Virtual Usa Address With Shipping To Philippines

Britster
Posted
Posted

Ever wanted to buy something in USA on the Internet, then it says they will only ship to Mainland USA State?With the US$ effectively getting cheaper against the Peso (from 56, down to 43), buying items can produce considerable savings, especially when companies like Amazon.com have special offers and give FREE Shipping (within the USA).That is fine if you have a friend in the USA, planning on visiting the Philippines and you know and trust them to receive the Goods you order on line and bring them out to the Philippines with them and will hand them over.What if you have a lot of items to buy - I would not feel right asking someone to bring 4Kg+ worth of items.I have a Bank Account and Gold Credit Card with BDO.BDO then sent me a 'Virtual' Credit Card, specifically for use with Internet Shopping. It is connected to the real Credit Card, but has a lower Credit Limit than the main Card.Then BDO sent me this 1 year FREE Membership to My-ShoppingBox.com (worth $25)logo.gifbanner3.jpgI fancied checking if some Mobil1 engine oil could be sent via this My-ShoppingBox.com, since it might be classified under Flamable Materials and this prohibited. The reply I recived back was they could ship such engine oil as a personal consignment. So I went ahead and bought a Case of 12 x Quart Bottles from , with my Account Address of My-ShoppingBox.comMobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40Then when received by My-ShoppingBox.com they diid a reversal and said such items cant be shipped as classified as Flamable! To cut a long story short - after I supplied them with the MSDS (Materiels Safety Data Sheet), that showed this to be Fully Synthetic Oil with Flash point >200 Degrees C (212 actually), there is NO Restrictions by Land / Air / Sea. After some delay My-ShippingBox found a Shipper willing to carry it, on a personal basis, but added it was a '1 off', so it now on its way. The cost of Shipping to my BDO Address in the Philippines with MyShoppingBox.com:-

• Air Freight (Class 1) - $5.50 per pound
  • Air Freight (Class 2) - $8.50 per pound
  • Sea Freight - $2.50 per poundSea Freight Handling ChargeElectrical appliances and other "Fragile" electrical devices that are packed below 30 pounds of chargeable shipping weight, shall be subject to a special handling charge of $1.25 per pound based on its chargeable shipping weight

Packages exceeding 30 pounds by weight or volume dimensions are classified as "OVERSIZE PACKAGES". These are subject to an additional handling charge at a rate of 30% of its actual weight or volume dimensions, whichever is higher.

BDO more recently sent details of another company offering similar service USA2Pilipinas.comheader-internal.jpg

We are shipping experts who have been in business since 1991. We serve markets across the United States and around the world, and we can give you greater access to American products than anyone else. Our headquarters and warehouse are centrally located in the US, perfect for receiving any size item you are buying from a US retailer. You simply have your items sent to our warehouse, where we consolidate them with hundreds or thousands of other items being shipped to the Philippines. We apply a shipping label with your home address to your purchases, reduce unnecessary packaging that would otherwise cost you much more to ship, and then we combine many small to mid-sized parcels into appropriate international shipping containers.Many US retailers will not ship directly to other countries, but now you can enjoy shopping at almost ANY US company by using USA2Pilipinas.com* Register today with USA2Pilipinas.com and start shopping!*Some restrictions apply. USA2Pilipinas.com complies with all international customs restrictions. Click to see list of restricted items.
The DIFFERENCES between USA2Pilipinas.com and My-Shopping Box.com, from my limited experience of now having used BOTH, are as follows:-
  1. USA2Pilipinas.com only offer AIR FREIGHT
  2. USA2Pilipinas.com don't offer 2 Tiers of Airfreight, unlike MyShippingBox.com with both 'Class 1' and 'Class 2' Air Freight as well as See Freight
  3. USA2Pilipinas.com have stated they can ship that Mobil1 engine oil (having seen the products MSDS) but will cost more than the $2.50/Kg of MyShoppingBox.com
  4. USA2Pilipinas.com Shipping costs are i) Transportation charges, ii) Package Management charges* $7/Box, ii) Beyond Area Delivery charge $2/KgEg 2 Boxes totalling 2Kg, to Cebu rather than Manila, is estimated to cost $51.34* This can be reduced by $5/Box, by providing my tracking number and package details/value.1 Box totalling 2Kg, collected in Manila, where tracking number and package details/value.is provided, has estimated cost $35.34

