American Killed In Sanciangko/ Cebu City

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
but this kind of incident is not the first time it has happened in the PH. regarding a older man and a minor. i never been to cebu but i have heard scuttelbutt that it is common thing over there. like it used to be outside the us bases before. tanks ej.
Not the way you described outside the us bases. Nope. Not that bad at all. BUT you are right that it happens a lot in Cebu with 17 year olds and older men. Why? Because the 17 year olds will practically THROW themselves at an eligible foreigner AND their parents AND their aunts, uncles, grandparents and all other relatives will practically push the girl in his direction. There are a lot of guys here with 17 year olds and I know some of them are living like they are married. Is it wrong? Do a study on how many guys from the US will say no when that situation is thrust on them and let us know. Is it illegal? Show me the law that says it is illegal and I will show you one that says the legal age in the Philippines is 16.
I have.Polled quite a few, and if a 16 year old thrust themselves upon them, they ALL said no freaking way. These were men from 18-70 plus...on my sports forum. Many are Charlie Sheen fans, so not sure if they are allowed to be polled. :89:Why did they say no way?Illegal and immoral was the answer, and then they gave me shat, haha...as per the norm... as they call me a ladyboy lover since moving there. (It's a New York thing...making fun of each other...we have thick skin) :bash:How did they know? :89:So, if you suggest very old foreigners, from places where 18 is the legal age... move to the Philippines so they can HAVE 16/17 year old's throw themselves at them, then there in lies the problem.The foreigner.He's an old pervert at best, a sexual predator at worst.IMHO of course, as I have no personal issues with anything legal other then a snicker when it looks just silly...your mileage may vary. :lol: Edited by Inspector

Inspector
Posted
Posted
but this kind of incident is not the first time it has happened in the PH. regarding a older man and a minor. i never been to cebu but i have heard scuttelbutt that it is common thing over there. like it used to be outside the us bases before. tanks ej.
Not the way you described outside the us bases. Nope. Not that bad at all. BUT you are right that it happens a lot in Cebu with 17 year olds and older men. Why? Because the 17 year olds will practically THROW themselves at an eligible foreigner AND their parents AND their aunts, uncles, grandparents and all other relatives will practically push the girl in his direction. There are a lot of guys here with 17 year olds and I know some of them are living like they are married. Is it wrong? Do a study on how many guys from the US will say no when that situation is thrust on them and let us know. Is it illegal? Show me the law that says it is illegal and I will show you one that says the legal age in the Philippines is 16.
I believe there are a lot of laws we can quote from but most people seem to forget that there are different laws for foreigners than locals. Please show us the one where a foreigner can live with a minor legally in the Philippines?Age of consent 18Then there is the Child Protection act which makes it illegal to just be in the presence of a minor.

ARTICLE VIOther Acts of Abuse

(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.Definition of Terms.

(a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition;

