Filipinas Are The Only Reason Expats Live Or Visit Philippines?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

My wife and I are both Fil/Ams, so it ain't for the other sexy Filipinas, but hey, it could be! I retired in the Philippines mainly for the balut and my San Miguel beer! Whenever Jake makes it here, it'll be a basket full of balut and his ice cold pitcher of Mojo at E.J.'s bullet proof fortress in Olongapo City!

Travis
Posted
Posted

I moved to Cebu because it was supposed to be cheap to live & girls were secondary in my mind but I did hear the girls were not as loose as those I find back home. I never had a problem meeting women here because I am a body builder so I meet many & even girls in their 20's at the gym or while out walking or running & I also did in Cebu but like back home found many too easy & that was not what I was looking for. I know good girls do exist & I did meet some but had the misfortune of them having blood sucking families so the quest continues & if I have to stay alone the rest of my life then so be it because I am quite content with exercising & my computer when I am not working my freaken butt off :lol: but hopefully my day will come again if they do not bankrupt our country & ss

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

I'll be moving to Cebu because of the Filipinas.Had 10+ years in Thailand when I suddenly wake up and are no longer wanted, because I'm getting old (50).Thai women don't like older guys any more. They want young and handsome, did I mention rich, filthy rich.I've always been generous to my girlfriend and her family here, still when you reach age 50: You're out!It really sucks when I've taken the time to learn their difficult language, and gone true 50+ visa trips.Filipinas don't mind older age, so that is my one and only reason to move there. Not as a sexpat, but as a expat.I love the beach and being active daytime, so Cebu fit my needs.I think most sexpats move to Angeles, so expats in Cebu don't need to be worried too much.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Cost of living is the main reason why Americans retire overseas. The second is warmer climate. The current estimate is over 1 million Americans are living overseas in retirement.

omnivorism
Posted
Posted (edited)

For me I looked around at MANY options. From South and Central America, to other tropical island countries (some of which I can't remember the names of), to Czech Republic, and New Zealand. I chose the Philippines for practical reasons. I actually looked at Vietnam and Thailand first.Ironically it is the COOLER weather of the mountains of Baguio I am interested in. I really don't care for the 100F temps of the summer in the Southern US. Of course this isn't the only reason though. I really knew very minimal about what the local women were like until more recently when I began to "meet" some online.While I certainly don't care for all of them, overall, I just consider the women, and increased options of a foreigner in terms of being popular with the local ladies to be a bonus factor.

Edited by omnivorism

Jake
Posted
Posted
For me I looked around at MANY options. From South and Central America, to other tropical island countries (some of which I can't remember the names of), to Czech Republic, and New Zealand. I chose the Philippines for practical reasons. I actually looked at Vietnam and Thailand first.Ironically it is the COOLER weather of the mountains of Baguio I am interested in. I really don't care for the 100F temps of the summer in the Southern US. Of course this isn't the only reason though. I really knew very minimal about what the local women were like until more recently when I began to "meet" some online.While I certainly don't care for all of them, overall, I just consider the women, and increased options of a foreigner in terms of being popular with the local ladies to be a bonus factor.
Hey Omnivorism, Here is another option for you to consider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagaytay.It's located south of Manila, about a couple hours drive and further south arethe many beach resorts of Batangas province. Tagaytag's average temp is22.7C, about 73 degrees F. Happy hunting -- Jake
  • Like 1

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Hey Omnivorism, Here is another option for you to consider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagaytay.It's located south of Manila, about a couple hours drive and further south arethe many beach resorts of Batangas province. Tagaytag's average temp is22.7C, about 73 degrees F. Happy hunting -- Jake
Thanks Jake...I'm going to check that place out within a month or two. Just what I am looking for...cooler, 2 hours to do major shopping, near one of the only three hospitals I am covered for medical wise, and better highways to get to Subic to visit old friends. What would be the best place to go to get there from Davao...Clark or Manila? ...and of course, the best bus to get down there? If Davao had an S & R, I can see staying here forever....that's my only drawback here...shopping, western style... is meh.

• 1 month later...
twostrokes
Posted
Posted

Well I originally went to the RP because the Navy said so. I was in heaven....loved the night life and the women. I applied for a school after my tour and got it. After the school I convienced a guy with orders to the RP that he would hate it and that he would enjoy my orders much better (Northwestcape Au). He bit and I called the Bupers and got our orders swapped. So back again. Loved going into the countryside like stepping back in time as far as lifestyle was concerned. Mainly nipa huts and banka boats and the like. I had always had this fantasy as a kid of living on a South Pacific Island full of beautiful women, coconut trees, beaches and the like. For me, I had found my dream. Back to the states for a short tour, and again working the Bupers for another set of orders to RP. Things were changing, TV had arrived and the locals started finding out what money could buy. They now wanted it, I had it, so attitudes changed.By the time I came back in the mid 80's, EVERYTHING had changed. the country all had electricity and TV's Shopping Malls started appearing in Manila. Appliances were available most everywhere. The country had joined the 20th century. Traffic was a nightmare, the forests were cut down and land stripped of their beauty. Americans were becoming the new thing to hate. Then the kicked out the Bases, Mt. Pinitubo blew up on top of me. I was not a happy camper anymore. I stayed a couple more years and returned to the states in late 93. I still have the same old fantasy of living on a South Pacific island filled with beautiful women, but I don't think that Island exists anymore, anywhere in the world. Going back will never be the same. Yes there are still beautiful women, still cheap drinks (I don't drink anyore and am married so ??) not much good for me. So to answer the question, yes I stayed for the Filipinas, I went back for the Filipinas, and I miss the RP of the past. Not sure I would like it much in the present.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

I am in the same page as the retirednavyguy.I live here because i am more free than in europe or US. last time i was in Europe (earlier this year) i wanted a sim card, i though i will go to the local cellphone store and get one...they needed my id, as well my tax id number, in official forms...i laughed and asked them if this is a joke, they looked at me as a weirdo and they said no it is not a joke. It wasn't.here no one asks me for anything. No one asked my wife or me where did we found the money to build a big house or buy a car or whatever...beyond that it is warm weather.