American Killed In Sanciangko/ Cebu City

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I wonder what the punishment is for a Filipino killing a foreigner. I would guess maybe 6 months or maybe a year.

LakeB
Posted
Posted
I think there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye, or what is being reported in the papers ! What matters is another foreigner is dead for whatever reason, and that is one extra too many ! There also seems to be an increase in these "gang like activities" in Cebu City, or is it just me ?
I am not surprised if some foreigner get killed from time to time in The Philippines.In all my stays in Cebu and in other parts of the Philippines, I have seen behaviors among foreigner we never had accepted in Europe. If foreigners came here to Sweden, where I come from, with behaviors like I often have seen in the Philippines against girls and kids, I think there would have been a lot more killings and biting ups here. More than in the Philippines. Sometimes I think Filipinos are accepting to much.We all have a responsibility to take a distance from crazy behaviors we see as guests in the Philippines. We are guests and many of us need to learn a lot how to respect the Filipino people and be more humble.These words was in general.Watch your steps and behave.LakeB

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

well said lakeB, its not where they came from, its the individual and their behavior. many years ago during the marcos regime we had government hit squads, that traveled from town to town looking for scum and undesirables, judge jury and executioners all wrapped in one team.they put a dent in crime, better known as SALVAGE TEAM. but that was back then ,kinda makes one think twice about having a bad attitude in a foreign country, a third world one at that, where foreiners have no say in anything. so just be nice ,walk a straight line and dont be a scumbag and you will live to see the better parts of the philippines and enjoy life to its fullest. tanks EJ.:36_1_50[1]:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

No wonder! Here we go again and again! Sleazy DOM Foreigners messing around with 16 yr old girls! Nuff said! http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/metro/view/20110401-328714/American-shot-dead-youth-gang-members-linked

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

when a white man gets caught or shot because of his dealings with a minor in the PH. it is big news in the media.and it does sell papers, and makes money.rewind to 30 years ago when the US.military were still in thePH.child sex workers were everywhere, no problem, subic and clark were the biggest places for young girls to be bought and sold, some were even imported, the US NAVY was the biggest cash customer, and it was a normal thing when you saw a sailor with a minor in tow.but that was then and this is now.the US FORCES are gone now and market for cash customers is slim, so now the SEXPATS invade the PH. and the cycle turns again. but business is not as good as it used to be.so now they fight and kill and bond in gangs to take what they can from stupid SEXPATS that are to their level of FILTH.............and the cycle continues. i dont support FILTH or SEXPATS ,i am just telling youall what i have seen outside the US BASES then. BTW it wasnt just the white man.and the media was hardly interested in what ever happened then. sad but true. tanks EJ. :(

Jake
Posted
Posted
well said lakeB, its not where they came from, its the individual and their behavior. many years ago during the marcos regime we had government hit squads, that traveled from town to town looking for scum and undesirables, judge jury and executioners all wrapped in one team.they put a dent in crime, better known as SALVAGE TEAM. but that was back then ,kinda makes one think twice about having a bad attitude in a foreign country, a third world one at that, where foreiners have no say in anything. so just be nice ,walk a straight line and dont be a scumbag and you will live to see the better parts of the philippines and enjoy life to its fullest. tanks EJ.:(
Oh yeah, I remember those days when the PC (Philippine Constabulary) was so ruthless before it became present day PNP. One should also be aware that, depending on what region you live, the NPA's (New Peoples Army) can also conduct "salvaging operations". Finding a black ribbon tied to your front door is a stern warning to get out of dodge. Do not develop a reputation of being a public "scumbag". Tsismis (gossiping) are sometimes taken as the gospel truth during official police investigation.Respectfully -- good boy ako Jake