I was going to ask the same thing Lee....I know of a 22 year old pinoy who got a girl 13 year old pregnant (had the baby at 14) in the province, and is taking care of her despite chismosa not being accepted. Not in jail and they all know of it...but I have read as you posted that under 18 for any foreigner, even in the presence, is against the law. Hell, they have an entire scam going on in Angeles City where bar girls have a friend pop in after doing the dirty deed with playboy crypt keeper, take a shower, and within a few minutes the police are breaking the door down....and saying the sexpat is under arrest for being in the room with a underage girl, and he is stuck paying a huge fine (bribe) to get out of jail.I sure would like to see the law that says 16 and old foreigner is acceptable. :lol:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gentlemen, I am not defending the practice of old foreign men with 17 year old girls but I do condone it.I am saying it is done in Cebu with such regularity that my informal polls, (discussions over coffee with other expats), seems to suggest that it is very common in a 'don't ask, don't tell' way. The numbers of people actually doing it, (or have done it but their spouse is legal now), is staggering. Do I hang out with pedophiles? I don't think so. I say I condone this behavior because I have learned not to judge people so harshly and I am truly surprised to see how many of those kinds of relationships actually turn out well. Now to each his own but I won't condemn you if you choose a younger wife than I chose. I will condemn you if you are playing with innocent girls just like you are eating cherries.Now to the age laws. Obviously I have had this discussion before and at that time there was a law that said 16 was legal. The web sites I had bookmarked have all changed their data to 18 so it must have been raised in recent years. There is one site that I found interesting:Changes To Age Of Consent 12 To 16 In PhilippinesNotice that the American who was killed was not killed for being with a 17 year old. He was killed, allegedly, for breaking up with her. Just showing how the general filipino population DO condone this kind of behavior regardless of the laws you can quote.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
Gentlemen, I am not defending the practice of old foreign men with 17 year old girls but I do condone it.I am saying it is done in Cebu with such regularity that my informal polls, (discussions over coffee with other expats), seems to suggest that it is very common in a 'don't ask, don't tell' way. The numbers of people actually doing it, (or have done it but their spouse is legal now), is staggering. Do I hang out with pedophiles? I don't think so. I say I condone this behavior because I have learned not to judge people so harshly and I am truly surprised to see how many of those kinds of relationships actually turn out well. Now to each his own but I won't condemn you if you choose a younger wife than I chose. I will condemn you if you are playing with innocent girls just like you are eating cherries.Now to the age laws. Obviously I have had this discussion before and at that time there was a law that said 16 was legal. The web sites I had bookmarked have all changed their data to 18 so it must have been raised in recent years. There is one site that I found interesting:Changes To Age Of Consent 12 To 16 In PhilippinesNotice that the American who was killed was not killed for being with a 17 year old. He was killed, allegedly, for breaking up with her. Just showing how the general filipino population DO condone this kind of behavior regardless of the laws you can quote.
regardless of how he was killed. if he was playing basketball instead of a minor he probably would still be shooting hoops. and if he broke up with her then obviously there was a connection between the two.i dont think that most filipinos condone this kind of behavior, only the ones that see monetary gain from it. andBTW the philippine constitution and laws were written in the favor and ways of the people who are native to the land and/or are naturalized citizens of the philippines. sadly to say that it does not in any way protect any foreign nationals from any kind of prosicution of the law. in simple english. be nice because if you cross the local law, regardless of reason you will lose period. i am a born filipino and i have seen this happen before, and i am sorry that it is still happening. CYA. and be good, it goes a long way. tanks ej.

brock
Posted
Posted

The guy was not with a minor, He was with a 17 year old girl, A minor is under the age of 12, Being alone with a minor is illegal.He did not break any laws being with that girl unless he had sex with her, age of consent being 18.Am I right in thinking this ?

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
The guy was not with a minor, He was with a 17 year old girl, A minor is under the age of 12, Being alone with a minor is illegal.He did not break any laws being with that girl unless he had sex with her, age of consent being 18.Am I right in thinking this ?
No...a minor is under 18 in Angeles City, as many sexpats have discovered being alone with them in hotel rooms and then finding themselves in jail. I am sure this goes for the entire country. For the record, I have seen older foreigners of non white decent, as well as locals with younger pinays and know from trusted chismosa that they are doing it with them. It not being debates on if the Beatles were better then the Rolling Stones (no debate), and if today's country music is now finally being appreciated by the old timers like George Jones. Money speaks in any culture. I would also hope that any differences on any subject do not force another poster to be shy about voicing their own views, and feel if there opinion differs from a certain poster that they will not be appreciated. The fact is, the Philippines is 80-90% sexpat foreigner (polled grumpy old foreigners coming out of the malls), and any RP message board loses out on the posting numbers if they don't give these posters a outlet, as they all enjoy a place to discus trophy's and how much they know about all things Philippines and sex. Most ARE older, set in their ways and happy to let you know what that way is, and while many are conservative by aged nature, they all seem so liberal (neither in political senses here) in their thoughts of age difference of dating. Remember, what makes boards arguably better then a blog IS the differing opinions. :cheersty:However, if I hear one more poster bringing biological and history aspects into sex I might snap...and when I snap, I usually will scratch my butthole with my undies until I say, I need to change them things this week... and then bring up 76 and 16 is not 16 and 13. :bash:Biologically speaking now...76 year old men pee 12 times a night, complain a lot and have ball sacks hanging on the floor....some testicles having a small round shower shoe type thing on the end, to avoid the bacteria and athletes sack.Yeah, I looked in the gym lockerroom showers and seen it.....I always look at men below, for comparisons. K? :wave:Personally, as if anybody really cares what I think...I do not care either way....as long as it is legal and nobody is getting hurt. physically or mentally. It DOES look rather silly if you are WAY older and don't at least look like Sean Connery and your "new" pinay in tow is a beauty queen and 50 years your junior. Edited by Inspector

