Looking To Buy Scroll Saw

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Not only are they hard to find here, but even jigsaws are expensive and hard to find a good one.  And when you do find a half decent one you can't get blades for it easily.  So I suggest importing one and bring lots of blades. (And a transformer if yours is 110V)

Click here for an example of one you can find online (Lazada, as Sonjack mentioned) but remember it is unlikely you will find extra blades for it, other than the ones that come with it.

LC_Michaels
Posted
Posted

Jack Peterson - that is my saw.  It is a very good mid level scroll saw.  They run about $475 - $650 USD.  I was planning to sell my main tools and rebuy there, but I'm beginning to wonder if would be worth spend the freight to have them shipped over there.  My girlfriend's father told me about 220 volt, but rewiring some outlets with a converter shouldn't be a problem.  As for blades, I have to order them anyway, because no one within 150 miles of where I live carry anything but the most basic you'd find at the big box stores.  My plan would be to buy a 2-year supply and replenish when i'd come back to visit family.  The other  two tools I use fairly often I'm worried about is a jointer and a planer.  Again, my GFs father said these might be an issue.  That a table saw and drill press shouldn't be a worry.  He's actually excited that his daughter is with someone who likes working with wood artistically.  Anyway, photo of the jointer and planer I have below.  Thanks everyone for your quick replies.. 

tools.jpg

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, LC_Michaels said:

Jack Peterson - that is my saw.  It is a very good mid level scroll saw.  They run about $475 - $650 USD.  I was planning to sell my main tools and rebuy there, but I'm beginning to wonder if would be worth spend the freight to have them shipped over there.  My girlfriend's father told me about 220 volt, but rewiring some outlets with a converter shouldn't be a problem.  As for blades, I have to order them anyway, because no one within 150 miles of where I live carry anything but the most basic you'd find at the big box stores.  My plan would be to buy a 2-year supply and replenish when i'd come back to visit family.  The other  two tools I use fairly often I'm worried about is a jointer and a planer.  Again, my GFs father said these might be an issue.  That a table saw and drill press shouldn't be a worry.  He's actually excited that his daughter is with someone who likes working with wood artistically.  Anyway, photo of the jointer and planer I have below.  Thanks everyone for your quick replies.. 

tools.jpg

I would suggest like Dave said, ship what you have and as many blades you can to hold you over until your next trip back.  I shipped my DW745  table saw and very glad I did.  There are some table saws but not very good.  I have yet to see a scroll saw and I'm just outside Manila and have checked all the usual places including online.  No joy.  If you still have the original box and foam, that will be a big help.  Otherwise break it down so nothing gets broken in shipment. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Ok to me that is a band saw even though it may not be a band which is the blade.

• Like 2