Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Another topic about OKIEBOY who was able to obtain his Senior citizen card,

both are closely interelated.

Markham
Posted
Posted

any one over 60 has the prescription for Free.

Technically it is not free. You paid for it all your life through payroll deductions or contributions to a health plan or through government taxes.

Well I meant to them it is,, this is the point i was trying to make, I have no qualms about this, so I just see it as a50/50 thing, we look after the elderly or over60's, in the UK, regardless of nationality if they are there legally, Ha even the illegals get it, would not hurt to have the shoe on the other foot once in a while. :)

I guess your information came to you from the pages of The Sun? It is certainly true that during the Blair government, the UK was being used for medical tourism but that has all been stopped. It is now very difficult for a non-EU citizen to get free health care regardless of his age on the NHS. Unless a patient has a NHS number - only given to nationals and those with ILR status - doctors and hospitals will only provide emergency treatment; everything else has to be paid for on a private patient basis.

In Wales all prescriptions are free but in England, in order to get free prescriptions, the patient has to produce an entitlement card issued by his local Health Authority on behalf of the DoH. Also, if you are registered with a GP in England and you spend more than (I believe) six months out of the country, your entitlement to free NHS care with that doctor ceases.

The other point you should bear in mind is that the Philippines is a poor third world country and it is only right that any help the national government gives to senior citizens should be restricted to Philippine nationals. Besides which, the Philippines Retirement Authority is issuing around 2,000 SRRVs a year: how many elderly Philippine citizens emigrate to the UK to live out their retirement years? If any, nowhere near that number.

Finally, whilst you may find it easy to obtain the Senior Citizens' ID card, you would be committing a criminal offence should you choose to use it to obtain a discount.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I guess your information came to you from the pages of The Sun?

NO, my visit to a Cardio Vascular Surgeon in London After my stroke , led me to this Fact. I had been Living in Spain for over 15 years and I too thought I would have to pay, BUT I was told, any one over 60 with a doctors Prescription did not have to pay.

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
I guess your information came to you from the pages of The Sun?

Isn't that rather presumptious and a tad blunt?

• Like 1