LakeB
Posted
Posted
This discussion has turned to a technical one.What is right by the law and what is right by moral?It’s not only a matter of sex and age. It’s also how we act in general.It is important that we remember we are ambassadors for our countries Important to remember also that we are ambassadors for all the westerncountries, because we are all "Americanos".Sad to say, I have met many bad ambassadors.What other "canos" do bad easily strikes back on all of us guests. My words earlier were:“I am not surprised if some foreigner gets killed from time to time in The Philippines.In all my stays in Cebu and in other parts of the Philippines, I have seen behaviors among foreigner we never had accepted in Europe. If foreigners came here to Sweden, where I come from, with behaviors like I often have seen in the Philippines against girls and kids, I think there would have been a lot more killings and biting ups here. More than in the Philippines. Sometimes I think Filipinos are accepting to much.We all have a responsibility to take a distance from crazy behaviors we see as guests in the Philippines. We are guests and many of us need to learn a lot how to respect the Filipino people and be more humble.These words were in general.Watch your steps and behave.”LakeB

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Some people take the age difference discussion WAY too seriously. It is what it is. Maybe some of our posts will change people's attitudes over time, mine changed. Unfortunately for the naysayers, my attitude changed to believe that is was NOT such a bad thing, (in many circumstances), and before you ask, I have not knowingly touched a 17 year old since I was 17 myself. This topic causes such passion in some people that it is actually a banned topic in 'another forum.Inspector describes a very caricatured 76 year old in one example. If he came by to date my 17 year old daughter, I would ask her where her mind was at. On the other hand, if Hugh Hefner came by to SERIOUSLY date her I would tell her she has good taste and invite the guy in for a drink. Love is useless without money cool_beans.gif

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
if thats the case, then i stand corrected. but in my book he in still a scumbag for having a girlfriend that is young enough to be his grand daughter. its not the law anymore that applys here , its morals and i see that some people dont have none.

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
Some people take the age difference discussion WAY too seriously. It is what it is. Maybe some of our posts will change people's attitudes over time, mine changed. Unfortunately for the naysayers, my attitude changed to believe that is was NOT such a bad thing, (in many circumstances), and before you ask, I have not knowingly touched a 17 year old since I was 17 myself. This topic causes such passion in some people that it is actually a banned topic in 'another forum.Inspector describes a very caricatured 76 year old in one example. If he came by to date my 17 year old daughter, I would ask her where her mind was at. On the other hand, if Hugh Hefner came by to SERIOUSLY date her I would tell her she has good taste and invite the guy in for a drink. Love is useless without money cool_beans.gif
Well, that sort of defeats the entire reason for moving to a third world country for many, as most enjoy giving up the basics of what made a western woman not as attractive to a filipina, and what the western world has now become...materialism and more. At least that is it for me...got tired of buying a Lexus to keep pace with the neighbors, and living with a sexless fat woman who thought she was the alpha, but couldn't even balance a checking account. Figured I was deserving of the finer things, the basic things, life had to offer....giving up the western life and western wife to embrace the slower paced, non materialistic aspects of the Philippines.Now that I am back in the states, I am enjoying "certain" aspects of western ways, but also once again realizing that "marry a doctor" thought you embrace on your daughter is still alive and well in the good old USA, as is all the other crap associated with it.Now, stop bothering me...let me get back to my massage chair, grey goose martini and 70 inch TV....want to watch that guy who drinks his pee in high def now....last week he drank camel poo sweat, to survive :lol:I LOVE this guy! :th_thsmilies-29057:BTW, I find this topic a great one...not sure of what forum you are talking about or why it was banned from being discussed, but I would look at the owner or associates and see if they are dipping any underage woman, as that would be a clue as to why. :cheersty: Edited by Inspector