Tipping, What Is The Right Amount In The Phl?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not to be mean just because i got good service I think the waiter or waitress should get that because of the low wages.
I often hear this term,low wages but are baffled by it,the wages are in line with the country's cost of living for their own people so why do people think its low wages,is it because western world employees get more? but then again it cost a lot more to live in a western country.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

During the course of many years of traveling I have noticed certain trends. As an area becomes a popular place to live, the wages in that area go down. It seems that everyone wants to live there and there aren't enough jobs for everyone. Then it seems to go to phase 2. That is where wealthier people are moving to that popular place and no one actually wants to work. At that point the wages in the area start to rise exponentially because the rich still want their gardeners, maids and mechanics but average people cannot afford to live there.If this observation holds true in Cebu, I expect the wages here to rise quickly over the next few years. I am curious how well I am able to predict this.Rats. Sorry KuyaLee. I have gone off topic. Its Tom's fault, he started it SugarwareZ-037.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It's simple, just give a 20 - 25% tip if there were no service charges included on the bill or no tip for bad food or poor service, but never go back there again! That seems fair all around!