Changing People's Attitudes

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It seems that, every once in a while, the topic of changing the attitude of filipinos comes up. I have to ask why? It occurred to me that we expats seem to disagree on things as simple as what to do with ants so it seems very unlikely that we can agree on how someone else should change their attitude.Here are some of my thoughts. Nose picking comes to mind. If it bothers you then don't look. Driving habits. If you get frustrated with filipino driving habits then walk or get a chauffeur. Just small examples but I don't understand moving to a place where you would want to take on the stress of changing the people there. Especially if you are retired.About those ants. I won't bother to cite sources unless someone wants to really get into it but it strikes me that Australians say "leave the ants alone as they clean up after us", Americans say "nuke the queen and the whole colony so they never bother us again", and Canadians say "I just want to spray the few that are bothering me at this moment and leave the rest alone."photo-109.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It seems that, every once in a while, the topic of changing the attitude of filipinos comes up. I have to ask why? It occurred to me that we expats seem to disagree on things as simple as what to do with ants so it seems very unlikely that we can agree on how someone else should change their attitude.Here are some of my thoughts. Nose picking comes to mind. If it bothers you then don't look. Driving habits. If you get frustrated with filipino driving habits then walk or get a chauffeur. Just small examples but I don't understand moving to a place where you would want to take on the stress of changing the people there. Especially if you are retired.About those ants. I won't bother to cite sources unless someone wants to really get into it but it strikes me that Australians say "leave the ants alone as they clean up after us", Americans say "nuke the queen and the whole colony so they never bother us again", and Canadians say "I just want to spray the few that are bothering me at this moment and leave the rest alone."photo-109.gif
And from what I have seen, most Filipinos just say what ants, as if they are not even there, and some cultures see them and say, protein. 7_4_17[1].gif