Pls Delete My Account

paul
Posted
Posted
I found a difference in the personal portal and under new comments and new friends, changed both of those to no notification on my wife's computer and I emailed poby and told him the same thing.
That has nothing to do with the email issue here. The "Comments" options in your personal portal are for notifications if someone posts a comment in your profile. You can see where you add friends and where they can make comments there.
Ive changed my email to a nonsense one just to be sure. The default setting for new members really needs to be no emails as I think few people really want to get an email every time someone posts. It should be an "opt in" rather than an "opt out" option.
True. But, one should experiment with their options, or post, as you did, when you have an issue. Then, others can help by offering suggestions on how to fix the problems at hand.I'm sorry that you have the problems here that you do. Do note though, this is the same forum software we run on "another forum", so the options, for the most part, will be the same.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Ive changed my email to a nonsense one just to be sure. The default setting for new members really needs to be no emails as I think few people really want to get an email every time someone posts. It should be an "opt in" rather than an "opt out" option.
Hi PobySorry for your Email problem, after scratching my head for awhile I have found the problem and no one should receive Emails about new topics.Also to all members please take a look at "My Controls". You can change email settings here and this is what you will see if you click on Email settings on the left hand side.Take notice of the last option.Board PreferencesInclude a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topicEnabling this option will send a plain text version of the post in the subscription email.Send a notification email when I receive a new private messageEnabling this option will send an email notification of any new private messages sent to you.Enable 'Email Notification' by default?If ticked, choose default type: No Email Notification Immediate Email Notification Delayed Emailed Notification Daily Email Digest Weekly Email Digest Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to. The "My Controls" is the place to set the fourm up to how you want.Regards Tom SugarwareZ-005.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I found a difference in the personal portal and under new comments and new friends, changed both of those to no notification on my wife's computer and I emailed poby and told him the same thing.
That has nothing to do with the email issue here. The "Comments" options in your personal portal are for notifications if someone posts a comment in your profile. You can see where you add friends and where they can make comments there.
True. But, one should experiment with their options, or post, as you did, when you have an issue. Then, others can help by offering suggestions on how to fix the problems at hand.I'm sorry that you have the problems here that you do. Do note though, this is the same forum software we run on LinC, so the options, for the most part, will be the same.
Thanks Paul and Lee for helping with this subject. SugarwareZ-003.gif Tom

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Paul, I realize the things I did should have nothing to do with the problem but you had said earlier that it had to be in our settings and I was only doing what you told me and finding the differences in the settings and those were the only differences between my setup that was not sending me emails and my wife's setup that was sending her emails. I knew poby was disgusted and that is why I first suggested he change his email account listed and then also posted and emailed him the differences in the settings. Tom was not online and I was just doing the best I could to help poby with what I had.Thanks Paul for all your help and thank you Tom for fixing the problem.