Interesting

brock
Posted
Posted

This may be of some interest to some of the mebers here.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Perhaps I am the only one in the Philippines who has a dreadfully slow Internet connection but I cannot look at Youtube videos unless I take 20 minutes to download and watch a 3 minute segment.This doesn't mean I never watch the vids people link to here. It means I am extremely selective of the ones I want to devote that much time to watching. As it is going to take me that long to watch the vid you are linking to, (and not just this post but I would ask this of all posters), can you please take the time to tell me a little bit about what I am going to see when I look at it? That will help me decide whether or not to look at it.Thanks everyone.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well I will turn them into videos by using the media link just above to the right. Part I, II and IIIThis is about the injustices of the Bureau of Immigration and some horror stories of foreigners who lost businesses and were put in jail and other injustices to other foreigners. It is also about a man named Alfred and his Foreign Assistance Center and some of his very powerful Filipino friends. Commissioner Libanan of the BI being one of them and who is working with Alfred against corruption in his agency. I would say it is worth watching, if nothing else to find out where you can contact this man in case any of us needs help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFp0ld_lgdk

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Candyman
Posted
Posted
Wow ! That should be ESSENTIAL VIEWING , for all expats, and those thinking of living in the Philippines ! Thankyou for sharing !

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I've heard about FAC and it's good to know they are around! But it goes to show that everyone living or visiting the Philippines have to be careful in who they are dealing with socially or professionally! There are scrupulous dishonest Filipinos out there to take advantage of foreigners to do them out of their money or assets anyway possible and it just may not have anything to do with money, but a grudge between your neighbors, ex-friends or ex-business acquittance's just out for revenge!

• 11 months later...
brock
Posted
Posted

All I know is that the guy who runs FAC is a German guy, His wife is high up in the police force, If you are in any kind of trouble, He will assist you in any way he can, BUT, You have to be a member of FAC to get his help, It does cost a few thousand peso every year to be a member, I did know, But I have forgotton.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

All I know is that the guy who runs FAC is a German guy, His wife is high up in the police force, If you are in any kind of trouble, He will assist you in any way he can, BUT, You have to be a member of FAC to get his help, It does cost a few thousand peso every year to be a member, I did know, But I have forgotton.

I have made a note to look into FAC more once I move to the Philippines.

Sounds like it might be good insurance just in case and also reward him for risking his life and liberty to help others.

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

No disrespect intended, but this seems to me to be an advertisement for the Foreigner's Assistance Center. However, with that being said, if Mr. Leynhert's (sp) assistance does indeed help in rescueing innocently incarcerated foreigners, I am all for it! Where do i sign up?

Jake
Posted
Posted

No disrespect intended, but this seems to me to be an advertisement for the Foreigner's Assistance Center. However, with that being said, if Mr. Leynhert's (sp) assistance does indeed help in rescueing innocently incarcerated foreigners, I am all for it! Where do i sign up?

Looks legit to me.....here's their website: http://www.foreign-assistance-center.com/. Click on Member & Law

and download their application.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2