If you can get your supplier (ie Amazon.com) to ship all the ordered items together in 1 Box, the total weight is often very much lower than the sum of the individual Item shipping weights quoted. Here is a recent Order from Amazon.com, sent FREE SHIPPING to my USA2Pilipinas.com Account address:- 31e8ANUKa1L._SY100_.jpg + 51oxyzLNmYL._SY100_.jpg + 51%2BR7EQ6GdL._SX100_.jpg + 41PGR%2BBhHuL._SX100_.jpg + 4152YL-jfXL._SX100_.jpg + 31mRW6CbCZL._SY100_.jpgOrder Total: $202.13FREE Super Saver Shipping on ALL these Items from Amazon.com (to USA mainland address)USA2Pilipinas.com Invoice total (Airfreight/Delivery to my Home in Cebu):$ 39.34Total is about Php10,432 - not bad at all!However the Shipping weight of all 6 Items, Quoted on Amazon.com, suggested 7Kg Total.Had I known this beforehand (from Amazon.com), I would have changed the 'Ship To' Address to be that of My-Shopping Box.com account.2Kg x $8.50/Kg =$17 ie a potential SAVING of $22.4

Keg
Posted
Posted

You can also use Johhny Air Cargo, open up an account with them and then mail your stuff to their store in the US and they will ship it to the philippines. Im not sure about the price, but i believe it was round $5.00 per pound.

Britster
Posted
Posted
You can also use Johhny Air Cargo, open up an account with them and then mail your stuff to their store in the US and they will ship it to the philippines. Im not sure about the price, but i believe it was round $5.00 per pound.
johnnyairlogo.jpgcorporate_rev2.jpgairretail2.jpgoceancargo2.jpgYes it seems they offer similar Service to the Philippines.Could not find any details of what they actually charge on those website however so unable to directly compare with the ones I mentioned.

Garpo
Posted
Posted
johnnyairlogo.jpgcorporate_rev2.jpgairretail2.jpgoceancargo2.jpgYes it seems they offer similar Service to the Philippines.Could not find any details of what they actually charge on those website however so unable to directly compare with the ones I mentioned.
Johnny air cargo charges $7.50 per pound plus a $5.00 service charge. That was the information I found on their webstie.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ever wanted to buy something in USA on the Internet, then it says they will only ship to Mainland USA State?With the US$ effectively getting cheaper against the Peso (from 56, down to 43), buying items can produce considerable savings, especially when companies like Amazon.com have special offers and give FREE Shipping (within the USA).That is fine if you have a friend in the USA, planning on visiting the Philippines and you know and trust them to receive the Goods you order on line and bring them out to the Philippines with them and will hand them over.What if you have a lot of items to buy - I would not feel right asking someone to bring 4Kg+ worth of items.I have a Bank Account and Gold Credit Card with BDO.BDO then sent me a 'Virtual' Credit Card, specifically for use with Internet Shopping. It is connected to the real Credit Card, but has a lower Credit Limit than the main Card.Then BDO sent me this 1 year FREE Membership to My-ShoppingBox.com (worth $25)logo.gifbanner3.jpgI fancied checking if some Mobil1 engine oil could be sent via this My-ShoppingBox.com, since it might be classified under Flamable Materials and this prohibited. The reply I recived back was they could ship such engine oil as a personal consignment. So I went ahead and bought a Case of 12 x Quart Bottles from , with my Account Address of My-ShoppingBox.comMobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40Then when received by My-ShoppingBox.com they diid a reversal and said such items cant be shipped as classified as Flamable! To cut a long story short - after I supplied them with the MSDS (Materiels Safety Data Sheet), that showed this to be Fully Synthetic Oil with Flash point >200 Degrees C (212 actually), there is NO Restrictions by Land / Air / Sea. After some delay My-ShippingBox found a Shipper willing to carry it, on a personal basis, but added it was a '1 off', so it now on its way. The cost of Shipping to my BDO Address in the Philippines with MyShoppingBox.com:-
  • Air Freight (Class 1) - $5.50 per pound
  • Air Freight (Class 2) - $8.50 per pound
  • Sea Freight - $2.50 per poundSea Freight Handling ChargeElectrical appliances and other "Fragile" electrical devices that are packed below 30 pounds of chargeable shipping weight, shall be subject to a special handling charge of $1.25 per pound based on its chargeable shipping weight

Packages exceeding 30 pounds by weight or volume dimensions are classified as "OVERSIZE PACKAGES". These are subject to an additional handling charge at a rate of 30% of its actual weight or volume dimensions, whichever is higher.

