How Do People On Medicare Who Live In The Phl Deal With Medical Issues

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
(slighty edited). This is as if there is no medical fraud at the present time. If passed, it will be a 80/20 co-payment system for Medicare A. Forget Medicare B, C & D unless you intend to return to the United States someday. For American retirees in the Philippines, you will pay 20% and Medicare will pay 80% for hospitalization. Please note this is just a proposal. Aloha - JJR
As stated NO MEDICAL FRAUD at the present time. under medicare . However I have read several articles here & in US newspapers That under "TRICARE" their was Much Fraud, would any members who have "Tricare" and used it here in RP share their experiences. Any "fraud"knowledge on your behalfFor those who have certain medical/health issues . its best to either "save up" your money for a possible hospital expense .OR 1. obtain PHILHEALTH (the local government insurance at 100 pesos a month... THATS RIGHT.open to NON-CITIZENS)2. inquire on Blue Cross which is available . or other health insurance provider here in RPwww.philhealth.gov.ph
PHILHEALTH has made some important changes regarding coverage .SUSPENDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE Nine (9)Months Contribution as a Requirement for Benefits Availment The Implementation of PhilHealtb Circular No. 25 s. 2010 relative to the "Nine (9)Months Contribution as a requirement for Benefits Availment" is hereby held inabeyance subject to further evaluation of the concerned operational units relative to theproper definition and application of the requirement on sufficient regularity. Thisdeferment shall be in effect until the issuance by the PhilHealth Board of the appropriatepolicy relative to the requirement of 'sufficient regularity' as basis for entitlement tobenefits per Section 42 of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 7875,as amendedhttp://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2011/circ09_2011.pdf

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Update on Medicare.Medical City started with a small office in Agana, Guam. Purpose was to provide information and assistance to residents seeking advanced medical treatment not available in Guam. Manila was approved as an alternative location because it is closer than Honolulu. The news is they have started the construction of a Medical City hospital in Guam, which is estimated to cost nearly $200 million. They raised the first $75 million from investors in the Philippines. The balance will probably come from Guam, USA and/or international financing sources. Once completed, this will be a world-class facility.My suggestion for ExPats in the Philippines who are Medicare eligible is to get to know one of over 1,000 physicians affiliated with Medical City. For any serious treatment, the doctor can refer you to the Guam hospital. This requires additional research, but I am confident the treatment will be covered under Medicare A. JJR

• 4 months later...
Cebudick
Posted
Posted

What a about a vet with a military disability (80%) that qualifies him for free VA medical care for life? If I have a heart problem or another serious illness where is the closest VA medical facility to the Philippines...thanks

Jake
Posted
Posted
What a about a vet with a military disability (80%) that qualifies him for free VA medical care for life? If I have a heart problem or another serious illness where is the closest VA medical facility to the Philippines...thanks
Here you go sir: http://www.philippin...dpost__p__38461. Also read carefully about Art's commentsabout trying to use Tri-Care in the Philippines. We're getting shafted.......Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Cebudick,Are you retired military with an 80% rated V.A. disability or just get a monthly V.A. Compensation due to service connected disabilities? The nearest V.A. facility is in Manila and Pasay. http://www2.va.gov/d...lity.asp?ID=681http://globalnation....erations-Jan-24