Why Are Some Kanos So Nasty?

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry but I have been wondering why some of the Kanos that I have met in my country seem to be so nasty? Many are loud mouths who seem to always brag and a lot have no respect for our women and we are not just Filipinas, we are women with feelings and not toys to be played with. Most Americans I meet in the US seem very nice and not at all like the Kanos in the Philippines.Sorry, I meant some of the Kanos I met in the Philippines. Most I have met are nice, but I wish some of the bad ones would get deported fast.

Edited by Mr. Lee's wife

chimellie
Posted
Posted

Men ( Kanos,Japenese,Korean...etc...) go to Cebu and think they can do or say anything and get away with, they deserve to get slapped if they disrepect the ladies there.I think you should practice the slapping on MrLee now before you get back to Cebu.

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted (edited)
Men ( Kanos,Japenese,Korean...etc...) go to Cebu and think they can do or say anything and get away with, they deserve to get slapped if they disrepect the ladies there.I think you should practice the slapping on MrLee now before you get back to Cebu.
Chi, Lee is one of the good Kanos just like you, but I do know some Kanos that I would love to slap if Lee would let me, and I am sure you know some that I am thinking of. Edited by Mr. Lee's wife

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nila, I can explain it but it's just my perspective, even though it is a shared one with many of the more civilized expats here.There is a certain type of Kano (any nationality)that comes here simply because of the stigma attached to white people here and the ever abundance of readily availablt woem.Most of their experience in the country comes from the bars, where they are treated like kings and pampered, for a price of course.This then goes to their heads and the become masters of the universe, in their own minds. They are typically rude, foul mouthed and bossy as hell.4 Expats and their associated fiance's/wives went to Sinulog near the circle, so we stopped into a local bar to get some cold beer and to cool off.In came three of the types you are referring to and they proceeded to try and hit on a couple of our ladies while they were shooting pool. They had no idea who they were or if they were with someone, they just assumed their superiority attitude and made unwanted advances.We expats just stood and watched since they were not overly rude or aggressive, but their mannerisms were loathsome and it just gives Kanos a bad name unfortunately!Bottom line is that they have a similar superiority attitude to some Koreans!Really sad!

Edited by BobNChe

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
Nila, I can explain it but it's just my perspective, even though it is a shared one with many of the more civilized expats here.There is a certain type of Kano (any nationality)that comes here simply because of the stigma attached to white people here and the ever abundance of readily availablt woem.Most of their experience in the country comes from the bars, where they are treated like kings and pampered, for a price of course.This then goes to their heads and the become masters of the universe, in their own minds. They are typically rude, foul mouthed and bossy as hell.4 Expats and their associated fiance's/wives went to Sinulog near the circle, so we stopped into a local bar to get some cold beer and to cool off.In came three of the types you are referring to and they proceeded to try and hit on a couple of our ladies while they were shooting pool. They had no idea who they were or if they were with someone, they just assumed their superiority attitude and made unwanted advances.We expats just stood and watched since they were not overly rude or aggressive, but their mannerisms were loathsome and it just gives Kanos a bad name unfortunately!Bottom line is that they have a similar superiority attitude to some Koreans!Really sad!
Thank you Bob but I think there is more to it, I think people like that are inferior in their own countries and feel like big shots when there are in my country and as Lee says, they make all expats look bad.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Sorry but I have been wondering why some of the Kanos that I have met in my country seem to be so nasty? Many are loud mouths who seem to always brag and a lot have no respect for our women and we are not just Filipinas, we are women with feelings and not toys to be played with.Most Americans I meet in the US seem very nice and not at all like the Kanos in the Philippines.Sorry, I meant some of the Kanos I met in the Philippines. Most I have met are nice, but I wish some of the bad ones would get deported fast.
In my experience living abroad, there are 2 general types of expats. The first are people that want to experience a different culture and relocate to do it. These people are typically respectful and work to fit in to the local culture.The second group are people that come to the third world so they can be on top of things instead of at the bottom. Even a poor Kano can live like a king in the Philippines. Sometimes people let this go to their head and start acting like they are better than everyone else. These people are generally failures of one sort or another in their home country. Many expats are not the best their home country has to offer. There's lots of other possibilities as well. Some may have started with the best of intentions, but they just can't handle life in a foreign culture. The feeling of culture shock and being disconnected from all they know overwhelms them and they start lashing out at the people and things around them.Maybe others simply got tired of Filipinos trying to screw them over at every opportunity and decided to start dishing it out instead of taking it. And then some people are just AHoles no matter what culture or situation they find themselves in.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thank you Bob but I think there is more to it, I think people like that are inferior in their own countries and feel like big shots when there are in my country and as Lee says, they make all expats look bad.
This reminds me of an incident that a work mate was telling me awhile back, I think this was actually in Thailand but makes no difference, a loud mouth over weight foreigner was in a bar mouthing off how he could buy anyone in the bar and how much money he had, just being abusive to everyone.It must have been like an open fronted bar with a open window frontage,the loud mouth was sitting there carrying on and he placed his wallet down for a moment and quick as a flash someone on the out side grabbed it and was off,he yelled for everyone to help chase the thief as he ran out of the bar and down the road after him.No one in the bar helped him, when he returned out of breath,red faced and almost ready to keel over everyone in the bar clapped and cheered.Perhaps he learned a lesson,maybe not SugarwareZ-011.gif

Guardian
Posted
Posted

The probably have small male parts.