BDO more recently sent details of another company offering similar service USA2Pilipinas.comheader-internal.jpg

We are shipping experts who have been in business since 1991. We serve markets across the United States and around the world, and we can give you greater access to American products than anyone else. Our headquarters and warehouse are centrally located in the US, perfect for receiving any size item you are buying from a US retailer. You simply have your items sent to our warehouse, where we consolidate them with hundreds or thousands of other items being shipped to the Philippines. We apply a shipping label with your home address to your purchases, reduce unnecessary packaging that would otherwise cost you much more to ship, and then we combine many small to mid-sized parcels into appropriate international shipping containers.Many US retailers will not ship directly to other countries, but now you can enjoy shopping at almost ANY US company by using USA2Pilipinas.com* Register today with USA2Pilipinas.com and start shopping!*Some restrictions apply. USA2Pilipinas.com complies with all international customs restrictions. Click to see list of restricted items.
The DIFFERENCES between USA2Pilipinas.com and My-Shopping Box.com, from my limited experience of now having used BOTH, are as follows:-
  1. USA2Pilipinas.com only offer AIR FREIGHT
  2. USA2Pilipinas.com don't offer 2 Tiers of Airfreight, unlike MyShippingBox.com with both 'Class 1' and 'Class 2' Air Freight as well as See Freight
  3. USA2Pilipinas.com have stated they can ship that Mobil1 engine oil (having seen the products MSDS) but will cost more than the $2.50/Kg of MyShoppingBox.com
  4. USA2Pilipinas.com Shipping costs are i) Transportation charges, ii) Package Management charges* $7/Box, ii) Beyond Area Delivery charge $2/KgEg 2 Boxes totalling 2Kg, to Cebu rather than Manila, is estimated to cost $51.34* This can be reduced by $5/Box, by providing my tracking number and package details/value.1 Box totalling 2Kg, collected in Manila, where tracking number and package details/value.is provided, has estimated cost $35.34

If you can get your supplier (ie Amazon.com) to ship all the ordered items together in 1 Box, the total weight is often very much lower than the sum of the individual Item shipping weights quoted. Here is a recent Order from Amazon.com, sent FREE SHIPPING to my USA2Pilipinas.com Account address:- 31e8ANUKa1L._SY100_.jpg + 51oxyzLNmYL._SY100_.jpg + 51%2BR7EQ6GdL._SX100_.jpg + 41PGR%2BBhHuL._SX100_.jpg + 4152YL-jfXL._SX100_.jpg + 31mRW6CbCZL._SY100_.jpgOrder Total: $202.13FREE Super Saver Shipping on ALL these Items from Amazon.com (to USA mainland address)USA2Pilipinas.com Invoice total (Airfreight/Delivery to my Home in Cebu):$ 39.34Total is about Php10,432 - not bad at all!However the Shipping weight of all 6 Items, Quoted on Amazon.com, suggested 7Kg Total.Had I known this beforehand (from Amazon.com), I would have changed the 'Ship To' Address to be that of My-Shopping Box.com account.2Kg x $8.50/Kg =$17 ie a potential SAVING of $22.4

I would never USE BDO or any solication from ANY RP Bank. WHEN YOU USE a non us bank. You LOSE all the rights that you have under the FAIR CREDIT ACT (look at the back of your US CREDIT CARD statement)when you use a US ISSUED credit card. using a RP card do you have those rights? if i am wrong. please tell me.My US bank still in forces those rights even when I am living here.( many examples. loss card .($0.00 due)extended warranty etc etc.)#2 sir are you aware of the OTHER FIRMS that offer such service.just look at the other postings. and at a less cost.YOU said ................................ ""With the US$ effectively getting cheaper against the Peso (from 56, down to 43), buying items can produce considerable savings"". how can items be cheaper? when 1 USD =56 php. meaning that 1000 USD bought 56000phpnow with the peso 43 to 1 USD. 1000 USD= 43000 php. a loss of 13000 pesos or $300 USD difference.(yet still converting 1000USD)2.5milion condo unit =57869 USD at 43 rate in 2011/ same unit in sept 2007 would cost 50140 USD ,march 2006 would cost 48722 USD .aug2005 44532 USD (source yahoo finance ) UNLESS you met .that as a HOLDER or income of only pesos that stuff/items are cheaper.for a number of us living here. OUR INCOME is in US DOLLARS then CONVERTED to peso. Edited by ed villas

