job in the sun I'd love to have. No fatties there. Great work out program.