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I've read every article about this I could find and the only evidence or indication that this 76 year old was a sexpat and/or having sex with a minor is from the mouths of the defendants, the "Tanduay Survival Clan", and I wouldn't believe anything that came out of their self-serving pieholes. It's possible that this 16 year old was insanely jealous because this old guy was seeing a 17 year old girl (she could claim temporary insanity?) but that is a stretch. Much more likely it was all about money, either he refused to give more or it was an outright robbery. Whatever happened, he is the victim and didn't deserve to be shot down by a bunch of stupid punks. Typically, the police will separate them, they will turn on each other, and some semblance of the truth will come out. They should all rot in prison.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I want to get a bit technical here. There are man made laws and then there are biological laws. The two do not often mix well. The dead man can be labeled a perv or sexpat or pedo all day long. However good it may feel to throw those words around..... he is not a pedo. Keep in mind I am being technical here and I am not supporting what ever he was doing or not doing. I have no direct knowledge. Here in the US, we have a mismatched arrangement of man made laws that end / start on the state border. What is perfectly legal in one state can get you serious jail time by crossing the state lines. As an example, in South Carolina, the age to marry used to be 14. I do not know if they changed it, but as of a few years ago, 14 it was. Man made laws...........The number 14 is an interesting number. I have not had sex with a teenage girl since I was a teen aged boy, so we are talking 35 + years here..... But, (that BUT is an important point....) But I have reason to believe that the majority of readers of these posts can trace their family lines back 5+ generations. Some many generations further back than that. Sooner or later, in looking back at your family tree, you will come across family members that were married and having families at 14. BIOLOGICAL LAW. Let me head you off at the pass as they say out west.... Don't start saying anything about 'it was normal back then... it was accepted back then... people did not live as long back then....' Biological laws change very very slowly. Going back 100-200 years is nothing. What was accepted 'back then' is still accepted today, BIOLOGICALLY speaking that is. There is a HUGE difference between a true pedo which is marked by sexual excitment with PRE pubescent boys / girls and simply looking for the young (post pubecent) mates. Differently wired brains. So, back to the instant case. The dead guy was 'in a relationship' with a 16 yr old. NOTHING has been printed about his prowling the streets looking for younger or more and more girls. If this guy was a true sex addict or had other issues, then I am sure the media would have plastered that out for all to read.I pay the school fees for about 6 kids + - depending who drops out or asks for assistance. Between 8 to college level kids. Boys and girls. But I have no actual physical relationship with any of them. However, there are those who might think that why should some Kano waste is money.... unless he is getting something.But 'it' is there if that is 'your thing', as the grandmother of a 14 yr old girl (there is that number again) has hinted around that the family is not against me spending some more time (and money) with her. And I believe it gets back to family dynamics. That grandmother was a Mama San many years ago I have been told. I am guessing here that in order to be bestowed the title of Mama San and the associated responsibilites, one must first apprentice as a GRO. Her adult son, a part time security guard and the father of the 14 yr old girl is in an interesting relationship with his wife in that she also lives with another man, part time 3 hrs bus ride away. As long as that other man sends a monthly rice allowance, the girl's mother is allowed to split her time up between the 2 men. Now, nobody tell Lee this, but I actually listen to what he says (sometimes). So I make sure I am never actually alone with the kids, which is not that hard to do as I have a full schedule. I could distance myself far from this 14 yr old girl and cut off all contact, but then it is she who suffers the most. I offer what help I can and try to offer alternatives to the road into being a GRO.....I ask you to think to yourself, just how many GROs are there in the Philippines? OK, how many older / retired? Their children and grandchildren might not meet too much resistance from them if they were to establish a relationship with one of us damn foreigners..... Might not be a real stretch to say that it is often encouraged. And I do not mean to 'set up' the foreigner, but to actually bring him into the famliy. I believe there is a Pinoy term for this. I am not sure if I am pronouncing it correctly, but I shall try. In any case it is spelled this way.MY DAUGHTER HIT THE LOTTERY! So, I am not blaming the dead guy for having a relationship whatever it was, with a 16 yr old girl. Now I ask you... IF the age of consent was 15 in the Philippinjes (it is 18) would the report in the media of a 76 yr old man in a relationship with a 16 yr old girl be much of a conversation point?Bruce

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Well said Bruce!

Inspector
Posted
Posted
when a white man gets caught or shot because of his dealings with a minor in the PH. it is big news in the media.and it does sell papers, and makes money.rewind to 30 years ago when the US.military were still in thePH.child sex workers were everywhere, no problem, subic and clark were the biggest places for young girls to be bought and sold, some were even imported, the US NAVY was the biggest cash customer, and it was a normal thing when you saw a sailor with a minor in tow.but that was then and this is now.the US FORCES are gone now and market for cash customers is slim, so now the SEXPATS invade the PH. and the cycle turns again. but business is not as good as it used to be.so now they fight and kill and bond in gangs to take what they can from stupid SEXPATS that are to their level of FILTH.............and the cycle continues. i dont support FILTH or SEXPATS ,i am just telling youall what i have seen outside the US BASES then. BTW it wasnt just the white man.and the media was hardly interested in what ever happened then. sad but true. tanks EJ. :(
:th_thbestpost:This sexpat stuff, and this old pervert, is covered here.I remember sailors calling the underage girls in Subic, cherry girls back then...and the scuttlebutt was some as young as 13-14.:(Sex is great....but so is having some morals.74 and 16....in any culture it seems weird, unless he was Mick Jagger and she was 18. mick-old.jpgUmmm....scrap that comparison.:(