Britster
Posted
Posted
Johnny air cargo charges $7.50 per pound plus a $5.00 service charge. That was the information I found on their webstie.
Amazon.com quoted the individual Item Shipping Weights as 2lbs + 1lb + 2lb + 2lb + 1.6oz + 4.3oz = 7.5lbs Total However the actual weight of the Shipped Carton (Dimensions = 26.00 x 17.00 x 20.20), was found to be:- Actual Weight (kg) 1.56KgChargeable Weight 2.00KgUSA2Pilipinas.com Invoice total (Airfreight/Delivery to my Home in Cebu):$ 39.34 (includes $4 to Ship to Cebu)http://www.usa2pilipinas.com/CostEstimator.aspxShipping via Johnny Cargo = (4x7.5)+5 = $35Shipping via My-ShoppingBox.com = (4x8.5) = $34 (Shipped to my BDO Account Address ie Cebu)http://my-shoppingbox.com/rates.phpDoes Johnny Cargo ship to anywhere in the Philippines for that price of "$7.50 per pound plus a $5.00 service charge"?(would have appreciated a URL Link to the page where it shows that.)This shows that Jonny Cargo is competitive, but MyShoppingBox was slightly cheaper (but factor in $25 Annual Fee - if not FREE from BDO) and you are not buying many things during such Membership period, then yes looks like Jonny Cargo might be worthy of consideration for sure.(But if one has to factor in additional costs for shipping to say Cebu, and this is factored in, then MyShippingBox.com is looking very good, provided you know the actual Weight of all the items in a Box and dimensions of said Box/Carton, to be sure)?

