American Killed In Sanciangko/ Cebu City

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I do believe that some posters, (yes Kuya Lee is the one I am thinking of), have their points of view ingrained from Western moral philosophies of the time. What that means is, a few decades ago you may likely have been blaming the girl for dressing seductively and being with a man in his hotel room, thus causing him to rape her. That was the prevailing method of blaming the victim some years back. Of course you could go way back and blame her for being a witch or even further and accuse him of not passing the inquisition.I doubt I am making my point well but it has never been a good idea to blame the victim. In the Philippines, I have found that people don't speak ill of the dead. All is forgiven when you die it seems.
Dave, you are correct there are some of us that have difficulty with large age differences. Normally I avoid commenting in these conversations because I am unable to be objective and frankly it’s not my place to judge others one way or the other. My point is this is an interesting debate you and Lee (others too!) bring out some great points.We don’t know any real fact other than the older gentleman was murdered by some young Filipinos. He could have been a good man or a player; we just don’t know one way or the other. I do agree with Lee in some circumstances if money is provided to a Filipino by a Foreigner there is danger, even if to family. Sometimes especially if it is family.

No name
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yep Lea, even if we don't rise to the level of scumbag, we are still responsible for our own actions, stupid ones we are more likely to get the credit for. Nobody will try to take credit for stupid mistakes, well unless the stupid mistake makes someone cash. :unsure:

Edited by Flirltilzier

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Ahhh, so some more info comes out on this. Now it seems that at least two underage girls have stayed with the American who was killed apartment, according to the security guard and his then current live in school girl.

According to Cullamat, who executed an affidavit, she arrived from her school at the apartment of Casteen and was surprised when Casteen was shot to death. She later learned that it was the friend of Casteen, who used to stay in the latter’s apartment, who killed him.Cullamat said she stayed in Casteen’s apartment since April 2009 with the assurance that he would shoulder her school fees, allowances and give monetary aid to her family.Cullamat said she knew the two accused minors, one of whom, she said, was evicted from Casteen’s apartment after caught stealing money. –
Security guard Nelson Barquito, 26, assigned at Sanchez Apartment in Sanciangko Street, Cebu City, stated in his affidavit that on March 30 at around 9:00 p.m., he was on duty when the four wanted to get inside the building looking for Catherine Cullamat, who stayed inside the apartment of Casteen.Barquito said one of the accused who is a minor introduced herself as schoolmate of Cullamat.Barquito allowed the minor to get inside as he already knew her because she used to stay in the apartment of Casteen.
3 minors face murder raps for American's death