Wood Doors

stef
Posted
Posted

why not just fit a metal door you can get them in the same styles as wooden ones

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

All my doors are mahogany, heavy and thick with a deadbolt the ones leading in the house. Brake in my doors and welcome to meet my doberman, i got 4 dogs, 3 out and 1 in the house. Did you manage to pass all these??? Ok then for sure the entire sudbivision has heard about it and security on their way.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I also forgot to mention that our subdivision has 6 armed security guards with portable radios, 2 at the guard house entry way just adjacent to our property and 4 gurads roving the entire subdivision. The entrance gates into our subdivision are closed from midnight until 4 am. There are about 600 homes within our gated community. So, our wrought iron grills on our doors and windows are just for added protection for just in case, because one never knows! post-682-0-76258900-1306064978_thumb.jpg
Nobody told me you were in prison,lolSeriously that seems like to much security for me,I could not live like that but if it makes you feel secure then good for you.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I also forgot to mention that our subdivision has 6 armed security guards with portable radios, 2 at the guard house entry way just adjacent to our property and 4 gurads roving the entire subdivision. The entrance gates into our subdivision are closed from midnight until 4 am. There are about 600 homes within our gated community. So, our wrought iron grills on our doors and windows are just for added protection for just in case, because one never knows! post-682-0-76258900-1306064978_thumb.jpg
Nobody told me you were in prison,lolSeriously that seems like to much security for me,I could not live like that but if it makes you feel secure then good for you.
th_thholysheep.gifAt least it's decorative! Kidding aside, I do have peace of mind for my loved one's sake and safety! As I said, we sleep good at night or during the day, because we do feel safe in our own home! Too much security is never enough in any 3rd world country! Example: What if you had an intruder break into your home and you weren't there except for your wife and children? Nuff said eh! This is the Philippines and anything can happen at any time and place! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

United Army
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifAt least it's decorative! I have peace of mind for my loved ones! As I said, I sleep good at night or during the day! Too much security is never enough in any 3rd world country! Example: What if you had an intruder break into your home and you weren't there except your wife and children? Nuff said eh! This is the Philippines and anything can happen at any time and place!
When is too much security too much, and when does a person feel like a prisoner in his own home? Well I guess it all depends on your state of mind. All it would take is one day or night and a break-in occurs, and what may happen during this. I feel that too much security is never enough and I would rather be safe than sorry. I do not want my wife's life changed if something was to happen to me during a break-in, or for that matter my life changed if something was to happen to my wife or her daughter during a break-in. Yes the RP is a 3rd world country and you should take the necessary steps to protect your family and yourself. Peace of mind is a good thing to have....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifAt least it's decorative! I have peace of mind for my loved ones! As I said, I sleep good at night or during the day! Too much security is never enough in any 3rd world country! Example: What if you had an intruder break into your home and you weren't there except your wife and children? Nuff said eh! This is the Philippines and anything can happen at any time and place!
When is too much security too much, and when does a person feel like a prisoner in his own home? Well I guess it all depends on your state of mind. All it would take is one day or night and a break-in occurs, and what may happen during this. I feel that too much security is never enough and I would rather be safe than sorry. I do not want my wife's life changed if something was to happen to me during a break-in, or for that matter my life changed if something was to happen to my wife or her daughter during a break-in. Yes the RP is a 3rd world country and you should take the necessary steps to protect your family and yourself. Peace of mind is a good thing to have....
I agree that security is important as long as it does not cut our own freedom to a point that one can not breath.The other thing with a lot of security is the problem for a quick escape for yourself if need be such as fire or even an intruder who made his way in.It might be different if just a couple live in a home but if a few family members or even children live in the one home then the next possibility is some one unwittingly lets a bad guy in. Look at that case last year in Angeles where the computer repair man ended up being the murderer of a family.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

We can all make up all the "what ifs" type scenarios or point to examples one has read in the news to justify one's POVs, but when it really comes down to personal security in the home, it's just up to those living in their own home to make up the ground rules of all the possibilities that could go wrong like break-ins, fires, earthquakes, hurricanes and or flooding etc and be prepare for them! So, each to their own whatever makes one feel safe and secure! I do! United Army does! Who else? Even with all the protection in place, we do have escape exits upstairs and downstairs just in case of fires or earthquakes! We truly do have peace of mind and we don't feel like prisoners in our own home! Like I mentioned, all our wrought iron grills are all decorative and don't look like prison bars!And one never knows, there could be those security guards who let in crooks to do their planned inside jobs and maids who setup the break-ins! So one should avoid being complacent and be always be aware of people's behaviors around us or in the vicinity of our property in case someone is observing us to plan a break-in!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

United Army
Posted
Posted

I want to thank all that posted on this thread and have shared their ideas with me, I have decided to get the black metal grills put on the outside of our wood doors, I feel this will be the best for us. I have also given thought on how will we get out if there is a fire, etc., and and I feel comfortable with this.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Sometimes you can find them at some hardware stores already made with steel grills and a heavy duty meshed steel screen and the holes are pre-drilled for the door knob and deadbolt key lock. They are usually U.S. standard size doors and comes in beige, black and white colors! The screws are your 3 inch high torque head type screws, which requires a special high torque screw driver to mount the outer frame to your door jams weather they be steel or wood! We have the similar door as you see the pic in my post above , but ours was custom made with the decorative grill design, costs a little bit more.