Marriage In Pi And A Move To Thailand?

Inspector
Posted
Posted

How hard is it to get married in the Philippines, and then moving to a cheaper, better in most ways (medical, roads and food) third world country, say Thailand or Panama?In's and out's? Legality situations? Visa issues?

• 7 months later...
Curley
Posted
Posted

No answers? A shame, an interesting topic.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

The question is so general it would be very difficult to provide a useful answer.Curley, if you are interested in this topic ask but provide some details I'm sure you will get some helpful answers.

Edited by Old55

Curley
Posted
Posted
The question is so general it would be very difficult to provide a useful answer.Curley, if you are interested in this topic ask but provide some details I'm sure you will get some helpful answers.
My apologies, My interest and therefore my questions are exactly the same as the OP. I didn't see the sense in repeating them.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
How hard is it to get married in the Philippines, and then moving to a cheaper, better in most ways (medical, roads and food) third world country, say Thailand or Panama? In's and out's? Legality situations? Visa issues?
How hard is it to get married in the Philippines: I have never heard anyone even hint that it is at all hard.moving to a cheaper, better in most ways (medical, roads and food) third world country: If there is such a place, and filipinas with expat husbands are permitted long term resident status, then it deserves discussion. I don't know of such a place but would be interested if someone else does. The lack of response in this thread just confirms my belief that Philippines is the best option.
  • Like 3

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

To live in Thailand with a Filipina wife: If you are 50 yrs or more:- have 800.000 Thai baht in a Thai savings account. (400.000 with a Thai wife).- or Pension 800.000 Baht or more, confirmed by your Embassy.You then qualify for retirement visa.Your Filipina legal wife can 'back' on your application. This is the best and easiest way. You are then able to stay in the country for 1 year, only need to report to Immigration every 3 months.After 1 year you need to apply to Immigration again and show proof from Bank / Embassy that you have Baht 800.000 or more in pension, same you did before. If you younger than 50 yrs / have less than 800.000 Baht per year: Tourist visa only. Every 6 month you both have to travel to vientiane, Laos and apply a double entry tourist visa.After 60 days you extend this at Immigration for another 30 days.Then you must do a border run to active the 2 entry of the tourist visa you got in Laos.In a year this will cost you around 1800-2000 USD for the both of you.In a year: 2 trips to Laos overnight, and 2 border runs to Cambodia, day trip. Full Residence status is a different ballgame:- take years and fluent in Thai.- they approve very limited applicants yearly. Legal wise you will both be 3rd class citizens, and treated similar. Things one should seriously consider, before you do the move. Many Filipinas who stay long time in Thailand, often get visa application denied. They get accused of working without a work permit. If legally married and proof of this, it should not be a problem, but be aware that this problem might occur. This to the best of my knowledge, after previously living in Thailand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Wow, getting married in the Philippines, lets see.... you can do it in your sleep! Not difficult, doesn't take that much money or time, plenty of Filipinas to choose from, so that should not be a problem. Moving somewhere else....., now that I have difficulty with! As I am not sure I would consider it. I know that retiring in Malaysia is relatively easy, if you have money, a steady income, (that does not come from Malaysia) as you are not allowed to do that! You must already have the income. The same can be said of Singapore. Thailand, well I bow to the wisdom from the previous thread. Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia.... won't even consider it. Where else could be less expensive with better inforstructure? All the rest with first world education, transportation, medical are all considerably more expensive to live.I am afraid I do not have the knowledge about places in central or southern America, and I don't know of any place less expensive in Europe, so I guess that only leaves you with Africa..... or the Antarctica! No, Philippines is the best place to be, especially if you are going to marry a Filipina, as you costs of coming back so she can visit her family, and take care of them as required would be far too expensive. Sorry I could not be of more help. Papa Carl