Britster
Posted
Posted
I would never USE BDO or any solication from ANY RP Bank. WHEN YOU USE a non us bank. You LOSE all the rights that you have under the FAIR CREDIT ACT (look at the back of your US CREDIT CARD statement)when you use a US ISSUED credit card. using a RP card do you have those rights? if i am wrong. please tell me.My US bank still in forces those rights even when I am living here.( many examples. loss card .($0.00 due)extended warranty etc etc.)#2 sir are you aware of the OTHER FIRMS that offer such service.just look at the other postings. and at a less cost.YOU said ................................ ""With the US$ effectively getting cheaper against the Peso (from 56, down to 43), buying items can produce considerable savings"". how can items be cheaper? when 1 USD =56 php. meaning that 1000 USD bought 56000phpnow with the peso 43 to 1 USD. 1000 USD= 43000 php. a loss of 13000 pesos or $300 USD difference.(yet still converting 1000USD)2.5milion condo unit =57869 USD at 43 rate in 2011/ same unit in sept 2007 would cost 50140 USD ,march 2006 would cost 48722 USD .aug2005 44532 USD (source yahoo finance ) UNLESS you met .that as a HOLDER or income of only pesos that stuff/items are cheaper.for a number of us living here. OUR INCOME is in US DOLLARS then CONVERTED to peso.
I have been living here in the Philippines (Cebu) for over 10 Years.I transferred Php3M+ in 2004 when the Exchange rate was GBP1 = Php107I was earning 20%pa on such funds placed in Peso Time Deposits (until December 2008) I transferred more funds in 2005, when Exchange Rate was GBP1 = Php104. In 2004 I placed Php3M in an HSBC 5 Year Peso Term Deposit paying 8.3%pa Nett income, paid monthly.When you look at the cost of buying a Garmin Nuvi 265W, here in the Philippines for Php6,800http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4162That is not a bad price to pay for a Gamin Nuvi 265WHowever by buying same unit @ Amazon.com (along with Waterproof Handlebar Mount - to use on a Motorcycle) New but factory refurbished Garmin Nuvi 265W from Amazon.com (along with Waterproof Handlebar mount), and using USA2Pilipinas.com to ship to me in Cebu, it cost about $140 or Php6,000 approx.Either way - pay $140 or Php6,000. it still cheaper buying a Garmin Nuvi 265W and a Waterproof Handlebar Mount from Amazon.com in USA, and includes cost of being shipped to me here in Cebu, for less than buying a Garmin Nuvi 265W in Manila for Php6,800 and pay for it to be shipped to Cebu.With USA2Pilipinas.com, the Items are insured for loss or damage or theft, for up to $100 valueWith UMy-ShappingBox.com, the Items are insured for loss or damage or theft, for up to $100 value (Option of additional Cover for Premium of 4% ie additional $4, increases Cover to $200).I am not selling anything on Amazon.com (just sharing what I recently bought from them), and giving details on what Shipping Companies I used, or could have used, to get the purchased Items shipped to USA Address, then to my Cebu, Philippines Address.Cetainly USA2Pilipinas.com provides good service in terms of detailing package Size/Weight and chance to reduce Service Fee from $7 per Box to $2, by providing details of the Order prior to arrival, and details of the Tracking No. once known ie on its way to USA2Pilipinas.comI have an Order being shipped via Sea Freight with MyShoppingBox.com and all I know is it left USA on its way to the Philippines, and little more.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I would never USE BDO or any solication from ANY RP Bank. WHEN YOU USE a non us bank. You LOSE all the rights that you have under the FAIR CREDIT ACT (look at the back of your US CREDIT CARD statement)when you use a US ISSUED credit card. using a RP card do you have those rights? if i am wrong. please tell me.My US bank still in forces those rights even when I am living here.( many examples. loss card .($0.00 due)extended warranty etc etc.)#2 sir are you aware of the OTHER FIRMS that offer such service.just look at the other postings. and at a less cost.YOU said ................................ ""With the US$ effectively getting cheaper against the Peso (from 56, down to 43), buying items can produce considerable savings"". how can items be cheaper? when 1 USD =56 php. meaning that 1000 USD bought 56000phpnow with the peso 43 to 1 USD. 1000 USD= 43000 php. a loss of 13000 pesos or $300 USD difference.(yet still converting 1000USD)2.5milion condo unit =57869 USD at 43 rate in 2011/ same unit in sept 2007 would cost 50140 USD ,march 2006 would cost 48722 USD .aug2005 44532 USD (source yahoo finance ) UNLESS you met .that as a HOLDER or income of only pesos that stuff/items are cheaper.for a number of us living here. OUR INCOME is in US DOLLARS then CONVERTED to peso.
I have been living here in the Philippines (Cebu) for over 10 Years.I transferred Php3M+ in 2004 when the Exchange rate was GBP1 = Php107I was earning 20%pa on such funds placed in Peso Time Deposits (until December 2008) I transferred more funds in 2005, when Exchange Rate was GBP1 = Php104. In 2004 I placed Php3M in an HSBC 5 Year Peso Term Deposit paying 8.3%pa Nett income, paid monthly.When you look at the cost of buying a Garmin Nuvi 265W, here in the Philippines for Php6,800http://roadguide.ph/...read.php?t=4162That is not a bad price to pay for a Gamin Nuvi 265WHowever by buying same unit @ Amazon.com (along with Waterproof Handlebar Mount - to use on a Motorcycle) New but factory refurbished Garmin Nuvi 265W from Amazon.com (along with Waterproof Handlebar mount), and using USA2Pilipinas.com to ship to me in Cebu, it cost about $140 or Php6,000 approx. Either way - pay $140 or Php6,000. it still cheaper buying a Garmin Nuvi 265W and a Waterproof Handlebar Mount from Amazon.com in USA, and includes cost of being shipped to me here in Cebu, for less than buying a Garmin Nuvi 265W in Manila for Php6,800 and pay for it to be shipped to Cebu. With USA2Pilipinas.com, the Items are insured for loss or damage or theft, for up to $100 valueWith UMy-ShappingBox.com, the Items are insured for loss or damage or theft, for up to $100 value (Option of additional Cover for Premium of 4% ie additional $4, increases Cover to $200). I am not selling anything on Amazon.com (just sharing what I recently bought from them), and giving details on what Shipping Companies I used, or could have used, to get the purchased Items shipped to USA Address, then to my Cebu, Philippines Address. Cetainly USA2Pilipinas.com provides good service in terms of detailing package Size/Weight and chance to reduce Service Fee from $7 per Box to $2, by providing details of the Order prior to arrival, and details of the Tracking No. once known ie on its way to USA2Pilipinas.com I have an Order being shipped via Sea Freight with MyShoppingBox.com and all I know is it left USA on its way to the Philippines, and little more.
The UK exchange rate today is 1=71.07, last jan2011 1=68.2. july2010 1=70.49thank you for the helpful info. As for me. I would NEVER Spend any of my money Unless i have to with any firm that is related to the SM group. As for the shipping. I rather pay a few $ more and not a $25 annual fee THAN GIVE MY money to BDO/SM . USE MY US credit card than any RP issued ,at least If i have any issues/problems I have protection NOT OFFERED by the RP banks.I am not as lucky as you to such resources as you do. I must watch every peso spent, If i must spend a few pesos more NOT TO USE SM/BDO i will.again I respect your choices and the valuable info you provided. :photo-109:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm threw with all of the purchasing of of anything with credit cards long ago! Ever since we retired 13 years ago, we got rid of all of U.S. credit cards! We only use our U.S. bank debit card that has a Visa Logo and still haven't used it in the last 13 years! Works for us! Oh boy! We had 5 U.S. credit cards with $20,000 line of credit on each card when I was still working! No more temptation, we don't have any credit cards today now that we retired and on a fixed income! We just learned to save our centavos after each direct deposit of my pensions in our U.S. bank and only write out U.S. checks to ourselves and deposit it into our local bank for our monthly budget here in the Philippines! And no, we don't ship anything anymore to the Philippines from the U.S., because we can buy whatever we need here in the Philippines!